The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Up - Boeser -- Re-Sign or Trade

Rate this topic

HKSR

How Much Will Boeser Get?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, DefCon1 said:

They need to clear cap space so Boeser, Pearson, Chaisson, Halak, Dickenson etc. should all go. I would trade Garland for a young D.

where's halak and chaisson going? they are already UFA.. someone going to trade for halak and his performance bonus while not eligible to play? and you are ridding 3 players that's playing in ur top 6 to spend more money on the D. where's the offense going to come from? with boeser pearson garland all gone like u wanted.. the offense drops off a cliff from miller ep horvat to whatever else.. the zacha's domi or whover else u guys feel like plugging in there aint going to help it.

Duclair has a 3 x 3 contract and has been 0.74 and 0.83 PPG player these last two seasons.

This should be a starting point for Brock if we are talking extension. Not saying he should get the same contract but this is where the discussion should start.

6 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Duclair has a 3 x 3 contract and has been 0.74 and 0.83 PPG player these last two seasons.

This should be a starting point for Brock if we are talking extension. Not saying he should get the same contract but this is where the discussion should start.

Ill take Duclair over boeser anyday.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Out with another wrist injury. 
I really do think he will get moved if there is a market. 
Otherwise I see him taking QO and being traded at deadline. I don’t think there is a deal out there that will work for us and him if he rejected 7X8 from Benning (though I put little faith in rumours). 

lol i wonder what are the chance the canucks walk from boeser.. since everyone in vancouver don't want him here.. no one will be trading for boeser until he's signed to a contract.. and if he's going to take the QO and we take him to arbitration.. if it's anything over 6-6.5mil he might take the 2 years instead of 1 year.. and make him even less tradeable if he doesn't bounce back next year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol i wonder what are the chance the canucks walk from boeser.. since everyone in vancouver don't want him here.. no one will be trading for boeser until he's signed to a contract.. and if he's going to take the QO and we take him to arbitration.. if it's anything over 6-6.5mil he might take the 2 years instead of 1 year.. and make him even less tradeable if he doesn't bounce back next year.

Clearly should have moved Brock at the TDL as a rental.  Now we will likely just walk away from him just to clear the cap.  More lost assets.  

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Clearly should have moved Brock at the TDL as a rental.  Now we will likely just walk away from him just to clear the cap.  More lost assets.  

One could argue that his season was crud and he's been too inconsistent, therefore, an extension at a lower price is reasonable.....in which case why would we move on from him.  I like Boeser.....for the right price.  With that said, I keep asking myself if we're a contender with him.  Maybe it just rubs me the wrong way to not see him skating hard and not finishing checks.

On 4/3/2022 at 4:13 AM, iinatcc said:

Duclair is on his 6th team so far in his career.  His career average is about 40pts.  He is having a breakout year playing on a great Florida team. 

• Like 1

I commented on this in the VGK GDT as well. I suggest we dont qualify Brock and use the cap space to sign a FA RHD.

It would suck to lose Boeser for nothing but honestly i cant see a team giving up more than a 3rd round pick for him at this point.  So if that pick came and didnt pan out its the same as letting BB walk. It would free up some much needed cap space and I think there is enough scoring on the team to make up for the loss of his goals. its a novel approach to managing the assets but it might be what we need to create the cap space with the least amount of affecting the team moving forward