The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is your favorite songs? (Discussion)

Rate this topic

J.I.A.H.N

Always loved Lennon's work, & felt he could magically capture the moment, writing tunes his autobiographical way. He would've been such an interesting artist to keep tabs on as he got old.

Have discovered a lot of great old tunes with Utube. We didn't have the bux to buy a gazillion albums back then - one was often at the mercy of the AM/FM playlist.

Yest was listening to "Layla & Assorted Love Songs". My word, the guitar-brilliance of EC & Duane Allman on that album! Before that, heard Hendrix's 15 m live of Voodoo Chile. Society will never produce musicians/tunes again, as it had 5 decades back.

Randomly, albums I like listening to on Utube(tho most got taken down)

Joni Mitchell ..Hejira

Lennon..Plastic Ono Band

Badfinger ..Straight Up

Dave Mason..Alone Together

Ronnie Lane..Anymore For Anymore (or "Rough Cuts", w/Pete Townshend)

Townshend ..Empty Glass

Janis..Pearl

Eddie Boyd & Fleetwood Mac ..7936 South Rhodes

TRex ..Electric Warrior, or "The Slider"

Lastly, maybe the BEST F***ing thing on Utube is a 90 m jam with SRV & Albert King!!! It was recorded late 1983 in Hamilton Ontario. Good Lord it's something.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Depends entirely on my mood: 

Need to get pumped - Billy Idol, Mony Mony (live!)

Need to calm down - Mike Oldfield, Tubular Bells (side one)

General happy mood - Kim Mitchell, Go For A Soda

Otherwise included:  - Guess Who, These Eyes; Trooper, Raise a Little Hell; Thin Lizzy, Boys Are Back in Town; GnR, November Rain; Eagles, The Last Resort

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Father Ryan said:

Depends entirely on my mood: 

Need to get pumped - Billy Idol, Mony Mony (live!)

Need to calm down - Mike Oldfield, Tubular Bells (side one)

General happy mood - Kim Mitchell, Go For A Soda

Otherwise included:  - Guess Who, These Eyes; Trooper, Raise a Little Hell; Thin Lizzy, Boys Are Back in Town; GnR, November Rain; Eagles, The Last Resort

In middle school, my sister drove me to my confirmation class, and we had this blasting right outside the church lol.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, c00kies said:

In middle school, my sister drove me to my confirmation class, and we had this blasting right outside the church lol.

I met most of the band, had several drinks with Tommy (the drummer). Was living in New West at the time (1980-83). They were big time in high school for me

• Cheers 1
4 minutes ago, Father Ryan said:

I met most of the band, had several drinks with Tommy (the drummer). Was living in New West at the time (1980-83). They were big time in high school for me

My first ever concert, at Memorial Arena in Victoria, was Trooper- formerly known as Applejack.

Heck of a show. 

• Cheers 4
1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Always loved Lennon's work, & felt he could magically capture the moment, writing tunes his autobiographical way. He would've been such an interesting artist to keep tabs on as he got old.

Have discovered a lot of great old tunes with Utube. We didn't have the bux to buy a gazillion albums back then - one was often at the mercy of the AM/FM playlist.

Yest was listening to "Layla & Assorted Love Songs". My word, the guitar-brilliance of EC & Duane Allman on that album! Before that, heard Hendrix's 15 m live of Voodoo Chile. Society will never produce musicians/tunes again, as it had 5 decades back.

Randomly, albums I like listening to on Utube(tho most got taken down)

Joni Mitchell ..Hejira

Lennon..Plastic Ono Band

Badfinger ..Straight Up

Dave Mason..Alone Together

Ronnie Lane..Anymore For Anymore (or "Rough Cuts", w/Pete Townshend)

Townshend ..Empty Glass

Janis..Pearl

Eddie Boyd & Fleetwood Mac ..7936 South Rhodes

TRex ..Electric Warrior, or "The Slider"

Lastly, maybe the BEST F***ing thing on Utube is a 90 m jam with SRV & Albert King!!! It was recorded late 1983 in Hamilton Ontario. Good Lord it's something.

Have you ever seen this?

You really have to appreciate the totality of this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in Hamilton no less!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1