The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Brandon Scanlin

Don't know anything about this guy but looks like he can put up some points. Not the biggest defender either at 6'0 feet 190 lbs. Can't complain about a free prospect if he decides to sign here though!

EDIT: Hockeydb lies

Edited by 250Integra

32 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Don't know anything about this guy but looks like he can put up some points. Not the biggest defender either at 6'0 feet 190 lbs. Can't complain about a free prospect if he decides to sign here though!

He is around 6’4”.  215lbs.  
Is almost PPG and quite a big fella. 
Let’s hope he signs here!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

He looks HUGE in that Twitter pic lol. I expected to see that he is some 6'5/220 lb dman, but I am bigger than him lol.   

• Like 1

Actually watched this kid play live several times in the RBC Cup when he was with Brooks.

Their team was loaded for their cup run and they were an absolute offensive powerhouse - they destroyed the AJHL that year. 

Can't say I remember him standing out for any particular reason either + or -.  People are going to look at his past numbers and say he had relatively good production, but I highly doubt any of that translates to the pro-level but as a 'free' asset, what's the harm in seeing if he could be coached into being a pro-level player? 

Jack Mcbain anyone?

word out of Minnesota is he will not sign there, not sure why but its p[retty clear Bill Guerin will have too trade him, Alvin has mentioned many times how close he is with Bill Guerin. Thery also have a ton of prospects on D - Cale Addison (also from the Pittsburgh organization), Lambos (probably untopuchable), and now they have a ton of holes with average goaltending, a bunch of older players having career years and contracts that will be up in next 1-2 yrs...

I actually garland who help them, they also need a big physical depth d man... hello pool man!!!, they also have the equivalent of 11 million in cap space at the deadline

maybe they would be interested in halak too...

To MIN

Garland

Poolman

To VAN

Cale Addison

Jack McBain

2022nd 3rd

2 minutes ago, Should've_Drafted_Kopitar said:

Every year there's some new top prospect from the NCAA that people are salivating over.

Has any ever turned out to be a good NHL player? 

Justin Schultz and Danny DeKeyser were both good young dmen when they first came out of college after not signing with their drafted team. Oh and some kid named Adam Fox, but he just aight ::D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Should've_Drafted_Kopitar said:

Every year there's some new top prospect from the NCAA that people are salivating over.

Has any ever turned out to be a good NHL player? 

Most of them never match the hype.

But even if he can just be a big mobile bottom pair guy for us that would be a huge win. Tanev was an undrafted NCAA feee agent so we have had success there.

Any cheap ELC players we can get our hands on right now will help our cap situation big time.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1