The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks claim Brad Richardson off waivers

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Which center on the farm would you like to see us give a chance to?

I’ll wait.

Also this literally cost us nothing. :lol:

Ya but how come we can’t just have a proper rebuild that will set us up for years. I don’t see how they can build a contending team with all the money they are spending and the ages of some of the players. It just seems all over the place. These moves just seem like they want to try to be competitive at a time where they can’t be.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Pavel the Bure said:

this claim does not make any sense to me, play anybody YOUNG and give them some experience instead of claiming a 37-year old player, I don't care from Calgary or Haiti...

They obviously don't see much in Di Guiseppe, Dries, Focht, Wouters etc.  Although I do think Dries can play the odd game here and there.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya but how come we can’t just have a proper rebuild that will set us up for years. I don’t see how they can build a contending team with all the money they are spending and the ages of some of the players. It just seems all over the place. These moves just seem like they want to try to be competitive at a time where they can’t be.

How does this relate to that at all?

They need somebody who can play fourth line center because Petan can’t, and neither can anyone on the farm.

Don’t overthink it. This is literally a minor depth move that has no impact on future plans.

• Cheers 2

If all Rutherford and Allvin do is substitute Dermott for Hamonic and add Richardson on waivers then this will be a Benning level trade deadline....are they over valuing the players and asking for too much??

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Which center on the farm would you like to see us give a chance to?

I’ll wait.

Also this literally cost us nothing. :lol:

Uhhh... no need to wait, dont want to waste your chess playing time. 

For example, if we are trading away Miller our center depth looks like Pettersson/Horvat/Dickinson/Lammikko/Petan/Dries. 

I'd much rather give an AHL who worked their butts off some games in the NHL then a 37 year old Richardson who is probably retiring in 2 months.

Just now, Podz92 said:

If all Rutherford and Allvin do is substitute Dermott for Hamonic and add Richardson on waivers then this will be a Benning level trade deadline....are they over valuing the players and asking for too much??

Probably fan base over valuing players.  It's like the league has blackballed the owner & franchise or something.  Our only trade partners are Dallas, Florida and now Leafs lol

1 minute ago, Podz92 said:

Nope.

No playoff teams want any of the players we wanna dump, and the ones with actual value they’re not gonna rush into a deal and make bad trade that sets us back.

Patience is a virtue.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Drakrami said:

Uhhh... no need to wait, dont want to waste your chess playing time. 

For example, if we are trading away Miller our center depth looks like Pettersson/Horvat/Dickinson/Lammikko/Petan/Dries. 

I'd much rather give an AHL who worked their butts off some games in the NHL then a 37 year old Richardson who is probably retiring in 2 months.

I stopped reading at trading away Miller.

We’re not trading Miller.

If some people are disappointed with this trade deadline it’s their own fault. Too many pie in the sky proposals that were never gonna happen.

1 minute ago, amplified0ne said:

They obviously don't see much in Di Guiseppe, Dries, Focht, Wouters etc.  Although I do think Dries can play the odd game here and there.

I understand our farm unfortenetly sucks, what I don't undrstand is a differense with/without Richardson? Are we making a playoff after this move, he will be on Canucks roster next year? He cost nothing because we claim him? To me, it's not a move forward after you missing the playoff (and yes we are out!).

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nope.

No playoff teams want any of the players we wanna dump, and the ones with actual value they’re not gonna rush into a deal and make bad trade that sets us back.

Patience is a virtue.

Really no one wants Motte? Find that hard to believe.

• Vintage 1