Edited by Alflives
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

My ideal D-pairings:

Hughes - Myers 

OEL - Poolman 

Dermott - Burroughs 

Hunt - Schenn 

Hughes Schenn with Myers getting double shifted to keep Schenns minutes to his ideal performance and Myers has stamina. 

OEL Myers.  The stable experienced pairing.  

Dermott Poolman Burroughs

if Myers is double shifted Poolman, Dermott and Burroughs are capable of playing the right side.

Hughes and OEL can always be double shifted.  

the weakest link is in the Top 4 RHD.  

Myers and Schenn are the guys that if they go down, we are doomed.  That simple. 

if these guys and Bruce can get to the playoffs.  Myers will be the number one target.

Honestly.  Hughes should be getting some reps on the Right Side. 

if he could make a successful transition to the right side.

it opens up a top pairing of OEL Hughes which could be deadly with our forwards.  

then we have some real decent options as either Schenn or Myers can play either side and weren’t they a pairing in junior at one point?  

so they know each other and that would be a heck of a big and veteran shut down D pair.  

leaving our younger and not quite ready for prime time D men to take lesser minutes, in better circumstances and also be able to match up muscle vs muscle and skill vs skill. 

Thoughts?  

• Huggy Bear 1

I love Dermott rounding out the bottom pairing. If I were to make a bold prediction, I think we will see Marino and Klingberg in our dcorps next year with Myers getting moved. 

If Boeser signs his QO I could see Myers having salary retained to even out some of the dollars in the deal and provide Pittsburg with a serviceable replacement. Boeser & Myers (salary retained) for Marino and Kapanen would be a good win-win trade if we could sign Klingberg.

3 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

I love Dermott rounding out the bottom pairing. If I were to make a bold prediction, I think we will see Marino and Klingberg in our dcorps next year with Myers getting moved. 

If Boeser signs his QO I could see Myers having salary retained to even out some of the dollars in the deal and provide Pittsburg with a serviceable replacement. Boeser & Myers (salary retained) for Marino and Kapanen would be a good win-win trade if we could sign Klingberg.

I think Kapanen is a coming UFA July 1st 2022?  So we can just sign him.  Garland is the guy we will move for a young RSD.  Myers will move for cap relief.  

So out:  Garland + Myers (13 mil)

And in:  Marino + Kapanen (8 mil)

Don't know if we will sign a very old Klingberg.  He's cost too much anyway. 

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think Kapanen is a coming UFA July 1st 2022?  So we can just sign him.  Garland is the guy we will move for a young RSD.  Myers will move for cap relief.  

So out:  Garland + Myers (13 mil)

And in:  Marino + Kapanen (8 mil)

Don't know if we will sign a very old Klingberg.  He's cost too much anyway. 

Kapanen is an RFA - but yea if he doesn't get qualified he would become a UFA. Do you think we re-sign Boeser at 7.5M?

Klingberg is on the older side (29) for sure but it seems like he would be a good fit here. Just a hunch, I think he would be a nice upgrade over Myers. 

• Thanks 1

On the trade,  Dermott expressed to be very happy to be coming to Vancouver.

I then went to hunt down a few stats myself to see how, where, what, and when about this player.

Right away on HDB, realized he has played only in the Toronto area, very close to family home , his entire minor, major, pro career .

Its the first time Travis has officially left his Moms Kitchen ! 
She was probably doing his laundry to send out while he played his first game with us !

no wonder he is so happy to be here ;)lol

He finally left home :) 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Kapanen is an RFA - but yea if he doesn't get qualified he would become a UFA. Do you think we re-sign Boeser at 7.5M?

Klingberg is on the older side (29) for sure but it seems like he would be a good fit here. Just a hunch, I think he would be a nice upgrade over Myers. 

We will sign Boeser to a long term deal @ 6.25 per.

1 hour ago, canucklehead44 said:

Whats with ur hardon for marino?

1 hour ago, canucklehead44 said:

Klingberg makes Myers look like an elite shutdown guy.  Add in the fact that only an idiot eats dead cap over the long term and that's a hard no for me.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/24/2022 at 4:08 AM, Phat Fingers said:

Hughes Schenn with Myers getting double shifted to keep Schenns minutes to his ideal performance and Myers has stamina. 

OEL Myers.  The stable experienced pairing.  

Dermott Poolman Burroughs

if Myers is double shifted Poolman, Dermott and Burroughs are capable of playing the right side.

Hughes and OEL can always be double shifted.  

the weakest link is in the Top 4 RHD.  

Myers and Schenn are the guys that if they go down, we are doomed.  That simple. 

if these guys and Bruce can get to the playoffs.  Myers will be the number one target.

Honestly.  Hughes should be getting some reps on the Right Side. 

if he could make a successful transition to the right side.

it opens up a top pairing of OEL Hughes which could be deadly with our forwards.  

then we have some real decent options as either Schenn or Myers can play either side and weren’t they a pairing in junior at one point?  

so they know each other and that would be a heck of a big and veteran shut down D pair.  

leaving our younger and not quite ready for prime time D men to take lesser minutes, in better circumstances and also be able to match up muscle vs muscle and skill vs skill. 

Thoughts?  

Saul Wright; Purdy Goodstuff.

20 minutes ago, Me_ said:

How’s that not a gahd damm violation of the rules of this board?

Especially for us old guys, like Alfer, who read that as a harsh reminder of what once was, and can only be now with blue pills!  :(  Even with a looker wife!  380 Alien.Life.Form ideas in 2022 | alf, alien life forms, alf tv series

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

I'm fine with a Marino + Kapanen, Boeser/Garland + Poolman swap, should that occur. But in no way should we remotely be targeting Klingberg.

He's not the D we're looking for.

IbaV_U.gif

Hopefully THAT D comes back in the Miller trade ;)

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I'm fine with a Marino + Kapanen, Boeser/Garland + Poolman swap, should that occur. But in no way should we remotely be targeting Klingberg.

He's not the D we're looking for.

IbaV_U.gif

Hopefully THAT D comes back in the Miller trade ;)

The dude is vouched for by one of the winningest coaches in the game, hasn’t been traded at the trade deadline not a week ago, he’s playing unreal, the Canucks are sitting closer to a playoff birth than they have all season long, and you’re still trading him out in that fantasy world of yours.

This is nothing short of spectacular, and very telling of the misguided determination of many  a fan.

Why not instead be as determined to keep Miller; the most central part of our team not names Demko. 

15 minutes ago, Me_ said:

The dude is vouched for by one of the winningest coaches in the game, hasn’t been traded at the trade deadline not a week ago, he’s playing unreal, the Canucks are sitting closer to a playoff birth than they have all season long, and you’re still trading him out in that fantasy world of yours.

This is nothing short of spectacular, and very telling of the misguided determination of many  a fan.

Why not instead be as determined to keep Miller; the most central part of our team not names Demko. 

Because I think it's likely he'd prefer to explore his UFA options, potential UFA value, and with the option to play for a contender and/or a lower tax team (and potentially in his home country). And I don't see a contract that makes sense for Miller, that also makes sense for the Canucks. Good player but ergo, he's not staying. So we need to get value for him and push forward, building without him.

Edited by aGENT
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1