The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Allvin gonna sign Kuzmenko and then get Nichushkin as a UFA.  He will also sign Zadorov as a UFA.  Then Tryamkin ( mentioned for @Warhippy) will gladly join us as well.

Allvin is also gonna trade Miller for Schneider, Kravtsov and a 1st.

The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming...   :frantic:

I like it !

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Where would other players bolt to if they didn’t have an opportunity.

Tryamkin still has an opportunity waiting here if he wants it.

Team and or Player can negotiate termination of contract after every season in the KHL.

Your speculating and spitballing figures.

( sorry for the screenshots.. the link to the KHL agreement would not upload for me

not sure how it's spitballing figures 1mil usd in khl = 2mil usd in vancouver that's fact. the KHL club ain't going to terminate and release tryamkin for free.. why would they? let's just say they work out a number in the middle between between having to pay 2/3 or 1/3 of his remaining salary which is around 50% the canucks would have to pay him 1mil in signing bonus just to cover that not including expense to move his family over to north america again. if he didn't have a khl contract maybe 2mil would be good enough but it's fact he has to buy out his contract.. and also it's fact that he knowingly signed a 2 year contract instead of a 1 year contract that would take him all the way out of vancouver's property. if he's interested in playing for vancouver at all why did he sign a 2 year instead of 1 year contract?

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

not sure how it's spitballing figures 1mil usd in khl = 2mil usd in vancouver that's fact. the KHL club ain't going to terminate and release tryamkin for free.. why would they? let's just say they work out a number in the middle between between having to pay 2/3 or 1/3 of his remaining salary which is around 50% the canucks would have to pay him 1mil in signing bonus just to cover that not including expense to move his family over to north america again. if he didn't have a khl contract maybe 2mil would be good enough but it's fact he has to buy out his contract.. and also it's fact that he knowingly signed a 2 year contract instead of a 1 year contract that would take him all the way out of vancouver's property. if he's interested in playing for vancouver at all why did he sign a 2 year instead of 1 year contract?

IF economic sanctions are placed on Russia by NATO .

Hockey may possibly crash and burn in Russia next season.

balance that spreadsheet 

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Allvin gonna sign Kuzmenko and then get Nichushkin as a UFA.  He will also sign Zadorov as a UFA.  Then Tryamkin ( mentioned for @Warhippy) will gladly join us as well.

Allvin is also gonna trade Miller for Schneider, Kravtsov and a 1st.

The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming...   :frantic:

lrenXX.gif.d28c212d03f32988fa73ad760c039bd8.gif

• Cheers 1

Vadim shipachyov should come over with him if his contract is up he leads the KHL in points with 67,Kuzmenko  is second. Shipachyov is a old man (34) but he plays center.

let’s form the kuzmenko shipachyov Podkolzin line.

bure mogilny fedorov lite. 

7 hours ago, stawns said:

same with lots of cnadians, swedes, fins, martians etc etc

*eye roll* obviously i was referring to the fact that success in the khl rarely equals success that will translate equally or better in the nhl. 

Like i said, i dont know if its culture shock or whatnot. Isnt the list of top khl players riddled with guys that couldnt cut it in the nhl?

This guy is in his mid 20s. Obviously rutherford and co know more than i do, but im skeptical whether or not he would be worth the contract slot. 

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

IF economic sanctions are placed on Russia by NATO .

Hockey may possibly crash and burn in Russia next season.

balance that spreadsheet 

Actually a very interesting scenario to consider.

The socio-political aspect of a potential war with Ukraine/NATO couples with the knowledge that the 28 and under males in Russia will be automatically drafted would be a significant motivator for players looking to get out.

This is without the US threats of a moratorium on Russian visas and travel 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Actually a very interesting scenario to consider.

The socio-political aspect of a potential war with Ukraine/NATO couples with the knowledge that the 28 and under males in Russia will be automatically drafted would be a significant motivator for players looking to get out.

This is without the US threats of a moratorium on Russian visas and travel 

.. although I highly doubt an actually combat war lasts very long.. Sanctions could be in place for a long time. Not only to potentially ruin Putin, but to have his own people turn on him and establish new leadership there.

Oligarchs that feed Putin and support him, are pin pointed in those sanctions.

It their corporations, companies, and Families that are targeted first.

Russias “world” may become very small over night.

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

.. although I highly doubt an actually combat war lasts very long.. Sanctions could be in place for a long time. Not only to potentially ruin Putin, but to have his own people turn on him and establish new leadership there.

Oligarchs that feed Putin and support him, are pin pointed in those sanctions.

It their corporations, companies, and Families that are targeted first.

Russias “world” may become very small over night.

I guess the Russian players could come hear and live under our dictator. LOL

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1