The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Krutov loved his hotdogs.  May he RIP...

Didn't know Krotov was dead.  He seemed like a decent guy.  I remember my wife saying she thought his puffy cheeks were cute.  Kind of like how Bruce Boudreau's cheeks are now!  

• Huggy Bear 1

11 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Kuzmenko would be a hell of an addition. Highly skilled and absolutely has star potential in the NHL. 

This is from a couple years back, but check out the goals and cellies from this kid:

He’s only a better, stronger, and more consistent player now, than the one seen in the above vid.

Just turned 26 with several years left of his prime. 

And basically no risk, since he has to take an ELC, and can’t command big bucks until his second NHL deal.

No wonder every team wants him.

Hopefully Allvin’s much hyped European hockey connections come through and someone we separate ourselves from the pack and convince Kuzmenko to become a Canuck.

Great skater!

already has a N/American agent,. knows/ has played with Podz .  Definitely worth the enquiry.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

3 hours ago, stawns said:

and that's fine by me, I just wonder if they'll make one last attempt

there wont be an attempt.. it would require tryamkin to pay out of his own pocke to buy out his contract in russia which would cost him roughly 1mil.. the canucks would literlaly have to pay him 2mil in signing bonus just to pay out what it would cost tryamkin to buy himself out in the KHL and then it would cost another 2mil just to make it equivalent to what he makes in the KHL after tax.. so you are looking at 4mil for 1 season just to get him here.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 2

38 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We got Try's rights this year wonder if they could sign him for the rest of the season. His team ended their season a couple weeks ago. Eliminated from the playoffs. 1M.

His new KHL season doesn't start till September I think. 

Perhaps get Milstein as an agent too.

Things got lost durring Bennings tenure,. shame not to blame others as well ;) 

• Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

there wont be an attempt.. it would require tryamkin to pay out of his own pocke to buy out his contract in russia which would cost him roughly 1mil.. the canucks would literlaly have to pay him 2mil in signing bonus just to pay out what it would cost tryamkin to buy himself out in the KHL and then it would cost another 2mil just to make it equivalent to what he makes in the KHL after tax.. so you are looking at 4mil for 1 season just to get him here.

That’s not true.

he is playing for 1 m usd in the KHL..

a buy out , it agreed can be a fraction of that cost you mentioned, and could be offset in a contract here as a “signing bonus”.

His season is over, he has 1 year left on his contract.… 

and he fortune of Russia and it’s economy is presently threatened by Putin pointing guns right now.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

That’s not true.

he is playing for 1 m usd in the KHL..

a buy out , it agreed can be a fraction of that cost you mentioned, and could be offset in a contract here as a “signing bonus”.

His season is over, he has 1 year left on his contract.… 

and he fortune of Russia and it’s economy is presently threatened by Putin pointing guns right now.

teams can buy out their player.. rarely player have a buy out clause in their contract for a fraction of the price. 1mil usd in the KHL is = 2mil in vancouver.. and signing bonus counts against the cap. even if it cost 50% to buy himself out.. ya i doubt the canucks want a 3rd pairing defenseman for 3mil. if all the russian players is so worried about russia economy then all the KHL player would have bolted already

4 minutes ago, appleboy said:

He is a 26 year old who is having a good year in the KHL.

Please read that a few more time.

This dose not mean he is an NHL star in the making.

It's not a bad sign that he can excel in the KHL, but yes it's also not a guarantee he'll be all-star. An asset that cost nothing in return, and could be high reward at that. Wouldn't be a bad signing; though if he decides to come to the NHL, the Canucks will have a few competitors to sign him. Having Podkolzin here, and him being given a real opportunity may boost Vancouver's chances slightly (as well as Klimovich sharing an agent, as he unexpectedly got to stay pro this year).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

teams can buy out their player.. rarely player have a buy out clause in their contract for a fraction of the price. 1mil usd in the KHL is = 2mil in vancouver.. and signing bonus counts against the cap. even if it cost 50% to buy himself out.. ya i doubt the canucks want a 3rd pairing defenseman for 3mil. if all the russian players is so worried about russia economy then all the KHL player would have bolted already

Where would other players bolt to if they didn’t have an opportunity.

Tryamkin still has an opportunity waiting here if he wants it.

Team and or Player can negotiate termination of contract after every season in the KHL.

Your speculating and spitballing figures.

( sorry for the screenshots.. the link to the KHL agreement would not upload for me)

A40B9D13-FB27-4666-B7D6-BD9AB365A7F4.png

5B6FE67F-E36B-4705-BA0F-2A64A3033B67.png

DD4F900A-6622-44CE-9535-CAE577C3E028.png

4E775853-B982-4146-90F5-F3AC8E1F2BB9.png

695BC7C6-14C5-4B60-B47E-7E894A9B0F6B.png

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Where would other players bolt to if they didn’t have an opportunity.

Tryamkin still has an opportunity waiting here if he wants it.

Team and or Player can negotiate termination of contract after every season in the KHL.

Your speculating and spitballing figures.

( sorry for the screenshots.. the link to the KHL agreement would not upload for me)

A40B9D13-FB27-4666-B7D6-BD9AB365A7F4.png

5B6FE67F-E36B-4705-BA0F-2A64A3033B67.png

DD4F900A-6622-44CE-9535-CAE577C3E028.png

4E775853-B982-4146-90F5-F3AC8E1F2BB9.png

695BC7C6-14C5-4B60-B47E-7E894A9B0F6B.png

Just stop! It's not healthy. Take up knitting or something.

• Upvote 1