The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday March 15 New Jersey Devils(22-32-5) @ Vancouver Canucks(29-24-7) at 7:00 PDST in Rogers Arena and on SNP TV and 650AM.

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

6 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

What an obnoxious and untrue comment.  

Show me where people wanted a guy turning 30 who averaged 55 games a year over the past 4 years re-signed to the deal the flames gave him.

This is pure hindsight.

Exactly. Most thought Tanev - despite being a great player - was already damaged goods having been injured every season. Everyone here (who knew Tanev's history) viewed that contract as a risk we dodged.

In hindsight he was a bigger loss than Toffoli but that doesn't change circumstances at the time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

OK period but WOW our defence leaves something to be desired. No wonder we have the worst D in the league.  Full of holes, no speed, out of position and in need of a serious revamp!  Games like this against the speedier eastern teams really exposes our defencive woes.  Hopefully when JR begins the deconstruction of the team in the next few days, he'll try to unload 3 or 4 of our weak defencemen.

I have this feeling the chance at getting revenue is going to take over or the team has pushed hard to try to make it they might not do anything. I don’t think they should wait as long as the price is right. It’s obvious we need to start striving for better than mediocre.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Exactly. Most thought Tanev - despite being a great player - was already damaged goods having been injured every season. Everyone here (who knew Tanev's history) viewed that contract as a risk we dodged.

In hindsight he was a bigger loss than Toffoli but that doesn't change circumstances at the time.

Yip. Was watching a Flames game the other night and forgot just how damn good Tanev is. Easily one of the most underrated dmen in the NHL 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

For sure.  I usually cringe at the salary cap crowd but this one seemed like a tap in.  

Also agree in hindsight he’s the biggest loss of that offseason - despite all 3 of him, Toffoli and Marky being quality pieces.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

Yip. Was watching a Flames game the other night and forgot just how damn good Tanev is. Easily one of the most underrated dmen in the NHL 

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

For sure.  I usually cringe at the salary cap crowd but this one seemed like a tap in.  

Also agree in hindsight he’s the biggest loss of that offseason - despite all 3 of him, Toffoli and Marky being quality pieces.

Yup. In hindsight;

Hughes - Tanev

OEL - Myers

Damn good imo.. but I wouldn't have signed the contract at the time.

No reason to think Tanev was going to stay as healthy as he has. Good for the Flames that its worked out this well (:sick:) but I wouldn't have expect that.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

We really need to win this game tonight beacuse we have a back-to back on the weekend which means we'll unfortunately be forced to stuff Ha-Lack between the pipes - which is an automatic loss!   Hope the canucks can take this game.

Maybe Halak will be in our favour this weekends? 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

We really need to win this game tonight beacuse we have a back-to back on the weekend which means we'll unfortunately be forced to stuff Ha-Lack between the pipes - which is an automatic loss!   Hope the canucks can take this game.

I’m hopeful he’s traded before Sunday.

• Cheers 1