The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks name Émilie Castonguay as assistant GM

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Wow, missed a lot I see!   This is fantastic, she seems brilliant and I love that our team is progressive and tapping into fierce females who have so much to offer the organization.  The ol' boys club mentality is being smashed and it's high time for that.  Hiring the best "person" for the job, not the best man for it.

Welcome Emilie!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kylecanuck said:

Really hoping this isn’t a woke moment, and she is actually good at her job. Our history of hiring inexperienced coaches and GMs have done nothing but left us on the outside looking in… 

Did you read her credentials?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

19 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I can't wait for the world to catch up enough that when a female gets hired in a sports job the questions aren't centered around her gender and more around her work in the sport. I don't care she's female, I care if she can do the job. Women belong in sports. If they are passionate about it and have love for it why should it matter they are female?

I guess it really just annoys me that we're still so amazed by females in sports, but sadly it won't be normalized over night. I liked her answers though, she brushes off the significance of her being female. That's good. Cause it's irrelevant. It's why she got here. I dunno her, but I like her. Great, great interview. I really like this hire.

I feel the same way, and also about 'everything'. Where the best person for the job gets the job, full stop. Male, female or white, black, orange, green, blue or purple... none of that makes any difference to an individual's abilities.

If somebody is 'the best person for the job', they are 'the best person for the job'. The end.

From what I hear and read, this is a good person for the job. So welcome aboard!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1