The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Feb. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

You should change your name to CanuckComplainerforlife82.  I don't think I've seen a positive post from you.

3 games in 4 nights.  4 games in 6 different cities.  Nashville was rested and hadn't played since last week.  Demko was a little off today unfortunately.  Didn't like the 1st and 4th goals.  I still don't like Pettersson with Horvat either.  But tonight I'll give them a pass.  Hard to win on a B2B.  You need to have the lead and not be chasing to really have any chance.  That 1st goal Demko for some reason went cheating to his right.  I didn't even see another Pred player on that side.  A little weird.  Refs were not very good tonight either.  JT Penalty was soft.  Didn't call a few for the Canucks ie Interference on Dickinson, hold on Petey.

Love it when people respond by first throwing an insult. I am not here to pump your tires. I am stating facts. It’s up to you if you want to ignore them. The reality is that trading players is what this team needs to do to improve it in the long run. Most of the team stats are at the bottom of the league that is just fact. Sorry.

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Love it when people respond by first throwing an insult. I am not here to pump your tires. I am stating facts. It’s up to you if you want to ignore them. The reality is that trading players is what this team needs to do to improve it in the long run. Most of the team stats are at the bottom of the league that is just fact. Sorry.

I like how you ignore that the Canucks went 8-0-1 at the beginning of BB's tenure and state that they're playing .500.  That's not facts.  That's cherry picking to suit a narrative.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Is it the mix of players that aren't right?

Are we too small?

Not physical enough?

I really don't know. All I can say there's seems to be a big gap between that Canucks and playoff teams.

In some ways that 8-0-1 run really gave the fanbase a false hope. We are still a long way off from making the playoffs. The management knows it and will make trades. They can’t afford to lose assets for nothing. I agree there is a big gap. They are still playing hard but we can’t hold onto a team because it plays hard.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Viper007 said:

I like how you ignore that the Canucks went 8-0-1 at the beginning of BB's tenure and state that they're playing .500.  That's not facts.  That's cherry picking to suit a narrative.

It’s called a coaching bump but whatever I guess you love they way they are built and that they play hard and feel they are very close to making the playoffs and are close to Tampa, Florida and Colorado. Give your head a shake. That’s where this organization wants to strive to be. They don’t want to just make the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, whcanuck said:

I’m really getting tired of all the excuses made for EP. You’re paid a lot of money to make an impact, especially on the scoresheet. The guys on Canucks SN650 saying it’s not his fault he makes $7 million. Ok, so he & his agent didn’t push for it because that’s not what he thinks he’s worth? Get serious. This is big boy hockey, want to be paid like an elite player? How about performing like someone who remotely resembles one! I think a lot of Canucks fans agree that Allvin should consider moving him if it’s a great return

Edited by sxqhfeh

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

In some ways that 8-0-1 run really gave the fanbase a false hope. We are still a long way off from making the playoffs. The management knows it and will make trades. They can’t afford to lose assets for nothing. I agree there is a big gap. They are still playing hard but we can’t hold onto a team because it plays hard.

The fact that they actually did it gives us some hope.  Even getting a nice 4 game winning streak will help, which for sure they can do.  But the fact that they have done it this season under this coach is encouraging.  I don't even look at the full season stats anymore.  I really just look at the stats since Boudreau took over.  That is more of an indication of what this team is IMO.

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s called a coaching bump but whatever I guess you love they way they are built and that they play hard and feel they are very close to making the playoffs and are close to Tampa, Florida and Colorado. Give your head a shake. That’s where this organization wants to strive to be. They don’t want to just make the playoffs. 

8-0-1 is not a coaching bump only.  Maybe the first couple games.  I didn't see Winnipeg, or Philly do that.  They had a coaching change.  Where is their "bump"?

6 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

The fact that they actually did it gives us some hope.  Even getting a nice 4 game winning streak will help, which for sure they can do.  But the fact that they have done it this season under this coach is encouraging.  I don't even look at the full season stats anymore.  I really just look at the stats since Boudreau took over.  That is more of an indication of what this team is IMO.

Their offense is still bad under Boudreau. Their pk is still bad under Boudreau. Their pp is still bad under Boudreau. Their offense from defense is still bad under Boudreau. The personnel is not what it needs to be. I think Boudreau is awesome and I love what he has done but even he stated the goal the other day from Schenn was the first by a dman. He’s been here over 20 games! Take those rose coloured glasses off. Imagine what Boudreau could

do with an amazing offense. How a team wins should matter to you and yes everyone knows about a coaching bump. Just becuase a couple of teams haven’t experienced that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Are the canucks a contender?  Of course not.  Nobody said they were.  Nobody should be expecting them to be that.  Can they make the playoffs?  I believe they can.  But they'll need some help.

Bo Horvat had a pretty bad game today. 

He lost puck battle after puck battle. 

Also Jason King should be relieved of his duties. It's nice that they let him stick around but there's no excuse for having that piss poor setup on the PP. 

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Is it the mix of players that aren't right?

Are we too small?

Not physical enough?

I really don't know. All I can say there's seems to be a big gap between that Canucks and playoff teams.

Issues this year?

Lack of significant secondary scoring due to mainly lack of scoring out of the defenseman and secondly the bottom 6(who've been good defensively). 

Top 6 is relied on heavily for offense and hasn't been consistent enough. Off-years from Boeser/Petey have been critical. Miller/Hughes by themselves a lot of nights. Garland helps but isn't a top forward/player.

When goal scoring is an issue in games it puts pressure on the goaltending to be spectacular. Good teams can score on good goalies more than often.

Lack of physicality is an aspect we're missing more of. We have some guys there that bring that big physical presence but could use more to help them out. 

We have some other issues more glaring moving forward but those are the big ones this year. 

3 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Are the canucks a contender?  Of course not.  Nobody said they were.  Nobody should be expecting them to be that.  Can they make the playoffs?  I believe they can.  But they'll need some help.

Why do you want them to make the playoffs so bad? If they keep all their players they are so far against the cap they can’t sign anyone in the off-season. They have to make trades. They need to free up money in their backend. It’s obvious that the team isn’t good enough yet you think it’s important to make the playoffs. Aren’t you tired of seeing them struggle to even get there and they have failed the last 7/8 years. I think everyone wants to see a contender. Anything less isn’t worth it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Viper007 said:

Thing is no one in our division is a huge threat. Maybe Vegas, but there window has closed not close to what they were. Point is make the playoffs and healthy, getting to the conference final has never been "easier" then this year. However once you get to the west finals, bring the tissues. 

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

There offense is still bad under Boudreau. There pk is still bad under Boudreau. There pp is still bad under Boudreau. There offense from defense is still bad under Boudreau. The personnel is not what it needs to be. I think Boudreau is awesome and I love what he has done but even he stated the goal the other day from Schenn was the first by a dman. He’s been here over 20 games! Take those rose coloured glasses off. Imagine what Boudreau could

do with an amazing offense.

Hard to gain traction when you don't have a full healthy lineup game in and game out.  Getting COVID really hurt this team again.  Having the players miss games that they don't need to miss because of border restrictions was costly.  Now their timing is off and it will take a few games to get going again.   I don't like the line combos at the moment.  I think BB needs to go back to having Miller/Pettersson/Horvat as centres.  The Bo/Pettersson line has not done enough to stay together.  The PK has definitely been better under Boudreau.  Only one bad stretch against the best teams where alot of PP goals against were being scored.  The PP has been very inconsistent.  I don't have rose coloured glasses.  I see the games just fine.  I make my critiques also.  But I would rather be a positive person and look at the good they've done recently than be a downer and complain everytime they lose (and some people even when they win).

15 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

Looks like our goalies need to put up a .940 save % for us to win games.

We just need to match the other goalie.  Can’t stop pucks at .840 and expect to win when the opponent’s goalie is playing at .940

Demko is our most important player.  Any player can have a crap game and we can still win, except for him.  

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It looks like a couple of guys that are fans favourites going to get moved here. JR and co want to free up some space.

• Vintage 1