The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Up - Boeser -- Re-Sign or Trade

Rate this topic

HKSR

How Much Will Boeser Get?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

sry what players in their prime forgoes 20-30mil in the history of any sports to give the team a discount that he has no deep roots to? 37.5mil over 5 years? lol... 

Miller have 0 incentives to give the canucks a discount let alone a 20-30mil discount lol...

1 he has no deep roots to the team nor community

2 this team is not a stanley cup contender within the next 2-3 years. playoff contender maybe

3 his family is in us.. 

If Miller gets to UFA status in July 2023 he will be 30.  He’s taking an enormous risk not signing with us this summer or any team we trade him to for 7.5 x 7.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

sry what players in their prime forgoes 20-30mil in the history of any sports to give the team a discount that he has no deep roots to? 37.5mil over 5 years? lol... 

Miller have 0 incentives to give the canucks a discount let alone a 20-30mil discount lol...

2 this team is not a stanley cup contender within the next 2-3 years. playoff contender maybe

3 his family is in us.. 

Miller may not sign with Vancouver, but I can see disappointment in his future if he thinks he'll

be traded to a team that can pay him what peeps around here are saying.  Name me a team

that has the salary cap and assets that can make that trade.

Significant NHL player +  significant prospect + 1st  for $8.5mx8yrs Miller

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Miller gets to UFA status in July 2023 he will be 30.  He’s taking an enormous risk not signing with us this summer or any team we trade him to for 7.5 x 7.  

what risk is he taking? unless he tanks next season.. if teams are wiling to give 8 years big contract to players 29 like zib? why wouldn't team give him a 7 year contract that takes him to the exact same age? 

karlsson signed till 37-38

price signed till 38

zib signed till 37

bobrovsky signed till 38

doughty signed till 37

there's probably plenty more that have a big contract signed till 37

what risk is there for teams signing him to 8.5 if they are a contender? if u are contending obviously you go for it now.. who cares about the cap consequence in the future? with the cap starting to go up 1mil every season and then the big TV deal kicking in.. the risk is relatively low for a contender.. 

do people really think like if say the cap is at 90mil 95mil in 5-6 years down the road. the top players would still be paid 11mil only? they'll probably be closer to 13-14mil a season.. as the salary cap increases.. the top tier players salary increases exponentially with it. and who knows in 3 years time when we have to renew EP's contract.. we might be looking at 10mil+.. not that he's a 10mil+ player right now.. it's just what 8mil players looks like in 2-3 years with the cap increase.. just like when crosby signed his 8.5mil contract.. it's pretty much equivalent to mcdavid's current contract when signed..

20 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

3 his family is in us.. 

Your number 2 is dead wrong.. if we drop Boeser and Garland, sign Miller and toughen up the incoming bottom six players, and add  a RHD that will make us a contender. Klimovich might be a Godsend like Podz but that's a wait and see. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

3 his family is in us.. 

it’s all about opportunities,  this is a selfless player with the true meaning of Team in his stride.

It was Vancouver who gave him this opportunity to bring out his best,  he looks very comfortable here, not being surrounded by egos and big names,   He left that behind in Tampa.

Here his own growth is paired with his Team and the young players surrounding him.

Millers comments , 

“I try to feel like I'm never satisfied,” Miller said when asked about eclipsing 90 points. “I've gotten an amazing opportunity since I've been here. I get to play in every situation, which is something I've worked for my whole career. But that being said, it doesn't really mean sh-- to me if we don't play in the playoffs. It's great, but I'm not in this for the personal gain.

“Like I tell you guys, when I'm playing well, points come and when that happens, we win more games. I really just want to play in the playoffs because when you score in the playoffs, that's what really means a lot.”

• Like 3

1 minute ago, iceman64 said:

Your number 2 is dead wrong.. if we drop Boeser and Garland, sign Miller and toughen up the incoming bottom six players, and add  a RHD that will make us a contender. Klimovich might be a Godsend like Podz but that's a wait and see. 

I’d hate to see Garland go ,.  
I think Boeser and the Clib are going t go through arbitration, and then trade..

or the club will allow him to talk to other teams after the regular season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iceman64 said:

lmao dead wrong? so u drop 2 to 6 and refill it with bottom 6 and a RHD and we are a contender?? seriously what are you smoking. because chiasson is doing ok right now in the to 6?? you are telling me a top 6 of pearson chiasson podz is good enough?? podz have done decent this year but he is no where near a top line player atm.. you are literally going to have Miller and then pray chiasson and podz can be a top line player?

at most that'll make us a playoff contender.. no where close to a stanley cup contender.. the top 6 looks so weak outside of miller ep horvat.. the bottom 6 production is non existent ever since we gotten rid of motte.. all the goals that have been scored by them were all attributed to horvat miller or EP.. they haven't generated anything by themselves.. signing miller would be the biggest mistake this club makes unless he takes a super team friendly deal again we have no reason to believe he will.. you can't name 1 person in this league that have forgoe 20-30+ million to help a team out lol.. not even the Sedins would have done it. ask anyone if they would give up 20-30 million for a "chance" to win a cup. the answer is probably no. otherwise why are the mcdavids of the world signing to max contracts?? is his goal not to win a cup??

Edited by wai_lai416

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

it’s all about opportunities,  this is a selfless player with the true meaning of Team in his stride.

It was Vancouver who gave him this opportunity to bring out his best,  he looks very comfortable here, not being surrounded by egos and big names,   He left that behind in Tampa.

Here his own growth is paired with his Team and the young players surrounding him.

Millers comments , 

“I try to feel like I'm never satisfied,” Miller said when asked about eclipsing 90 points. “I've gotten an amazing opportunity since I've been here. I get to play in every situation, which is something I've worked for my whole career. But that being said, it doesn't really mean sh-- to me if we don't play in the playoffs. It's great, but I'm not in this for the personal gain.

“Like I tell you guys, when I'm playing well, points come and when that happens, we win more games. I really just want to play in the playoffs because when you score in the playoffs, that's what really means a lot.”

lol a selfless player doesn't give up on plays repeatedly throughout the season... he has ME first written all over him.. if he's last man beaten? gives up.. if he turns the puck over? don't bother trying to recover.. tries to play hero in OT going 1v3 and gets beaten? glide slowly head down to the bench not even caring the play going the other way... great offensive player and good faceoff guy.. terrible body language when coughs up pucks or playing in defensive zone.

what he said doesn't mean anything.. literally all the player would have said the same stuff.. that's literally like E Kane saying the exact same crap he's been giving an amazing opportunity since he got to edmonton playing with the best player in the world blah blah blah... so does that make him a selfless player? i mean what do you expect him to say? he is what he is today because of his hard work and he belleves in his own ability and vancouver have nothing to do with it? 

Edited by wai_lai416

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol a selfless player doesn't give up on plays repeatedly throughout the season... he has ME first written all over him.. if he's last man beaten? gives up.. if he turns the puck over? don't bother trying to recover.. tries to play hero in OT going 1v3 and gets beaten? glide slowly head down to the bench not even caring the play going the other way..

what he said doesn't mean anything.. literally all the player would have said the same stuff.. that's literally like E Kane saying the exact same crap he's been giving an amazing opportunity since he got to edmonton playing with the best player in the world blah blah blah... so does that make him a selfless player? i mean what do you expect him to say? he is what he is today because of his hard work and he belleves in his own ability and vancouver have nothing to do with it? 

5 assists last night..  62 on the season..

he puts the puck where it needs to go to get the job done.

The way he plays every night,.  The exhaustion he plays to , looking for the right time to line change. . Who dosent make mistakes?  All the good one do..

They all break their sticks, slam the doors and chirp at the ref..  

Anyone can hen peck a good player,.  That’s what your doing.

Easy, hen pecked complaints won’t distract from what this player brings.

Look who we were missing last night, look what he accomplished,.  With a rookie, and a player some think should be retired.

He brings the best out of this team, because this team has given him the opportunity to be his best..  he quoted that.

That affirmation,  not many players understand.

he does.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The way he plays every night,.  The exhaustion he plays to , looking for the right time to line change. . Who dosent make mistakes?  All the good one do..

Look who we were missing last night, look what he accomplished,.  With a rookie, and a player some think should be retired.

He brings the best out of this team, because this team has given him the opportunity to be his best..  he quoted that.

he does.

I get that he likes the team and wants to stay.  But how does that translate that he will give the team a team friendly discount?  

At the end of the day, it’s a business.  Especially when Hertl got $8M x 8yrs and Zib got $8.5M x 8yrs.  Maybe they gave their respective teams a friendly discount.  With Miller stellar performance, I’m thinking it’s at least $9M x 8yrs.

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lmao dead wrong? so u drop 2 to 6 and refill it with bottom 6 and a RHD and we are a contender?? seriously what are you smoking. because chiasson is doing ok right now in the to 6?? you are telling me a top 6 of pearson chiasson podz is good enough?? podz have done decent this year but he is no where near a top line player atm.. you are literally going to have Miller and then pray chiasson and podz can be a top line player?

at most that'll make us a playoff contender.. no where close to a stanley cup contender.. the top 6 looks so weak outside of miller ep horvat.. the bottom 6 production is non existent ever since we gotten rid of motte.. all the goals that have been scored by them were all attributed to horvat miller or EP.. they haven't generated anything by themselves.. signing miller would be the biggest mistake this club makes unless he takes a super team friendly deal again we have no reason to believe he will.. you can't name 1 person in this league that have forgoe 20-30+ million to help a team out lol.. not even the Sedins would have done it. ask anyone if they would give up 20-30 million for a "chance" to win a cup. the answer is probably no. otherwise why are the mcdavids of the world signing to max contracts?? is his goal not to win a cup??

Ok lol I'll explain it later but that's not what I was getting at and you'll see what I mean but I need to ask this, have you been watching Podz play lately? He's picking it up game by game and looking like he could slot into 2-3 line for a long time, it's not his skill that was ever in question, it was the length of adjustment time he'd need here like most Euro's need (with exceptions) 

Now, he's probably running at 60-70% max of his ceiling and all he needs is more ice time.. 

Finish this off later and you'll have a better idea of what I mean after I explain it 

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

he does.

so if there's a game on the line because he played to exhaustion it's ok for him to just give up and not even make an effort? coz he directly led to 2 OT loss that stands out.. wouldn't the 2 points be nice now. but it's ok because he have 5 assist last night..

19 hours ago, iceman64 said:

......................don't forget the back-up goaltender needs!

Boeser has not been worth the money he's currently signed for this season. 

They've played well with out him when he's not in the line up. I know the guy can score but the other parts of his game seem to have flattened out. 

He's just not worth the kind of money he's sure to be seeking. 

Obvious cap space.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

How handcuffed are the Canucks with Boeser?  Not sure if this is close to accurate, but are the options:

- they can either re-sign him cheaper before the end of the season (?), or

- they have to pay him his QO of $7.5 next season

???

And if they pay him $7.5, he could be tough to trade if he continues to underperform.  If he can score 25-30 goals a season consistently, then it would seem a fair salary?  Mind you, it's been 3 years since Boeser scored 25+ goals. He's also never played close to a full season.

What to do with Brock

15 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

so if there's a game on the line because he played to exhaustion it's ok for him to just give up and not even make an effort? coz he directly led to 2 OT loss that stands out.. wouldn't the 2 points be nice now. but it's ok because he have 5 assist last night..

Funny how it’s a team game and your all over this players back.

im not trying to make excuses for what ever your problem is.

But if it’s about this one player,.  He is our best, usually night in and out.

Ill leave you with your problems.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

How handcuffed are the Canucks with Boeser?  Not sure if this is close to accurate, but are the options:

- they can either re-sign him cheaper before the end of the season (?), or

- they have to pay him his QO of $7.5 next season

???

And if they pay him $7.5, he could be tough to trade if he continues to underperform.  If he can score 25-30 goals a season consistently, then it would seem a fair salary?  Mind you, it's been 3 years since Boeser scored 25+ goals. He's also never played close to a full season.

What to do with Brock

Talk to the Wild , get him back home..

Let discussions between the Wild and Boeser take place about a contract.

If they can come to an agreement, I think the Wild and Vancouver would try to work out a package.

I don’t think Brock’s dad is doing to well,  could have a lot to do with where his head is, or wants to be.

edit: the Wilds 1st round pick is still available next year. (26th)

Edited by SilentSam

I don’t see any rush to trade Miller.  His contract value/player performance is far too valuable to the team for next season.  And yes they will be a playoff team next year, which likely means he is extended before the deadline. They can adjust in that offseason. 

It’s Boeser they really have to make a decision on. And in this scenario I’d give him a 1 year QO and see how he performs next year.  Trade the asset if you’re not convinced 

Edited by 70seven
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, 70seven said:

I don’t see any rush to trade Miller.  His contract value/player performance is far too valuable to the team for next season.  And yes they will be a playoff team next year, which likely means he is extended before the deadline. They can adjust in that offseason. 

It’s Boeser they really have to make a decision on. 

Yep.  That's about it.  Close to 6 million is a lot of help on the right side.    Brock didn't do his job this year any way you slice it.   That said he did it the year before.    

• Upvote 2