The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Brandon Hagel, 2022 4th-round pick, 2024 4th-round pick to Lightning for Taylor Raddysh, Boris Katchouk, 2023 1st-round pick, 2024 1st-round pick

That is an absolutely ridiculous haul.
I would gladly trade Garland for that, even minus one of the 1st rounders....

If these are the kinds of returns available, I think it's time to make some moves to alter the course of our team's history.

• Like 1

Just now, Shayster007 said:

Look at that friggen return... Holy smokes. Just imagine what a player like Miller could return after seeing something like that...

My word....

Ya so we trade a legit top 10 NHL’er for picks who could turn into a Virtanen or OJ? No thanks. Miller stays!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's on pace for 30 goals this year.  I think he will be useful in Tampa for another Cup run.  2 1st's is an insane price however...

If people ignore where Hagel was drafted, it's easy that he's a pretty good, smart, young player. Tampa Bay 1st's are guaranteed to be pretty low so one can think of this trade as trading Hagel to Seattle for two 2nd round picks.

• Cheers 1

That's a heck of a payment. Tampa must really want a three-peat. It's no wonder Chicago decided to let him go.

That said, if Tampa gets a 20 goal scorer for three more years at $1.5 Million, and they get another cup or two with his help, probably worth it for them.

If Chicago gets to 32 overall picks in 2023 and 2024 in the hopes that in the next 5 years they end up with a player like Brandon Hagel, that would be a disappointing turn of events, even with Katchouk and Raddysh.

I think it's safe to say that Chicago won this deal at this point in time.