The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks interested in Jacob Chychrun as a TDL acquisition

Odd.

13 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Trading Bo would be tough.  Sending him to Arizona would be the most disrespectful treatment of a captain yet!

Lol well he'd be a UFA and he wouldn't sign there so no chance ehe does a sign and trade. Bo wants to win.

3 hours ago, BC_Hawk said:

For sure, IF he can be a fulltime RHD, I am all on board. The 3 years of team control @ 4.6m is super appealing. A top 4 of Hughes, Chychrun, OEL, 2023 FA RHD (5m ish) is aweosme!

Then trade Myers, send down Poolman (unless he excels this year), and resign Schenn.

Hughes-Chychrun

OEL-FA

Stillman/Rathbone-Schenn/Burroughs/Poolman

Thats a fabulous group!

franchesco aquallino?

I like Jakob.

But I have questions.

• What is his ceiling?
    •  is he actually a 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 D-Man, I am thinking 2/3 which would be ideal on our team with Hughes and OEL but his handedness isn't ideal. But there is probably a lot of disparity in how every team views him.
  • Is he Durable?
    • Most GP in a a season 68. 
    • This concerns me as Vancouver is a tougher market to stay healthy in with our travel schedule. 
  • Will 2021 be his best year production wise for the rest of his career? He isn't going to get PP1 time.
  • Will he fit into our top 4?
    • I don't recall if he partnered with OEL in Arizona? And if not, he'd push Hughes to the right if he played with him. Will this fit together well?
    • Or would we run three pairings each with an Elite Left Side Dman? So call game we would always have one elite man on the ice.
  • What do we have to give up in a trade?
    • A roster player, a 1st round pick in one of the best looking drafts  and a top prospect / young player 
    • I am going to guess: Boeser/Podkolzin, Rathbone and a 1st would be the minimum or a starting point for zona as they have set a a very high price but the sounds of it.

What I like most about Chychrun outside of his size and skillset is his contract. Clearly the biggest advantage to having him is his team friendly camp hit. 

The idea of trading for him makes me nervous that is all. As I dont think hes a guaranteed Home run to be the missing piece of our back ends puzzle.

7 minutes ago, combover said:

Talking about possible TDL acquisition 1 game into the season. Hahahahhahahahaha. 

I would be worried if the team wasn't exploring / identifying ways to improve the team every day regardless of what day it was into the season.

Just now, R3aL said:

I would be worried if the team wasn't exploring / identifying ways to improve the team every day regardless of what day it was into the season.

Right, but we need D now.
so talking about a possible target five months from now is pretty laughable. 
it’s totally pointless. 

Nucks should be interested crychrun or players like him now. 
and figuring out how to fix the disaster that is our D ASAP. 
Or we’ll be sellers at the TDL. 

1 minute ago, combover said:

it’s totally pointless. 

In fairness I'm assuming the people keeping this 8 month old thread alive are talking about acquiring Chychun now, not at the TDL. I can't see it happening though, the ask would be far too high.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

In fairness I'm assuming the people keeping this 8 month old thread alive are talking about acquiring Chychun now, not at the TDL. I can't see it happening though, the ask would be far too high.

Ha 

I didn’t notice the date it started :picard:

421F0B1E-8159-4C7F-A953-F456A967FFD6.jpeg.8ae349a48ef1afb61b81e14c72503bf3.jpeg

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, combover said:

it’s totally pointless. 

So you dont think they tried to get a dman in the offseason? or before the season started?

Of course thats their interest.

But realistically from now till the TDL is the timeline of when a trade could be made during this season.

Dont understand why you are bothered by this.

Also, when JR took the team over he identified it couldn't be fully fixed in 1 year. They are operating in a way with the final years of Demko contract to be our peak years to challenge for a cup.

This group can do a lot with what we currently have and this year the goal is to make the playoffs not be a clear cut cup contender.

Realistically JC type dman wouldn't have won us the game vs the OILERS. We outplayed them 5 v 5.  We lost on Special Teams. IMikehyev and Myers in the line up would have made. a noticeable improvement to our PK with Ilya speed and defensive play he's great to match up vs Mcdavid, and Myers Long stick reach is great on the PK. 

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I mean, we should be holding onto our picks as well. It's not like our farm team is stocked and loaded with young players being developed for the future or anything. 

I should probably preface I have no interest in Chychrun. I was just refuting this other kind feller's initial proposal. People are replying to me as if I want to trade for him when I don't.

15 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

A fair deal would be Chychrun for Podkolzin, a 1st and Rathbone, and that's a 1st in a deep draft.

Don't know if I'd do that really, we could be heading for another top 15 pick but adding a legit future number 1 defenceman costs big time. This isn't the way to find one sadly, you've got to draft and develop your own or pay the price. Better for a franchise to try and find one in the draft than strip the value of the club's future.

Podkolzin is a non-starter for me unless we are getting a top pairing RHD who is under team control.  

Neal Pionk?  Okay, I would listen...  

Sean Durzi?  No thanks. 

LHDs?  Not interested, Hughes and OEL are here to stay and we got lots of 3rd pairing options now.  

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

So you dont think they tried to get a dman in the offseason? or before the season started?

Of course thats their interest.

But realistically from now till the TDL is the timeline of when a trade could be made during this season.

Dont understand why you are bothered by this.

Also, when JR took the team over he identified it couldn't be fully fixed in 1 year. They are operating in a way with the final years of Demko contract to be our peak years to challenge for a cup.

This group can do a lot with what we currently have and this year the goal is to make the playoffs not be a clear cut cup contender.

Realistically JC type dman wouldn't have won us the game vs the OILERS. We outplayed them 5 v 5.  We lost on Special Teams. IMikehyev and Myers in the line up would have made. a noticeable improvement to our PK with Ilya speed and defensive play he's great to match up vs Mcdavid, and Myers Long stick reach is great on the PK. 

Yeah people think that we are going to jump from a non-playoff team to a top 5 cup contender in one off-season.  

Not reasonable or feasible.  Combover's favourite GM of all-time, Jim Benning, said that we were two years away from being a contender and he was right for all intents and purposes. 

17 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Can't disagree with you there... But this management group didn't draft him and need to improve this team.  They don't have the same loyalties the previous regime had.  

You realize though that this sends the message to the whole league of players and to the guys that are still on the team, right?!!!  Who would want to work for a GM that will disrespect a key player?  Also, can you imagine if the trade didn't work out well?  Total gamble in my mind and there's likely many, many other offers out there for Bo from other teams.

3 hours ago, R3aL said:

I like Jakob.

But I have questions.

• What is his ceiling?
    •  is he actually a 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 D-Man, I am thinking 2/3 which would be ideal on our team with Hughes and OEL but his handedness isn't ideal. But there is probably a lot of disparity in how every team views him.
  •  

The first time I read this I thought you typed "but his handsomeness isn't ideal".....lol.  That was a new criteria for defensemen in my books.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah people think that we are going to jump from a non-playoff team to a top 5 cup contender in one off-season.  

Not reasonable or feasible.  Combover's favourite GM of all-time, Jim Benning, said that we were two years away from being a contender and he was right for all intents and purposes. 

Except Jb said that every year he was here. Starting the day he started - the infamous “ we can turn this around quickly” 

he’s the reason we didn’t have the cap, depth or assets to make trades to improve our D.

he was my favourite thou I sure miss his stumbling bumbling interviews. 

im sure Jr/pa tried to acquire d but the prices seemed high and as I said we didn’t/don’t have the assets. 
it’ll will take a while to undo all the stupid,  two top 6 busts in back to back drafts really hurt us as did the terrible contracts and assets lost for nothing. 

not sure I see us as a cup contender in two years we are still a fringe playoff team the D is still awful.
Some good things happened this summer but we need a lot more  to compete with the top team in the post season. 

7 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Podkolzin is a non-starter for me unless we are getting a top pairing RHD who is under team control.  

Neal Pionk?  Okay, I would listen...  

Sean Durzi?  No thanks. 

LHDs?  Not interested, Hughes and OEL are here to stay and we got lots of 3rd pairing options now.  

There's a few great top RDs out there, the question is who's good enough for Podkolzin? Carlo (I'd say not good enough, Boston would have to add a 2nd)? Dobson? May be better than Podkolzin, we'd have to add a depth defenceman.

I'd love to do something like Garland + depth defenceman (one of our many bottom guys or someone like Woo, or a mid-tier pick) for Carlo. Boston have too many defencemen with McAvoy coming back and Carlo will never get top pairing minutes - he'll always be a 20 minute guy on that team. Podkolzin is too good for Carlo straight-up, they'd have to throw a young B grade prospect in or pick to even it.

The flip-side is Dobson, but if you're NYI you don't move a top young RD full stop. Podkolzin may be a 30+ goal scorer in the future but top pairing RDs are proving to be more valuable than just about anyone else apart from goalies nowadays. Podkolzin + Rathbone for Dobson is probably a bit more fair (but if I'm NYI I'd never trade him).

• Cheers 1

On 2/22/2022 at 1:13 PM, Odd. said:

From the Don Taylor and Rick Dhaliwal show. Canucks want Arizona to lower the asking price, and are also looking at a plan B scenario where they are looking to acquire someone similar to Chychrun, perhaps a McAvoy, Smith or Schneider.

Cracking Up Lol GIF