(Proposal) Van - Pit

To Pit:

Boeser

Motte

Poolman

To Van:

Marino

Kapanen

Teams fill each others needs and we cut ties with Poolman with Hamonic on the third pair. Pitts gets Poolman as support on the bottom pair to somewhat make up for the loss of Marino. We get Kapanen who has produced better than Boeser 5on5 while adding a lot to our team speed. Lockwood has shown that he is close to NHL ready and has a similar play style to Motte.

*Barring other moves*

Kapanen Miller Pod

Hog Petey Garland

Pearson Horvat Dickinson

Highmore Lammikko Lockwood

Hughes Marino

OEL Myers

Rathbone Hamonic

Demko

Halak

Edited by MrCanuck94

23 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

To Pit:

Boeser

Motte

Poolman

To Van:

Marino

Kapanen

Teams fill each others needs and we cut ties with Poolman with Hamonic on the third pair. Pitts gets Poolman as support on the bottom pair to somewhat make up for the loss of Marino. We get Kapanen who has produced better than Boeser 5on5 while adding a lot to our team speed. Lockwood has shown that he is close to NHL ready and has a similar play style to Motte.

*Barring other moves*

Kapanen Miller Pod

Hog Petey Garland

Pearson Horvat Dickinson

Hughes Marino

OEL Myers

Rathbone Hamonic

Demko

Halak

Good deal for both teams, would do it absolutely

• Cheers 1

Not too bad.   I'm just not sure about Marino.   In this case we definitely lose the more proven player in Brock - and can say better teams their players always look better which is a tad worrisome.     That said we need RHD's .... tough one.    Who knows who ends up the winner in this case.   

7 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

To Pit:

Boeser

Motte

Poolman

To Van:

Marino

Kapanen

*Barring other moves*

Kapanen Miller Pod

Hog Petey Garland

Pearson Horvat Dickinson

Hughes Marino

OEL Myers

Rathbone Hamonic

Demko

Halak

Kapanen 25, 6'1 RW last 4 seasons have be leaving questions about him..

2021-22 - GP  58 -- G 9 -- PTS 26

2020-21 - GP 40 --G 11 --PTS 30

2019-20--GP 69--G 13 -- PTS 36

2018-19 -GP 78 --G 20 --PTS 44

Not really interested in Kapanen 3.2 million RFA this summer.. He should be a 25 goal guy and 58--65 points

I would want more then Marino 23 for Boeser  25..

Garland  -Pitts -- Van -Marino

2 hours ago, wildcam said:

Not really interested in Kapanen 3.2 million RFA this summer.. He should be a 25 goal guy and 58--65 points

Shedding Poolman's salary is value as well in this circumstance.

Kapanen's even strength points last 4 seasons - 39, 31, 26, 22 (so far)

Boeser's even strength points last 4 seasons - 41, 31, 34, 18 (so far)

Production isn't a huge drop off and we can move Garland to PP1, where he belongs.

No sense for Penguins to take a 2.5M RD Poolman when there’s Schenn right there or UFA.

No deal probably gets done during the season. Losing Marino creates a hole in the top 4. They need dominos to fall in the off-season more likely. 

Fair deal I think. I actually feel Vancouver could remove Motte from the offer though. 

Boeser and Poolman for Marino and Kap

They upgrade massively on the forward end while downgrading a bit on the Defense side. Canucks gets a decent top 4 RHD signed for a while and clear a little cap (although Poolman isn't too concerning to me cap wise). 

If Pitts want a different D they can also choose Hamonic instead. Slightly more expensive, but better and only signed for 2 years. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/14/2022 at 8:41 AM, wildcam said:

Why do you value Garland less than you do Brock? 

That seems like a reasonable deal... and there are reports that Pittsburgh is interested in Boeser.

If Boston is still interested in Garland, you could trade him and Dickenson for Debrusk and Senyshyn and end up with a better lineup overall along with a bunch of cap savings

Honestly I think the Penguins are the most likely trade partners with us due to their desire to snag Boeser and JR's ties.

I don't particularly want it to happen but I could see a trade revolving around Boeser for Marino take place. I wouldn't want it to happen - Marino isn't the top shutdown righty we need, he's a smaller puck mover so he wouldn't gel well with Hughes, and if we're trading a top young forward we should look to get a strong tough right defenceman who's young.

Pierre-Oliver Joseph is interesting, big strong left defenceman, former 1st rounder and a lefty who could slowly take some bottom pairing minutes and slowly steal minutes from OEL over time. He's got a lot more potential than Marino.

I'd love a Boeser for POJ deal but cap-wise they'd have to send a lot more our way, maybe throw in Kapanen but that still wouldn't cut it.

Is there a Boeser + Motte + Rathbone for POJ + Marino + Kapanen deal out there to be made?

I'd rather sit pat, don't like any of their young defenceman as much as some other guys around the league (eg. Schneider) and I just know Boeser ends up a 30+ goal scorer in their top 6.

All this talk about moving Boeser or Garland.  I see it this way.

Boeser is younger, bigger, and has averaged .79 ppg in his young career.  He is owed 7.5 million next year.

Garland has averaged .59 ppg but  has a bigger heart and is on an excellent contract.  

Garland is exactly the type of player, on exactly the type of contract we want.  If Boeser would sign for 5.25 or less then it might be a toss up which player to move, but with the salaries taken into account, it has to be Boeser.  Plus he will also fetch a bigger return.