The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will anyone be upset if we get a typical Canucks answer? There was nothing out there.

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

6 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Who knows. We have the largest management group in the NHL. So large they can't seem to agree on anything.

To be sure, the larger the decision-making group, the more chance there is for organizational immobility because everybody has to work together to achieve consensus. Consensus doesn't mean the majority rules, it means that we all compromise to find a solution that we all can live with. This ALWAYS takes more time than it should, and sometimes results in lost opportunity. My concern about the bloated management group is that too many cooks can spoil the broth, and when all is said and done, more is usually said than done.

• Sad 1

I don't agree with the typical "there's nothing out there" excuse. It's a free pass for futility. The very best management teams in the league make deals when they need one. 

Ultimately, it's only one of a multitude of reasons why we've never won a cup. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I would be somewhat happy if we do the following:

-Re-sign or trade Motte

-Trade Pearson

-Trade Dickinson

-Trade Halak

I would be very happy if the above is true plus we move Miller for one of the NYR packages we've discussed forever.

Ya, I agree. I get the feeling this playoff push (once again) has played a part in it being so quiet. I am not a big fan of the Dermott deal. Was it really needed?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Imagine hiring 5 GM’s to replace Banning and all you got for it was Dermott for Hamonic?

Aquilini probably wants a refund. 

It was all just a giant PR stunt to promote diversity. AQ is the mastermind behind it all. He doesn't want Vancouver to win a cup anymore than Bettman does.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

It was all just a giant PR stunt to promote diversity. AQ is the mastermind behind it all. He doesn't want Vancouver to win a cup anymore than Bettman does.

Oh, come on. So Aquilini secretly wants to prevent the Canucks from ever winning a cup? That's a really bad take. Really bad.

• Thanks 1

Moves? Sure!

But, really this just reeks of Benning's past moves, because in the end, it is his mess that is dictating all the problems we are having...............

It is Benning that absolutely refused to get Green out of here, which in turn, caused us to loose so many points early in the season. So here we are, a team that 

has been winning at a playoff percentage rate, that is stuck in a pile of teams, that would not normally be where we should be, if that makes sense........

It is Benning that signed Boeser to a contract that has a qualifying offer of 7.5 Million. It is Benning that made the OEL/Garland move..........To me, it is Benning

that pisses me off any direction I look...........again, prospect pool that is empty, and good enough to be a fringe playoff team, but not good enough to be a 

top 10 competitive team, with no chance to be one, because again................no prospects and no Cap! It is a mess to me.

I am not worried about Miller aging out! I am worried about me aging out, before we get a cup! :picard:

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Moves? Sure!

But, really this just reeks of Benning's past moves, because in the end, it is his mess that is dictating all the problems we are having...............

It is Benning that absolutely refused to get Green out of here, which in turn, caused us to loose so many points early in the season. So here we are, a team that 

has been winning at a playoff percentage rate, that is stuck in a pile of teams, that would not normally be where we should be, if that makes sense........

It is Benning that signed Boeser to a contract that has a qualifying offer of 7.5 Million. It is Benning that made the OEL/Garland move..........To me, it is Benning

that pisses me off any direction I look...........again, prospect pool that is empty, and good enough to be a fringe playoff team, but not good enough to be a 

top 10 competitive team, with no chance to be one, because again................no prospects and no Cap! It is a mess to me.

I am not worried about Miller aging out! I am worried about me aging out, before we get a cup! :picard:

Ya and I think they need to realize they need to strip it down other than a few key pieces. This run I believe has made them think they are better than they are. Anyways it just feels like it most likely will be a disappointing day. At least we are use to it by now.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya and I think they need to realize they need to strip it down other than a few key pieces. This run I believe has made them think they are better than they are.

Yeah, I tend to agree, but you need willing trade partners, a willing owner, and a willing fan base (of which, I think there is a real split either way).................

Like I said, I am just worried, I never get to see a championship team here in Vancouver :picard:

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Yeah, I tend to agree, but you need willing trade partners, a willing owner, and a willing fan base (of which, I think there is a real split either way).................

Like I said, I am just worried, I never get to see a championship team here in Vancouver :picard:

Ya, too many fans couldn’t handle a rebuild but they can accept not making the playoffs and not winning a cup. Makes no sense.

• Cheers 1

Didn't the Canucks just hire a whole bunch of upper management including female AGM's that were itching to make their mark in the NHL?

Maybe we are just playing the long game but I feel like we could have at least gotten some picks.  Feels more like a Benning deadline.  

• Like 1

Just now, Industrious1 said:

Didn't the Canucks just hire a whole bunch of upper management including female AGM's that were itching to make their mark in the NHL?

Maybe we are just playing the long game but I feel like we could have at least gotten some picks.  Feels more like a Benning deadline.  

Benning TDL or Aquilini TDL?  The philosophy is the owners.  He's steering the ship, and we keep hitting icebergs.  

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Benning TDL or Aquilini TDL?  The philosophy is the owners.  He's steering the ship, and we keep hitting icebergs.  

As soon as we heard Boudreau and Allvin say that Miller is the heart and soul and he is their best player I knew nothing was going to happen. Pinning their hopes on a 30 year old who won’t even break 100 points is typical Canucks.

• Vintage 1