The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Justin Dowling, Brad Malone

12 hours ago, combover said:

what a mistake it was keeping him over the young guys Jb threw away. 

Where are these young guys jb threw away? All I could find was...

-Zac Mac... 44 games 1 goal 4 points -10

-Jo Gaj....... 25 games 0 goals 2 points -7

Absolute plugs. Certainly not worth crying about.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

7 hours ago, coryberg said:

Yeah because dowel Chiasson have no upside. Doweling clears waivers those “plugs “ didn’t what’s that say about the garbage he kept. 

So yeah he threw those YOUNG developing players away. 
Both had size and grit guess what none of the old  turds he kept have guess what we need. 
size and grit. 

lol thinking doweling Chiasson aren’t the worthless plugs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I still am disappointed Benning and group never kept one of Gadjovich 23, 6'2, 210 or MacEwen 25, 6'3, 205..

We miss big power forward who can drop gloves and protect teammates if need be..

Big Schenn 6'2, 220 does a great job..Really like how Schenn looks after his teammates..

Gadjovich is looking after his Shark teammates..

• Vintage 2

23 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I still am disappointed Benning and group never kept one of Gadjovich 23, 6'2, 210 or MacEwen 25, 6'3, 205..

We miss big power forward who can drop gloves and protect teammates if need be..

Big Schenn 6'2, 220 does a great job..Really like how Schenn looks after his teammates..

Gadjovich is looking after his Shark teammates..

Yeah I liked both those guys, they have size, youth, grit/toughness but we go with guys like Chiasson, Dowling to replace them doesn't make much sense. Chiasson gives you some experience and net presence but a young guy with upside like Gads is making league minimum what's the risk in keeping him?? They should have known he would be claimed. Mac was a tone setter too. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, combover said:

Yeah because dowel Chiasson have no upside. Doweling clears waivers those “plugs “ didn’t what’s that say about the garbage he kept. 

Both had size and grit guess what none of the old  turds he kept have guess what we need. 
size and grit. 

I agree and ever team have toughness and grit..We are not saying Gadjovich Or MacEwen are game changers but they make room for the more skilled players and other teams can't have guys running around taking cheap shots on our skilled players...

You don't want Miller, Horvat, fighting... Islander and most teams have a couple guys like Gadjovich..

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, combover said:

size and grit. 

Who's Doweling?? I hope your hockey knowledge is not as bad as your spelling. :emot-parrot: 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, coryberg said:

He gave up Future Considerations and never bothered recouping those. We'll pay for that mistake this year. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, combover said:

size and grit. 

Chiasson : 39gp  5-4=9 and -3

Dowling 22gp 2-2=4 and -3

not saying they are great players but it is double the production of zac and Gaj. If that is a 'worthless plug'  then the other two are worse than that.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, coryberg said:

And yet both still bring more to a lineup than a useless bum like Chiasson, who got gifted and unearned roster spot.  There are other ways players can help a team besides offensively.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, dm_ranger said:

Chiasson : 39gp  5-4=9 and -3

Dowling 22gp 2-2=4 and -3

not saying they are great players but it is double the production of zac and Gaj. If that is a 'worthless plug'  then the other two are worse than that.

The more veteran players were (probably?) kept because they were veteran players, and veterans (supposedly) bring more to the table than rookies. We've seen what has become of the team's now former prospects, and they haven't shone all that brightly in their new circumstances. Have the veteran replacements really been all that much better for what they should be able to do for the team? I doubt any believe that they would provide much/any offense, but rather that they would be reliable defensive players, who would chip in a few points, and also provide a bit of physicality when needed. It would seem that they were (somewhat) successful in chipping in a few points, but their success with everything else is questionable.

Numbers aren't the real issue here, it's the loss of potential in letting go of Gadjovich and MacEwen. *Maybe* they turn out to be something more than what they were while they were here under the former system... or maybe they won't. Maybe they would have shown a bit more under the new coach and systems. I suspect that they would have brought a bit more energy to the building. It's not like they would cost any more than the guys who were kept, yes? And if the new coach/management decided that they weren't needed here, then they could be waived, and everyone could get on with their lives.  :)

regards,  G.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

And yet both still bring more to a lineup than a useless bum like Chiasson, who got gifted and unearned roster spot.  There are other ways players can help a team besides offensively.

True, but two wrongs don't make a right.  These are the times that just make me appreciate Burrows so much more.  It just seems odd to me that these fringe guys aren't out there doing everything they can do take and keep a job.  Zac Mac was in my opinion, but he just wasn't good enough in all areas.

Anyway, how long is too long to have a player hang around and not show signs of an up-curve?  In the big leagues you have to move on quickly......although I'm glad they gave the Sedins more rope :)

4 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

True, but two wrongs don't make a right.  These are the times that just make me appreciate Burrows so much more.  It just seems odd to me that these fringe guys aren't out there doing everything they can do take and keep a job.  Zac Mac was in my opinion, but he just wasn't good enough in all areas.

Anyway, how long is too long to have a player hang around and not show signs of an up-curve?  In the big leagues you have to move on quickly......although I'm glad they gave the Sedins more rope :)

Gadjovich was improving pretty consistently and has a history of needing a year at a given level before he gets acclimated.  Since he's already an upgrade over a bum like Chiasson, it seems like a no brainer.  Sadly our training camp was run by an unqualified clown who specialized in destroying the confidence of his players and gifting unearned ice time to his pet plugs.

It will take a couple of years to undo the damage Green did to this organization.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Gadjovich was improving pretty consistently and has a history of needing a year at a given level before he gets acclimated.  Since he's already an upgrade over a bum like Chiasson, it seems like a no brainer.  Sadly our training camp was run by an unqualified clown who specialized in destroying the confidence of his players and gifting unearned ice time to his pet plugs.

It will take a couple of years to undo the damage Green did to this organization.

Gadjovich doesn’t push the needle at all. This post is dramatic af. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1