The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sunday February 27 Vancouver Canucks (25-22-6) @ New York Rangers (33-14-5) at 4:30 (our time) on SNPTV and SNPAM650.

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

3 minutes ago, GB5 said:

I just don't get why there's chatter about trading players when the guys are up 4 to zip..... against the no good stinking Rangers no less.

Go Canucks Go!!!!

The team is doing great but I think it’s because fans know we aren’t good enough. You can’t pretend that they are great because of the last two wins. They have been amazing victories but there are major holes that need to be filled. The defense is really not that great. How else can you fix it?

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

That goals against stat has a lot to do with Demko. I wouldn’t put much behind it. Boudreau admits all the time our goalie was the best player. How are those very attainable pieces?

Nashville desperately needs offense and has penalty killers like Trenin they may be willing to part with for the right price. We have an offensive defenseman in Rathbone, and a middle 6 forward in Pearson that can score 20 goals. There are many options like that. 

Hampus Lindholm as a top-4 defenseman is likely available in unrestricted free agency, as he's been vocally annoyed with Anaheim. 

If we end up needing to sell one of our scorers like Garland to get the assets to trade for a top-4 defenseman, we could pick up a top-6 forward like Domi or Rust in UFA as well. 

Lots of teams are up against the cap, because the cap is only going up by 1m this year, so the UFA pool is a lot richer.