[Proposal] Miller... again... but not to NYR

HKSR

To CAR:

Miller

To VAN:

Necas

Kotkaniemi

1st

Carolina adds some major scoring depth to their Stanley Cup efforts with the top forward available this TDL.

Vancouver gets up and coming forward Martin Necas to play with Petey and Podz.

Kotkaniemi could probably be re-signed for less than his QO, and if he decides to play hard ball, the Canucks can take him to arbitration.  He's still very young and has good potential.  Could be a very good 3C moving forward.

And of course, the obligatory 1st round pick.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

To CAR:

Miller

To VAN:

Necas

Kotkaniemi

1st

Carolina adds some major scoring depth to their Stanley Cup efforts with the top forward available this TDL.

Kotkaniemi could probably be re-signed for less than his QO, and if he decides to play hard ball, the Canucks can take him to arbitration.  He's still very young and has good potential.  Could be a very good 3C moving forward.

I'd take that for sure.  Love Necas.  Love a 1st.  Love a 3rd line C.  LOoooooove watching Miller kick the Rags out of the playoffs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, HKSR said:

To CAR:

Miller

To VAN:

Necas

Kotkaniemi

1st

Problem is that it's $5.25MM out and $7MM in and Canucks have zero cap space.  Otherwise a decent proposal.

Cheers.

Im curious from a CAR perspective.  It’s a lot of futures to give up, but then again I can also see Miller being a really good fit long term after his contract is up.  

I think Kokt and the 1st are def moveable if it can land them a player like Miller/championship, but for people who know the CAR market well, what’s the evaluation on Necas?  How does he compare to Miller long term?  Based on the proposal he’s probably the center piece?

Necas is an interesting thought?

He's big 6'3'' and he's fast; I believe an example of excellent deployment by Carolina.  16.5 minutes a night. He plays top line RW 5 on 5 & 2C.  But more O'zone than D with 55% of his starts in the offensive zone.  But he's not used on the PP much, take key draws nor on the PK. Somewhat sheltered, and not a ''any situation'' guy?

Miller looks an upgrade, but I would think they are more likely to move Jarvis.  End of the day if Necas, established and at 6'3'' is offered in that package I am probably in!

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

To CAR:

Miller

To VAN:

Necas

Kotkaniemi

1st

I like the deal but we have too much money coming back... We must try and get young RD under 25 and Schneider is top of list...

We would then have to move Boeser if we made trade with Carolina..

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I like the deal but we have too much money coming back... We must try and get young RD under 25 and Schneider is top of list...

We would then have to move Boeser if we made trade with Carolina..

Which would be fine as Necas could fill that void. 

Necas 23, RFA this summer, will demand 3 YRS X 4.4 million -- would have to move a winger to get younger RD man under 25..

Kotkaniemi  RFA woill also have to be signed off his ridiculous deal...

So this deal with Carolina isn't what Vancouver needs.. We have Wingers but lack good young RD man under 25..

Have to work with Rangers,  Schneider 20, 6'2, 205 RD is top od list...

• Upvote 1

Just now, wildcam said:

Necas 23, RFA this summer, will demand 3 YRS X 4.4 million -- would have to move a winger to get younger RD man under 25..

Kotkaniemi  RFA woill also have to be signed off his ridiculous deal...

So this deal with Carolina isn't what Vancouver needs.. We have Wingers but lack good young RD man under 25..

Have to work with Rangers,  Schneider 20, 6'2, 205 RD is top od list...

Kotkaniemi won't get as much as you think.  He's not in a position of power for negotiations.  He's an RFA through and through for awhile. 

Boeser can be flipped to LA for Brock Faber and a 2nd.  There's that stay-at-home RHD that Hughes needs, and we've cleared enough cap for Necas and Kotkaniemi.

I don’t see why Carolina would make this deal.  They’re near the top of the league in goals for/game and goal differential.  They’re pretty much the class of the league. They’re also very solid down the middle.  It doesn’t make sense for them to sell the farm for Miller 

8 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I don’t see why Carolina would make this deal.  They’re near the top of the league in goals for/game and goal differential.  They’re pretty much the class of the league. They’re also very solid down the middle.  It doesn’t make sense for them to sell the farm for Miller 

They're not though... I doubt they think THAT highly of Kotkaniemi... I'm pretty certain they did that just as retaliation against Montreal. 

Necas is the main piece, Kotkaniemi is equivalent to a Chytil, and a 1st is a low one. 

If any contender could add Miller to their lineup, I'm sure they would love it if the price isn't extreme.  This package barely even makes a dent in what Carolina has to work with.

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Kotkaniemi won't get as much as you think.  He's not in a position of power for negotiations.  He's an RFA through and through for awhile. 

Boeser can be flipped to LA for Brock Faber and a 2nd.  There's that stay-at-home RHD that Hughes needs, and we've cleared enough cap for Necas and Kotkaniemi.

I would make trade with LA  for  Brandt Clark 19, 6'2 ,RD, 195 over  Faber 20, 6'0 ,195

Clark RD. 6'2 -- 3rd rounder 2022

Boeser

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

I would make trade with LA  for  Brandt Clark 19, 6'2 ,RD, 195 over  Faber 20, 6'0 ,195

Clark RD. 6'2 -- 3rd rounder 2022

Boeser

Yeah, if you can get Clarke for Boeser, that's even better.  I just don't think LA would do it.  Faber is probably more realistic.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

They're not though... I doubt they think THAT highly of Kotkaniemi... I'm pretty certain they did that just as retaliation against Montreal. 

Necas is the main piece, Kotkaniemi is equivalent to a Chytil, and a 1st is a low one. 

If any contender could add Miller to their lineup, I'm sure they would love it if the price isn't extreme.  This package barely even makes a dent in what Carolina has to work with.

But again. It’s a deal they do t need to make at all.  You’re asking “must have” prices from a team that doesn’t really need him 

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Yeah, if you can get Clarke for Boeser, that's even better.  I just don't think LA would do it.  Faber is probably more realistic.

I just really really like Schneider and Clark. size, grit both RD and so young..Both future #2 or # 3 D man for 10 years ..

2 hours ago, singing chef said:

Problem is that it's $5.25MM out and $7MM in and Canucks have zero cap space.  Otherwise a decent proposal.

Cheers.

There's an extra player coming back though, so could be squeezed in. We have about $375k in LTIR space, plus waive Dickinson and Hunt for remainder of the season = $2.3m in cap space.