The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What would Jesus do?

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

Make the playoffs or swing for the first overall pick?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

That is such a beautiful house.

I remember it from before it became Canuck House (is that the correct name); nice big lot too.

It's called Canuck Place Children's Hospice.  It's in the most beautiful area of Vancouver, Shaughnessy.  I visited there many times in my real life.  I love the kids in there.  So much love, especially from the parents.

I would definitely recommend a visit there whenever you have some free time.  You can apply to volunteer there and then meet the kids and the parents.  It would change your life really...

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

At the risk of being labelled "Captain Obvious", my beloved Canucks are on the lower end of the "chance to make the playoffs" scale.

Granted Las Vegas is stumbling at the right time giving Vancouver a game in hand with three games coming up against da-Knights (2H, 1A) and even giving Vancouver a 2-0-1 in those three games, still a tall order.

Now assume that a miracle happens and Vancouver also beats Dallas twice, this would give a Vancouver a chance at squeaking in, barely.

Yes, a tall order of "what-ifs" above and noted that a lot of other "needs to happen" have been left out. Would the playoff experience trump a chance at an impact player? For me, I would lean towards picking well in the draft and try to build for next year. The rationale for me is to try and regain a chance at a high-end prospect (possibly in the top 5). 

For the record I don't think Vancouver will go 2-0-1 against Vegas or 2-0 against Dallas but hope springs eternal. 

Flame away, I have my asbestos underwear on.

You do realize the bottom five teams are 19 points behind us. We'd have to lose every game and have them play 500 hockey down the stretch to amke top 5. There's a higher chance of us making the playoffs. 

Secondly, the coaches job isn't to lose. Maybe you've never played sports but any player that quits trying to win should be moved no matter what name is on the jersey. 

Quitter.jpg.1d829397e5b74f977e23c6bf866136dd.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Whaleroad Train said:

Jesus believes in miracles and Jesus can produce miracles. It will be a miracle if we win the cup, so ............

Then Jesus hates the Canucks because after going up 2-0 in the 2011 Finals Boston had like around 20% chance to win :lol:

Basically the Bruins had their Miracle at the expense of the Canucks

Edited by iinatcc
  • Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

41 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Then Jesus hates the Canucks because after going up 2-0 in the 2011 Finals Boston had like around 20% chance to win :lol:

Basically the Bruins had their Miracle at the expense of the Canucks

Then maybe 2022 is our turn for a miracle.  I'm not going to hold my breath though.

3 minutes ago, Whaleroad Train said:

Then maybe 2022 is our turn for a miracle.  I'm not going to hold my breath though.

At this point, I feel like the day Canucks finally win at the finals the rapture will happen just right before the team captain can hoist the cup

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

At this point, I feel like the day Canucks finally win at the finals the rapture will happen just right before the team captain can hoist the cup

So we ARE going to win the cup in 2022.  Then the nukes fly? 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's called Canuck Place Children's Hospice.  It's in the most beautiful area of Vancouver, Shaughnessy.  I visited there many times in my real life.  I love the kids in there.  So much love, especially from the parents.

I would definitely recommend a visit there whenever you have some free time.  You can apply to volunteer there and then meet the kids and the parents.  It would change your life really...

Thanks, I understand but couldn't remember the name.

Unfortunately I do not travel anymore but I see the great work being done on TV and am proud of the Canucks for helping these people through the most difficult of times.

Take care yourself EP.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You are correct - I had a tour several years ago and it was an experience I will always remember. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

• -DLC- locked this topic