The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks and Laffs (Liljegren)

1 minute ago, MattWN. said:

If we end up selling, a halak trade would be a cap dump. The goalie market is soft, and Halak holds all the chips. 

One thing to consider is Halak might welcome a trade to have the opportunity to play and showcase for a new contract.

Just now, BarnBurner said:

One thing to consider is Halak might welcome a trade to have the opportunity to play and showcase for a new contract.

Halak is so done. He seems disinterested and the team has no faith in him whatsoever. I think the word is out and everyone else knows too. We should take the loss and bury him. Bring up Martin

• Vintage 1

I don't get why halak would not want to go to a winning team in for the playoffs his choices are:

1. Languish here where no one likes him, where he has played poorly and will not be re-signed.

2. Go to playoff team where if he plays DECENT he will be treated as a god, play some playoff hockey, maybe make a run and be over hyped to the point he can get another contract somewhere and win more and male more $$$$

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

I don't get why halak would not want to go to a winning team in for the playoffs his choices are:

1. Languish here where no one likes him, where he has played poorly and will not be re-signed.

2. Go to playoff team where if he plays DECENT he will be treated as a god, play some playoff hockey, maybe make a run and be over hyped to the point he can get another contract somewhere and win more and male more $$$$

apparently spite. Benning gave him a ridiculous contract and he's going to make us eat it. 

Edited by JM_

8 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Then bury him. Bring up Martin. He is way better. Take the loss

Cannot bury someone with a no movement clause. You'd have to carry 3 goalies and short you team a player

3 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

apparently spite. Benning gave him a ridiculous contract and he's going to make us eat it. 

Could be the fact he’s older, has a wife and 2 young kids. Maybe signed the NMC not wanting to be away from them. 

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

One question I have is why this team has  shown a dysfunction with veteran back up G. Holtby seemed unhappy here, now Halak, and the team seemed to represent quite poorly in front of these guys.

Hope we give Martin the role next year and make it his to keep or lose. Enough with the expensive vet backup option, we have Ian Clark who can mentor better than anyone in the game.

Regardless, I highly doubt PA/JR would go that previous route anyway. 

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Halak is so done. He seems disinterested and the team has no faith in him whatsoever. I think the word is out and everyone else knows too. We should take the loss and bury him. Bring up Martin

I'm definitely okay with bringing up Martin.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

do they live here?

I don’t know.

Shortly after he was married to he was traded 3 times in a calendar year before finally sticking with the Islanders and making a name.  His wife might have been pregnant or had their 1st child in that time. 

“Now, despite our best efforts, there’s not a ton known about Jaro Halak’s wife.  We know they were married in 2012.   This was sometime during his career with the St. Louis Blues, but before his weird series of trades through the NHL.  Petra Halak must have had a hell of a time dealing with her first couple years as a hockey wife.

During his time in St. Louis, Jaro started to establish himself in a part time role.  Shortly before the 2013-14 season however, he was dealt to Buffalo, where he never actually appeared in a game.  That same season he was dealt along to the Washington Capitals, who later flipped him to the New York Islanders.   All in the same damn season.  Basically four homes in a calendar year.  Yeah playing sports for millions is fun, but geez that’s a lot for anyone.   

Jaro eventually established some credibility with the Islanders where he stayed until free agency in 2018.”

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Just scouring HF and the Laff fans there seem pretty happy with Lilly. They still seem to see his value as equivalent to a late 1st rd pick.

I wouldn't put too much stock in what leaf fans think. 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Toronto makes sense to me. Halak for Liljegren. :bigblush:

That's how little value Liljegren has at this point in time.