The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday, January 27, 2022 Vancouver Canucks (18-19-5) @ Winnipeg Jets (17-15-7) at 5:00 on SNPTV and SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Just now, MikeyD said:

Can we admit at this time of the season that Podkolzin isn't exactly the forechecking 110% energy 100% of the time beast people claimed he was/is? 

He's been this type of player his entire career. Streaky, can be a beast but often takes nights off, can be dazzling with the pucks or completely invisible. 

We haven't seen him have a great game in a long time now. He's the type of depth guy that'd really come in handy these days. 

With that said, I really hope he makes me eat my words tonight. :)

Ahh, the Shorty-esque double-whammy play^_^

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Can we admit at this time of the season that Podkolzin isn't exactly the forechecking 110% energy 100% of the time beast people claimed he was/is? 

He's been this type of player his entire career. Streaky, can be a beast but often takes nights off, can be dazzling with the pucks or completely invisible. 

We haven't seen him have a great game in a long time now. He's the type of depth guy that'd really come in handy these days. 

With that said, I really hope he makes me eat my words tonight. :)

He's just a rookie, I wasn't expecting him to be a consistent beast overnight, just that he had the potential to be one of those PWF's in the long-run.

He's definitely been in a lul, also bumped down the lineup at times. Agree it would be nice to see him have a spirited game here soon.

• Cheers 1

Intermission talk about Evander Kane... not a word about cap penalty for Sharks... WTF...

So Canucks can just dump OEL, Dickinson or whomever, and say they thought they violated Covid-19 travel rules, and then there will no Cap penalties... 

WTF are we paying for Vitanen playing in Russia for if this is the case...?

• Cheers 2

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

So San Jose terminates Kanes contract based on covid protocol violation. League finds no evidence but another team can just sign him? Wouldn't they force San Jose to pay him? 

because Gary has 7 teams in Canada by the cajones. 

2 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

So San Jose terminates Kanes contract based on covid protocol violation. League finds no evidence but another team can just sign him? Wouldn't they force San Jose to pay him? 

Honestly that's a great point. That's BS that they can do that. There's been so many of those stupid loopholes lately too. 

• Cheers 1