The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Washington Capitals at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 11, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I thought it was pretty amazing that Miller asked that Boudreau stay out of the room during the 2nd intermission, so he could talk to the team himself. They came out and scored 3 unanswered goals to take the lead

Captain material, worth whatever they pay him

Myers penalty was ridiculous, a clean hit. Yet, they called it an illegal hit to the head. Shouldn't Kuznetsov have had to go to the quiet room to get assessed?  He was out to start the PP and ended up scoring the tying goal. Just glad Ovie didn't score.

Watching them play bigger, tougher competition, I think Garland and Hoglander could both be traded.

Goes to show how much trust Boudreau has in him too.

As a fan, hearing about that, its testament to how much this team requires a vibrant, vocal leader and just what that can do for a club.

No slag on Bo, just needed another personality type to approach the room in a particular way who will make himself accountable as the example.

Edited by RWJC
  • Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Goes to show how much trust Boudreau has in him too.

As a fan, hearing about that, its testament to how much this team requires a vibrant, vocal leader and just what that can do for a club.

No slag on Bo, just needed another personality type to approach the room in a particular way who will make himself accountable as the example.

No to trading Garland. Garland’s probably our best board battler and puck protecting guy while being the smallest on the ice. That shows a lot. 

He’s a playmaker and creates opportunities offensively. He doesn’t have any apparent defensive defiencies which is great as well. We don’t really have many of those in the line up as it is, giving him up especially on a beautiful contract like that would be a mistake. 

Hoglander I’m all for trading. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Odd. said:

No to trading Garland. Garland’s probably our best board battler and puck protecting guy while being the smallest on the ice. That shows a lot. 

He’s a playmaker and creates opportunities offensively. He doesn’t have any apparent defensive defiencies which is great as well. We don’t really have many of those in the line up as it is, giving him up especially on a beautiful contract like that would be a mistake. 

Hoglander I’m all for trading. 

I like Hoagy. But I think he needs a change of scene. Might hurt Podz though. 

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I like Hoagy. But I think he needs a change of scene. Might hurt Podz though. 

I disagree.

This is his second season in the NHL. Lots of players have down years in their second year, and he's still super young. No need to make a rash decision because he's struggling this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, spook007 said:

Question is more like, when will he be top of the tree on that list... 12 more assists... 

Will take at most 15 games the way Huggy is playing. Very impressed with his play this year. 

I know it eventually led to a goal, but I love when he nailed Backstrom clearing the crease.

On top of that he's having his best offensive year to date and shooting the puck at the highest rate of his career. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ferlands_Head said:

Will take at most 15 games the way Huggy is playing. Very impressed with his play this year. 

I know it eventually led to a goal, but I love when he nailed Backstrom clearing the crease.

On top of that he's having his best offensive year to date and shooting the puck at the highest rate of his career. 

Yep... Quinn is an absolute beauty... and signed for another 5 years... fabulous.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

Seems like fans point the finger at all our players except for our most important one.  If Demko stops pucks at .915 tonight we win.  He didn’t.  He was .882, and we lost.  He needs to be better, or we have no chance.  Every other player can have an off game, and we can still win consistently.  Demko can’t.  Although we have won a few here recently when he has been off.  

Honest question, did you think Markstrom was an elite goaltender? Because his save percentage was extremely average too. 

It's about the saves you can make, and he could only make one of them on the ones that went in. I agree that sometimes we over praise Demko, but tonight you'd have to be a goof to think he was the reason for the loss. The only one he had a chance at stopping was the overtime goal. 

You're not stopping an Ovi shot that goes off the post in his wheelhouse. You're not able to predict fluke bounces off of the boards of all things, and the other he had a man pushed into him by his own teammate. He had a chance on a breakaway but come on, it's a breakaway. 

13 minutes ago, Ferlands_Head said:

Hopefully they play Andrei Vasilevskiy vs the Coilers and we get Elliott. 2nd half of b2b very winnable game for us.

If they play Elliott against the Oilers and we get Vasilevskiy, then you know that the Canucks are gaining respect around the league.