The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flyers re-sign Rasmus Ristolainen

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe Philly doesn't want to do rebuilds, after rebuilds....

Yeah but they are kinda screwed lol. The Nolan Patrick draft could have been a game changer for them. I really have no interest in that team just a though 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

These new contracts are coming in lower (or am I just wishfully thinking)?

Pay attention Brock!

If you want to stay on the team, you're gonna have to take a pay cut; we can't afford to eat the QO.

I notice too, that even though this RHD is not the best, they did not want to let him go.

Rare birds, these top 4 RHDs.

Hamonic and Myers are big tough customers on good contracts, imo.

Poolman may be too; he was showing well before he got hurt.

It would just be so nice if we had a True #1 RHD, but we're dancin' with da girl what brung us for now.

11 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

These new contracts are coming in lower (or am I just wishfully thinking)?

Pay attention Brock!

If you want to stay on the team, you're gonna have to take a pay cut; we can't afford to eat the QO.

I notice too, that even though this RHD is not the best, they did not want to let him go.

Rare birds, these top 4 RHDs.

Hamonic and Myers are big tough customers on good contracts, imo.

Poolman may be too; he was showing well before he got hurt.

It would just be so nice if we had a True #1 RHD, but we're dancin' with da girl what brung us for now.

What it looks like to me is that the top tier elite players are getting more, and the middle class tier of players are getting less.  The Pietrangelos and Hamiltons got the huge pay days, but most, if not all of the middle tier guys got $4 to $5M (give or take). 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I dont think they need a full rebuild they have some great pieces. Similar situation to the Canucks probably need two years to retool and create an identity. 

Yeah it’s just crazy because they essentially did that last season. Made huge changes and still sit where they sit. Canucks are fine moving forward in my opinion. Move a couple players out and in. Keep our picks and carry on. We are competing right now. Philly is not 

2 hours ago, Devron said:

What a weird signing for a team that clearly needs a rebuild 

A few weeks ago Dave Scott (CEO of the group that owns the Flyers) made it perfectly clear that they don't see them going into a rebuild and believe they can right the ship sooner.  Fletcher was given a vote of confidence.

2 hours ago, Devron said:

What a weird signing for a team that clearly needs a rebuild 

Philly's a weird case where they almost seem to bounce around the standings like a yo-yo. One year they're great, the next year they're not, the year after that they're great, etc.

• Cheers 1

Just now, mll said:

A few weeks ago Dave Scott (CEO of the group that owns the Flyers) made it perfectly clear that they don't see them going into a rebuild and believe they can right the ship sooner.  Fletcher was given a vote of confidence.

Interesting. They made all these changes last year and still stink. Is Giroux gonna be around? They are relying on Atkinson and Konecny for offence? 

Just now, Devron said:

Interesting. They made all these changes last year and still stink. Is Giroux gonna be around? They are relying on Atkinson and Konecny for offence? 

Konecny is apparently available - can't remember which insider mentioned that some time ago already.  He could be in a change of scenery type trade.  They want to change things up a bit.  

They traded for Ellis to play with Provorov but he got injured 4 games into the season.  Would expect him to be back next season and that should help stabilise their top pairing.

They are expected to trade Giroux this TDL - haven't seen anything for next season but could see a situation where he re-signs in the off-season.  

• Thanks 1

This is a really, really bad signing. I know when guys here on CDC were talking about wanting to get him, I was SOOOO hoping not. And now seeing this really leaves me scratching my head. Heck, this is making Myers look like a sweet deal.

39 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yeah it’s just crazy because they essentially did that last season. Made huge changes and still sit where they sit. Canucks are fine moving forward in my opinion. Move a couple players out and in. Keep our picks and carry on. We are competing right now. Philly is not 

They have a great D core but they have had tons of injuries and their forward depth has not been up to par. Carter Hart has not emerged as the elite goalie they thought be would be at this point either.

• Cheers 1