The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks exploring Tyler Myers trade

brian42

1 hour ago, teepain said:

No one who scores 1 goal in 82 and is a turn over machine gets 6 million tho

There are other better options to spend with that money imo

lol your turnover machine is #2 on the team in +/- leads the team in blk shots by a country mile 3rd in hits.. i wonder why he only have 1 goal this season.. oh maybe coz he has the lowest offensive zone start of any starting defenseman on this team along with his partner OEL? coz they are your defensive shutdown pairing? i wonder why OEL have so little points too? 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol your turnover machine is #2 on the team in +/- leads the team in blk shots by a country mile 3rd in hits.. i wonder why he only have 1 goal this season.. oh maybe coz he has the lowest offensive zone start of any starting defenseman on this team along with his partner OEL? coz they are your defensive shutdown pairing? i wonder why OEL have so little points too? 

Agreed, with him gone the backend will be even more soft. Literally Schenn VS all. Will need to find another RHD that can play top 4 and eat 20+ min all situations like he does. The problem with myers is that he's more like poor man's oel and Hughes on the right side so he's not being utilized well for our team. 

If Miller gets traded, I hope it's to Boston for Carlo and their 1st. Although I don't see it happening because they lost McAvoy for 6 months, and without Carlo they're pretty much accepting to tank but I don't see them doing that with bergy returning for a year. Maybe send myers the other way with miller and they might consider it, and retain one of their contracts lol. Their 1st will be awesome because if Bergeron gets hurt again, they'll only have pastrnak and possibly tank to bottom for a high pick.

Carlo is signed for a long time for 4+mil, 6'3 RHD is exactly who Hughes needs to play with. Then idk, oel can play with poolman I guess. 

Edited by secksii

7 hours ago, TmanVan said:

Canucks fans in a nutshell: 

-Someone the same calibre as Tylers Myers becomes available as a free agent: PLEASE SIGN THEM IMMEDIATELY

-Said player once they're on the team: We gave this guy 6 million?? He's maybe worth 5 million max. THIS GUY SUCKS. 

Canucks fan in a nutshell:

Always thinks a player is worse than he actually is! 

23 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Canucks fan in a nutshell:

Always thinks a player is worse than he actually is! 

I think more so the fact that he is overpaid, might be nitpicking here but I'd be ok with Myers at $4-4.5 per. It's the dollar value that has many sour, but 100%t he blocks lots of shots and plays really hard for us. Our back end is worse without him unless you can replace him immediately but that likely won't come much cheaper either. 

14 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

I think more so the fact that he is overpaid, might be nitpicking here but I'd be ok with Myers at $4-4.5 per. It's the dollar value that has many sour, but 100%t he blocks lots of shots and plays really hard for us. Our back end is worse without him unless you can replace him immediately but that likely won't come much cheaper either. 

When he was signed, like most contracts 3 years ago, it was done on the assumption of the cap continuing to rise. When covid wiped out the increases for a few years, it created the crunch that made optics on a number of contracts around the league look worse than they actually are.

Canucks supposedly looking for a 2nd for Myers. If we can get that, I say we take it and run. 

If he is gone we clearly have a need for a physical, defensive player to replace him. If there is a Miller trade to happen, I imagine we could cover that issue there. There are also UFA options like Manson or Zadorov who will both be cheaper, and imo similar or higher in value to our team.

Edited by kloubek

1 hour ago, kloubek said:

Canucks supposedly looking for a 2nd for Myers. If we can get that, I say we take it and run. 

If he is gone we clearly have a need for a physical, defensive player to replace him. If there is a Miller trade to happen, I imagine we could cover that issue there. There are also UFA options like Manson or Zadorov who will both be cheaper, and imo similar or higher in value to our team.

The thing with Myers is he is overpaid but not by as much as people seem to think I say only about 1 million overpaid.

the Canucks need size and toughness as it is and if Miller and Myers are gone it’s a massive hole on the team. We also need right side D even before a Myers departure.

with all that said I would still trade him for a 2’nd but they would need to know 100% for sure, that at least 1 very good right side D is coming back and also fill the size and toughness.

garland being moved would Probly be wise simply because we have too many small guys. It’s fine to have a couple but we have too many. 

Edited by brian42

9 minutes ago, kloubek said:

There are also UFA options like Manson or Zadorov who will both be cheaper, and imo similar or higher in value to our team.

Manson might come in lower aav but with big term.

Zadorov was absolutely exposed by Edmonton in the playoffs, way to slow and poor decision making as a far as chasing the big hit.

Don't think Manson will be any cheaper than 5M. Id take him at 6M though as I like him more than Myers.

He really showed up in the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Maginator said:

Don't think Manson will be any cheaper than 5M. Id take him at 6M though as I like him more than Myers.

He really showed up in the playoffs.

Manson in; Myers out. 

Get ‘er done JR! :frantic:

Cross Manson off your list. If he doesn’t stick with the Avs he’ll be going back to ANH.

He’ll also be 31 in October.

I’d rather that much cap be allocated to a younger player with a longer term future as a partner to QH.

Edited by RWJC

OOOOOhhhhhh interesting if true…

UPDATED - Ottawa is talking to Vancouver about D Tyler Myers. He has a 10 team list as part of his NTC. Myers has 2 years left on his deal at 6M AAV. He's 32 years old and a RD. The Canucks are looking to shed dollars on their payroll for JT Miller. Ottawa would most likely have to include a 1st round pick in 2023 plus a defensive prospect I'm told. More to come.....

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

UPDATED - Ottawa is talking to Vancouver about D Tyler Myers. He has a 10 team list as part of his NTC. Myers has 2 years left on his deal at 6M AAV. He's 32 years old and a RD. The Canucks are looking to shed dollars on their payroll for JT Miller. Ottawa would most likely have to include a 1st round pick in 2023 plus a defensive prospect I'm told. More to come.....

I just saw this... I think the entire CDC is rooting for Eklund to be right for once in his life.

A 2023 1st for Myers from Ottawa (where the team could easily be a lottery team)... AND Ottawa is adding a defensive prospect?  Ya, I don't care what happens with Miller if our new GM pulled that off.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Provost said:

I just saw this... I think the entire CDC is rooting for Eklund to be right for once in his life.

A 2023 1st for Myers from Ottawa (where the team could easily be a lottery team)... AND Ottawa is adding a defensive prospect?  Ya, I don't care what happens with Miller if our new GM pulled that off.

Totally redeem yourself Memes

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Just dumperoo Myers.  If Ottawa likes him the let them have “all of” the Chaos Giraffe.  Don’t haggle over the return.  

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

No way!  Does Eklund still exist!?

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

I'll take a 3rd for him if it means we have cap relief.

Absolutely no way he fetches a 1st. Who is this source??

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RWJC said:

If Allvin could pull this off I would build a church in his honor.

• Haha 1