The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Feb. 17, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

I'm not a fan of stripping captaincy. I'd rather move the player otherwise it may create an awkward/toxic environment.

Yeah, lets not even go there! Horvat's contribution is solid, I would just like him to play with a little more emotion, and not let that $hit go!

Remember when we talked about team toughness, well it means you swarm the guy that does that......don't throw a punch, but push him around, with Miller pushing too!

Team toughness is not about fighting............its about answering as a group!

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

Just now, MrCanuck94 said:

Haha I thought that was indirectly directed at me, didn't realize there was a strip Bo of the C thing happening on CDC. My bad!

Nah, you're good. 

It's a bit of a thing, and it irritates the hell out of me. I'm all for people having Miller as their favourite, and I understand why people like him, but Bo is our captain and he's doing just fine. 

You don't need a letter to be a leader, I wish people would wrap their heads around that. 

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, Roberts said:

i feel like the canucks are a few key pieces away from being a really good team. i really hope they can make a few trades fairly soon.

I don't want them to make trades because while I agree they seem to be missing something on the front end (which still looking at that roster I don't quite understand), how will any trade improve this team at all?  Any big trade made right now will make this team objectively worse for the next 5 years.  I'm just hoping if there are trades they're small ones.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Like whats Horvat’s supposed to do, a windmill 360 flying superman punch Meier while he hovers above the scrum in the air smacking everyone senseless…….. just cause he’s captain Lol

Hahaha yup. Off topic but similar I remember one play where someone was like “flippin Myers”. He wasn’t even on the ice lol.

Once somethings in a persons head they see what they want to see whether it’s realistic or not 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Rindiculous said:

I don't want them to make trades because while I agree they seem to be missing something on the front end (which still looking at that roster I don't quite understand), how will any trade improve this team at all?  Any big trade made right now will make this team objectively worse for the next 5 years.  I'm just hoping if there are trades they're small ones.

If anything move Halak and Dickinson without adding anyone that isn’t expiring this off season and evaluate from there. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I mean dude Horvat was behind the play, and Burns who’s a miniature Chewbacca was tagging him. Surely you can’t expect Horvat to  superman jump the entire scrum while Miller’s already into it.

Horvat sticks up for guys all the time. 

To be fair, I feel like I've seen Bo not stick up for guys more times than I have seen him do it. But that's not his fault, it's just not his game.

I guess when Bo was developing, I really thought he would be the Iginla/Kesler/Brind'Amour type emotional leader and wear his heart on his sleeve.

Doesn't mean he's not a good captain and not a solid second line center!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1