The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Rem Pitlick

aside from this dude's stat line, i've seen him drive so many plays in Wild games this year. Absolutely would have him on the 2nd line over Highmore, and Highmore displacing Chiasson in the line-up

he is 2nd on the Wild in points per 60 mins played 5-on-5 and is double anyone on the Canucks not named Garland, who he still drastically leads 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 goals on 13 shots probably isn’t sustainable.

Not saying I’d be against a claim, if Canucks scouts and staff feel he’s a fit in this lineup.

Just he’s riding some pretty high percentages, and on a sample of less than 200 minutes played, so he’s probably due for some regression.

Also seeing some comments from Wild fans that he’s been blowing the zone early and not playing consistent defence, so he might need some fine tuning to his game, despite the eye popping per sixty scoring rate. I haven’t seen enough of him to comment either way, but maybe his coaches feel he needs to work on some details and the “little things.”

2 hours ago, suitup said:

Over 0.5 PPG this season  with a 917k cap hit - can someone explain this one?

Wild have to use his salary to get Greenway back into the lineup (Covid protocol).   They just don't have the available salary cap to keep him.  I believe they got him from the Preds via waivers.