The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks getting calls on Conor Garland

If we end up having to spend picks to get rid of players because PA/JR were too stupid to trade them at the deadline I'm going to be pissed.

Between Garland, Beauvillier, and Boeser we should be able to get at least something back even if it means remaining a small amount of cap. If we don't, management clearly misread the market. This management group will be judged on how they dealt with Miller and Horvat, and whether they're able to get us out of cap hell or put us further into it.

Edited by Diamonds
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, MattWN. said:

I mean, it's pretty obvious whats happening is it not?

We need to shed cap, and trading away players is the preferred method over a buyout.

I don't know why some of you are making it seem like this isn't just common sense, more than a rumour. 

Anyone who thinks players like Garland or Boeser have actual trade value aren't paying enough attention. 

Tim Robinson Yes GIF by The Lonely Island

Edited by PhillipBlunt

18 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I foresee Garland being traded with Boeser, Myers, and Hoglander plus a couple of picks to Boston for McAvoy and Coyle. Sweeney is gonna get desperate in the off-season and Ailvin will strike. 

desperate but not that desperate, McAvoy is one of their best players 

I would do:

To BOS

Boeser

Rathbone

2023 1st

To VAN

Coyle

McAvoy

also garland and Mcdonut are from the BOS area 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

I would do:

To BOS

Boeser

Rathbone

2023 1st

To VAN

Coyle

McAvoy

a Top 4 of Hronek, Hughes, McAvoy, OEL could actually be the best top 4 in the nhl...esp if OEL gets back to how he was in 2021-2022 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

36 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

If we end up having to spend picks to get rid of players because PA/JR were too stupid to trade them at the deadline I'm going to be pissed.

Between Garland, Beauvillier, and Boeser we should be able to get at least something back even if it means remaining a small amount of cap. If we don't, management clearly misread the market. This management group will be judged on how they dealt with Miller and Horvat, and whether they're able to get us out of cap hell or put us further into it.

They tried to trade them at the deadline.  They even gave Boeser's agent permission to seek out a trade since early December.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

They tried to trade them at the deadline.  They even gave Boeser's agent permission to seek out a trade since early December.

They tried, but they insinuated that some deals would have to wait for the summer. 

Buyers market will go from 5-6 teams to 25-26 teams in the summer. Lots more cap space too despite some teams accruing cap space over the season. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I Think You Should Leave Tim Robinson GIF by The Lonely Island

I think you should leave was one of my favourite shows that I stumbled upon last year! 

3 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

I would do:

To BOS

Boeser

Rathbone

2023 1st

To VAN

Coyle

McAvoy

Shiiiiiiet, I'd do two 1sts for that deal. Lol. Literally fixes our 2 biggest needs in one fell swoop. And we lose nothing of value. I love Boeser, but we have wingers like him. 11th overall sounds neat, til you realize not much interesting from what's expected to be available. The other 1st sounds crazy, til you realize we'll be lining up McAvoy and Hughes on the same damn pair with OEL and Hronek running shotgun. F them picks.

But really, they're not moving Charlie Mac for that package, even with another 1st rounder added. It's a half contender move half rebuild move. Why exactly do they want to trade for a 26 year old and futures? Can they replace Charlie Mac from within? Are they gonna blow up the roster? If so, why would they want Boeser? Lol. They can get more for McAvoy alone. Let alone gifting Coyle as well.

4 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

a Top 4 of Hronek, Hughes, McAvoy, OEL could actually be the best top 4 in the nhl...esp if OEL gets back to how he was in 2021-2022 

That top 4 is gonna cost us $32 million once Hronek is extended.  That would easily be the most expensive top 4 D in NHL history...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

I would do:

To BOS

Boeser

Rathbone

2023 1st

To VAN

Coyle

McAvoy

How are we fitting the extra $8 million in salary onto our roster when we have no cap space? 

18 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Boeser and Miller’s contracts for sure. AIlvin can’t escape criticism for those. As well as Mikeyev. Signing Boeser to the number they did was pretty shortsighted. 

Miller's contract is a discount. He could have easily gotten 9 or more on the open market. 

20 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Boeser and Miller’s contracts for sure. AIlvin can’t escape criticism for those. As well as Mikeyev. Signing Boeser to the number they did was pretty shortsighted. 

Mikeyev played up to his contract last year with only one good knee. That was a great signing.

Edited by coryberg
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

I would do:

To BOS

Boeser

Rathbone

2023 1st

To VAN

Coyle

McAvoy

Boston most definitely says no. 

McAvoy is definitely worth so much more. Top 5 in Norris last 2 years and top 10 year before, Probably top 10 again this year. He is a #1 RD at 25 and getting paid like one. 

Other teams would definitely offer much more. 

• Vintage 1

If the Canucks do absolutely nothing this offseason due to cap constraints and not wanting to use sweeteners to move cap, then what does the roster look like next season?

They still need to re-sign Bear and they will need to acquire a 3C somehow. I doubt they will run with Aman as 3C next year but who knows. If I'm not mistaken, then Hoglander and Kravtsov are not waiver exempt next year, so if they need to be assigned to Abbotsford, the Canucks run the risk of losing them on waivers.

As others have suggested, the Canucks could demote a bigger contract player (e.g. Garland, who doesn't have a NMC) to make additional cap room (and I'm sure they won't mind if he's scooped up off waivers), but boy will it be tight. I agree with others who have argued that the best choice for the Canucks may end up being to stand pat and work the cap internally however. They're a year away from a bit more cap flexibility, although we were in the same position the year the Canucks acquired OEL...

13 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

I would do:

To BOS

Boeser

Rathbone

2023 1st

To VAN

Coyle

McAvoy

They would laugh you off the phone.

Boeser is a cap dump, you need to pay somebody to take him.

Rathbone is a B level prospect at best, if he couldn't crack our defence core last year, he sure as f**k isn't making the B's.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I think you should leave was one of my favourite shows that I stumbled upon last year! 

New season (3rd) coming out at the end of this month. It's easily the best new comedy show. SNL f**ked up royally when they let Tim Robinson go.