The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday Feb 28 Vancouver Canucks (26-22-6) @ New Jersey Devils (18-29-5) 4:30 (our time) Prudential Center SNP TV & AM650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

7 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

I think management told Bruce to play Halak 

If they were trying to shop him, it backfired.

I'm sure JR was at least hoping to get something for him if he waived his NMC. (Maybe in exchange for playing him for his 10th start).  Canuck luck.

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No, you put words in my mouth. Explaining what actually occurred and not running for the torch and pitchforks =/= excusing or approving of Halak’s play. 

There was blame all around it’s not ENTIRELY Halak’s fault. The first and 4th goals he should have had. The team also should not be this poor defensively. There is plenty of blame to go around this game. Not sure why some of you can only place it on one guy when it is very evident that this was a collective piss poor effort. 

4 - 2 game is still a winnable game. 6 - 2 NOT QUITE

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Shouldve never broke up hogz petey podz

i never understood the reasoning.. i mean dickinson was hurt fine stick chiasson on there then.. it's not like that line does much 5v5 anyways.. or at least put boeser with EP instead of Chiasson.. anyone but chiasson

Blow it up!  Trade ‘em all.  Bunch of losers.  Is that what we true Canuck fans believe?  Or is that the trolls?  It’s fact that when our goalie stops pucks evens or better than his opposite we win 7/10 .  Not arguable that’s a very good team.  Halak is a craperolla piece of trash.  Send him down NOW, and bring up Martin.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, brilac said:

I was going to do a speech on hockey and then thought, well everyone in the class knows that I like the Canadiens and the Canucks, so that would not be benefitial, and then I thought about doing a speech on the Maple Leafs, but I would probably mess up by laughing through out the speech while wearing something Maple Leafs and then really laughing after saying something like - "Kings of the North" and accidently say "Laffs" instead of Leafs, and then be like - oh yeah, their rivals are the Montreal Canadiens, and then get all excited when I said "Montreal Canadiens."  Yeah, that would have been a disaster. 

That is quite the run on sentence. Could you say all that, without taking a breath?

• Haha 2

Just now, Provost said:

It outlines how much Demko saves our bacon honestly and why the advanced goalie metrics have him rated even higher than Markstrom as they count expected goals and high danger chances.

Even when Demko has a night when he is just human rather than a Vezina candidate, he it team looks a lot worse.

We don’t have to apologize for having a great goalie, but Halak is a decent goalie trying to play in a tough environment

honestly I think if Martin was in net the score would be much closer.  

I get people pointing out mistakes/turnovers but the first three goals were definitely stoppable. Save 1 of them at least and you might have a different game.

ah well, it is what it is-much like this season. 

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

It outlines how much Demko saves our bacon honestly and why the advanced goalie metrics have him rated even higher than Markstrom as they count expected goals and high danger chances.

Even when Demko has a night when he is just human rather than a Vezina candidate, he it team looks a lot worse.

We don’t have to apologize for having a great goalie, but Halak is a decent goalie trying to play in a tough environment

Yup, Demko covers a lot of warts on this team, he makes the team look better than they are 

I went to bat for Holtby last season too for same reasons I'm going to bat for Halak, because the team didn't play well in front of him consistently 

They also gave Holtby little to no run support, which is the same thing Halak's experienced most games he's played

At some point people need to open their eyes to the fact that it's more than backups not playing well

Demko plays well enough to cover more mistakes than Holtby or Halak were able to, it's not Halak or Holtby's fault he's the better tender though

But it is the fault of the team in front of him for consistently playing like crap in front of their goaltender 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

Yup, Demko covers a lot of warts on this team, he makes the team look better than they are 

I went to bat for Holtby last season too for same reasons I'm going to bat for Halak, because the team didn't play well in front of him consistently 

They also have Holtby little to no run support, which is the same thing Halak's experienced most games he's played

At some point people need to open their eyes to the fact that it's more than backups not playing well

Demko plays well enough to cover more mistakes than Holtby or Halak were able to, it's not Halak or Holtby's fault he's the better tender though

But it is the fault of the team in front of him for consistently playing like crap in front of their goaltender 

So a 645 save percentage is fine? Lol this is non sense 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It's literally the team's job to help out their goaltender and they haven't done a good enough job of that tonight

Halak isn't the only one who's struggled 

When the goalie is this epically bad, the other players try too hard to control bet for the loser they have on nets.  The boys get out too farm because they know the loser in between the pipes can’t sop anything.  This is and always will be 100% on the crap that is Halak.  He’s Benning’s middle finger to us fans parting gift.  

• Haha 2