The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

12 hours ago, Odd. said:

Buff was a locker room problem himself. Wheeler has been known to be very selfish and self cantered in the locker room.

Not even close to what we have here.

Unlike DeAngelo, he’s never said anything racist at all. Unlike Bertuzzi/McSorley, he’s never assaulted someone. He’s been proven innocent for his off ice conduct as his baby mother was exposed for making up lies about his gambling of hockey games as well as abuse. 

People have done way more reprehensible $&!# and did not get their contracts terminated. 

The AHL team he was playing for briefly said he’s been an awesome guy, who hadn’t let his obvious NHL ego rub off them and instead has been very humble and fortunate.

We don’t know the exact reason for his breach of contract. We all know how &^@#ing confusing these rules are and restrictions. Do you honestly think after being suspended 20 games, he would just go out and intentionally break the rules? There was probably some sort of miscommunication on his part or some mistake he made. San Jose is trying to get rid of his contract anyway possible because they obviously don’t want him. 

He is not the biggest piece of $&!# in the league. He has his issues, but you guys are just spewing out a bunch random $&!# about him. On the ice, he sticks up for his teammates, he battles hard, he does what is asked of him. He has a strong work ethic, and plays a full 200ft game. 

What he did with that fake passport stuff was obviously stupid. However, his actions haven’t directly affected anyone but himself. He is his own worst enemy, and people like him need guidance. We have the proper facilities and people to get him on the right track. He doesn’t have $&!# in San Jose. 

Some good points about Kane. I’m not either way. I don’t want his character issues to affect some of the young players on our team, but there is no doubt that he has talent and skill that the team could benefit from and use. 

Man, what a crazy thread. Feels like this is a perfect snapshot of the real world. The majority of people make opinions based off the facts available, from multiple different sources and then add a dash of common sense to draw a conclusion.

Then a small pocket just shove carrots in their ears and cry fake news over and over and ignore all facts, while telling other people to prove what every report has already said. I'm sure multiple organization's, team mates, and journalists are wrong. I'm completely convinced some dude sitting on his phone in the bathroom truly has the inside scoop on Kane's personality and life. That's only logical.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

Man, what a crazy thread. Feels like this is a perfect snapshot of the real world. The majority of people make opinions based off the facts available, from multiple different sources and then add a dash of common sense to draw a conclusion.

Then a small pocket just shove carrots in their ears and cry fake news over and over and ignore all facts, while telling other people to prove what every report has already said. I'm sure multiple organization's, team mates, and journalists are wrong. I'm completely convinced some dude sitting on his phone in the bathroom truly has the inside scoop on Kane's personality and life. That's only logical.

I want proof, shows proof, I don’t like that proof so I choose to ignore it. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 3
  • RoughGame 1

22 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Some good points about Kane. I’m not either way. I don’t want his character issues to affect some of the young players on our team, but there is no doubt that he has talent and skill that the team could benefit from and use. 

I guess if we look at this from the other end of the spectrum,.  Where you have a big salary player on your team , who contributed nothing for points,  was a ghost  in games,.  but no off ice issues ..  is it better for the team?

D428F3D4-41A3-4D16-AF45-C26DB7988391.jpeg.9eea2a45a1b0c807965a8cb291f44d1e.jpeg

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I guess if we look at this from the other end of the spectrum,.  Where you have a big salary player on your team , who contributed nothing for points,  was a ghost  in games,.  but no off ice issues ..  is it better for the team?

Neither are good for the team, nice straw man though 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I don't quite understand how this way of looking at things proves much of anything. This is a complietely different scenario compared with Kane and you'd have just as much luck comparing a beer leaguer to a fire hydrant. lol

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I don't quite understand how this way of looking at things proves much of anything. This is a complietely different scenario compared with Kane and you'd have just as much luck comparing a beer leaguer to a fire hydrant. lol

He’s better than Loui, cool, so are 797 NHL players… :lol:

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

He’s better than Loui, cool, so are 797 NHL players… :lol:

Like you said, it's a classic case of a strawman argument. I don't understand what he expects to accomplish by changing the argument to something that's "easier to debate".

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

I’ve never seen agent lie before.  Never. Not once.     
Until I see actual players come out, it’s all bs and hearsay 

If you have this much faith in an agent's word, I have some marshland to sell you....

1 minute ago, Maddogy said:

Considering how Kane violated COVID protocols at least on 2 occasions, any team that signs him will put their players in danger. 

Already when he walks into the room there’s a stigma to him that he’ll screw you in down way.

1 minute ago, Maddogy said:

Considering how Kane violated COVID protocols at least on 2 occasions, any team that signs him will put their players in danger. 

This right here should be a major flag even for people who want Kane here and I genuinely don't understand why people still want him. It's beyond any logical reasoning at this point.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Are you a subscriber to toilet science as well?

Because I want to actually hear it from the players instead of a bunch of he said she said?      How dare I not care about the opinion of writers and fans.   Lol.  
Agents ALWAYS have an agenda, so who cares what they have to say?   

• Haha 1