The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

11 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Hmmmm that's different though... In job interviews, it's mostly one sided where you get multiple rounds of grilling on your skillset and fit... 

Yeah for sure. In hockey the players have a lot more power and leverage. It would be nice for us regular folks. lol

If you're Lindros you just tell the company they just hired you. :lol:

4 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

You think so eh? Just out of curiosity, why do you think so? Is it his because of his production (or lack thereof) relative to what he's expected to make on his next contract, or because the Oil simply can't afford him?

He's definitely an interesting case, but I'm a big believer in him. He looks big and awkward out there, but so did Nichushkin for a long time. I have this fantasy that we'll offer sheet him this summer...

Yeah, he may not ever show at a 4th overall level, but, at 23yrs he had a +.55 pts a game record.  Now that he's up for

a new contract, I doubt it will be for more than $3-3.5m; same thing for Yamamato and $2-2.5m for McLeod.  The

biggest concern is that Koskinan is a UFA.  So they're looking at +10M to sign the RFAs + Koski.

7 UFAs who will not be re-signed.

They only have $7m cap space (which includes Klefbom's salary), so there's no $ to upgrade the goalie mess.

They might buy out Smith and Kassian (if they can) and utilize the $ to upgrade the goal tending, but they sill

won't be able to sign all the RFAs.

I don't know what their prospect situation is like, but if they can't squeeze a couple of ELC in the lineup, they

will be in big trouble putting together a complete team.

Perhaps I'm missing something?

2 hours ago, mll said:

Seattle had the worse goalie tandem in the league when accounting for environment per CSA - Grubauer and Driedger both finished in the bottom-3.

so, perfect for Edmonton then?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Holy that would be incredible. Looks more like a 30-40 point guy to me. I'm not that excited about his trajectory. This is the only year he scored more than 37 points ... in Russia. He does seem like a goal scorer though. 13,12,14,18,20, in the last 5 years. I'd be pretty ecstatic with a 15-15 year to be honest.

Of course I don't know much anyone else doesn't. Kaprizov only had 5 more points in his last year but way better goal totals. Kuzmenko has decent size too but who knows if he can play a bottom 6 role if need be. Doubtful. Mostly like @VegasCanuck I find most of the Russian players flame out despite similar hype every year.

Yup, exactly what I was saying. Not many mid career guys come over and make a splash.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, JM_ said:

so, perfect for Edmonton then?

I wouldn't want to see the Soilers end up with Grubauer.  He's actually a really good goalie playing for a really

awful team.  No, they just need to keep on, keep on with Smithy.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I wouldn't want to see the Soilers end up with Grubauer.  He's actually a really good goalie playing for a really

I heard he thinks he can play until 50.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

All this anticipation, watch him be terrible :lol:

This is a very real possibility.

He's never been a part of the North American game.

The NHL a totally different animal.

But hey, a high offence player with a lot of experience on an ELC. Low risk, high reward.

I'll take it.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Friedman on the Donnie and Dhali show this morning.

The Canucks are that team that’s always in it, but actually never winning it. 

This time Kuzmenko. I don’t think he signs with us to be honest. 

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

This is a very real possibility.

He's never been a part of the North American game.

The NHL a totally different animal.

But hey, a high offence player with a lot of experience on an ELC. Low risk, high reward.

I'll take it.

Yeah. I’m not expecting much either. But a free asset who could become something is better than no asset becoming nothing. LOL 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I was thinking more like Dreidger for Yamamoto, something like that. 

14 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I dont think Grubaur is that good. He looked good behind the Avalanche defense. I thought he was the perfect case of a guy that would always struggle leaving that team. I dont think he is as bad as last year showed because Seattle was awful but I don't think he would help the Oilers much. He's probably about as good as Smith. 

Oilers should be trading draft picks for a higher end goalie. 

LOL.... I'd be soooooo mad if I hear "we are still very much in it" by end of next week....

It's beyond amusing now that we have been given hope for the last few weeks..... hope that Kuzmenko turns out to be the next Pavel Bure... or something like that!! 

10 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

LOL.... I'd be soooooo mad if I hear "we are still very much in it" by end of next week....

It's beyond amusing now that we have been given hope for the last few weeks..... hope that Kuzmenko turns out to be the next Pavel Bure... or something like that!! 

Some people are just eternally optimistic. Hard to believe they are Canucks fans. 

He is a free prospect for someone, hopefully us. Whether he is good enough for us or Abbotsford, not sure, but will happily take a free prospect and whatever comes out if it is just gravy. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Yeah, he may not ever show at a 4th overall level, but, at 23yrs he had a +.55 pts a game record.  Now that he's up for

a new contract, I doubt it will be for more than $3-3.5m; same thing for Yamamato and $2-2.5m for McLeod.  The

biggest concern is that Koskinan is a UFA.  So they're looking at +10M to sign the RFAs + Koski.

7 UFAs who will not be re-signed.

They only have $7m cap space (which includes Klefbom's salary), so there's no $ to upgrade the goalie mess.

They might buy out Smith and Kassian (if they can) and utilize the $ to upgrade the goal tending, but they sill

won't be able to sign all the RFAs.

I don't know what their prospect situation is like, but if they can't squeeze a couple of ELC in the lineup, they

will be in big trouble putting together a complete team.

Perhaps I'm missing something?

It doesn't matter. They will use kosks money to re up Kane to big money. Only prospects they got are all centers lol

10 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

It doesn't matter. They will use kosks money to re up Kane to big money. Only prospects they got are all centers lol

Do you think that will be enough to re-sign Kane?