The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avalanche | 630pm PST | SNET1 "The Uno"

Rate this topic

diesel_3

GO CANUCKS GO!!

That Avs vid really got me goin'!

Today, we call the team, The Boys; those hockey players were Men.

Half the teams today would be in the hospital, if not the morgue.

I don't miss the angst of seeing players get hurt; but I sure miss Canucks beat'n the crap out of the other teams.

You got my dinosaur blood boiling Diesel, thanks!

GO CANUCKS GO!!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

GO CANUCKS GO!!

That Avs vid really got me goin'!

Today, we call the team, The Boys; those hockey players were Men.

Half the teams today would be in the hospital, if not the morgue.

I don't miss the angst of seeing players get hurt; but I sure miss Canucks beat'n the crap out of the other teams.

You got my dinosaur blood boiling Diesel, thanks!

GO CANUCKS GO!!

Old time Hackey!

It's funny thinking late 90s is now old time hockey. Wow, i'm getting old, too.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

If anybody has a good line combo resource other than what we are using, Bachelor/Drancer still have Motte in the lineup haha.

The last interview with Bruce posted on here; he listed several players that will not go on the trip (Hogz, I remember and a couple more); but other than that, we've got a full flight of Raging Rascals Rampaging through the Mile High City!

We ain't afraid o' no avelanch:

I need to do this | Skier, Avalanche, Animation

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

We are going to get beat so bad.  Our guys just went through a TDL where many of them wondered if they were getting traded.  No legs this game.  

Demko gets another rest after period one's onslaught.  Big Beat Down in Denver.

Just now, JM_ said:

we were never going to be that bad. 

I'm curious to see if the guys play a little bit better now the TDL is over, I think that was having an effect a lot of them.

Do teams that want to get the high picks (top 3) tank with a goalie like Demko?  It can't be done.  

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

I remember watching this scrap as a kid thinking Jovo Cop was an absolute killer.

For any young fans, Adam Deadmarsh never played after this due to concussions.

We gave up Bure to get Jovo Cop.  I'm hoping PA/JR can move Miller to get a similar D man to Jovo.  Big, mean, skilled.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Back to meh-ville. Not good enough for the playoffs. Too good for a top 5 pick. 

Yep, this is the worst place to be. 

The best thing for our long term success would be a true tear-it-down rebuild then drafting and building up a stable of young, elite talent. But this ownership, clearly, has no appetite for this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

or the team plays very relaxed knowing that they are here for the duration ( and Hamonic is gonzo).

the stress of the trade deadline where the media had us trading half the team away is now gone. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Yep, this is the worst place to be. 

The best thing for our long term success would be a true tear-it-down rebuild then drafting and building up a stable of young, elite talent. But this ownership, clearly, has no appetite for this.

this owner wants to retool and even then he won't allow the retool to go deep enough.  We see us against top teams and it's clear we are missing a lot.  We have Demko, Hughes, and an aging Miller.  That's it.  Even Bo struggles in matchups against top players.  Tonight will get ugle very early.  Demko can't save this game.

Really not sure what to expect. COL is far and away the better team, but COL might be looking at the Canucks coming in as an easy win. Some of the Canucks players struggled through the TDL, but now that it's over, maybe they play a more focused game. I'd love to see an upset.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

this owner wants to retool and even then he won't allow the retool to go deep enough.  We see us against top teams and it's clear we are missing a lot.  We have Demko, Hughes, and an aging Miller.  That's it.  Even Bo struggles in matchups against top players.  Tonight will get ugle very early.  Demko can't save this game.

Bah!

Alf needs scotch.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

CDC Pregame (no lineups):

Spoiler

PREVIEW | Canucks at Avalanche

by Canucks Communications @Canucks / Vancouver Canucks
 6:00 AM
cut.jpg

CANUCKS VS AVALANCHE PREVIEW

TV: Sportsnet Pacific & Sportsnet One
Radio: SN650

MATCH-UP INFO

• Tonight marks the third and final meeting between Vancouver and Colorado this season: Nov. 11 (7-1 L), Nov. 17 (4-2 L) Mar. 23 (away).
  • The Canucks have a 75-65-15-13 all-time record against the Avalanche, including a 35-34-8-6 record on the road against Colorado.
  • The Canucks are 4-3-3 in their last 10 games vs Colorado (1-2-2 in their last 5).
  • Among active Canucks skaters, Oliver Ekman-Larrson leads the team in career scoring vs Colorado with 20 points (8-12-20) in 39 games.
  • Thatcher Demko has faced the Avalanche four times in his career (1-2-1), owning an .845 SV% and a 4.72 GAA.
  • Jaroslav Halak has a record of 6-6-2 in 15 games vs Colorado, posting a .906 SV% and a 2.77 GAA.

QUICK NUMBERS

LAST MEETING - NOV. 17/21: VAN 2 vs COL 4

Conor Garland evened the score with his fourth goal of the season at 8:52 in the second period...Jason Dickinson and Tucker Poolman registered the assists...Tucker Poolman notched his first goal as a Canuck at 1:30 in the third period for his second career multi-point game (1-1-2)...Tyler Motte and Juho Lammikko each recorded their first points of the season with assists on the play...Conor Garland led all Canucks in shots (5)...Travis Hamonic led the team in blocked shots (5) and tied Jason Dickinson for most hits (3)...Bo Horvat won 17 of 26 face-offs...Thatcher Demko made 26 saves.

LAST GAME PLAYED - MAR. 20/22: VAN 2 vs BUF 3 (OT)

J.T. Miller opened up scoring for the Canucks with a goal at 2:31 in the second period...Conor Garland and Luke Schenn registered assists on the play...Bo Horvat scored a power play goal assisted by J.T. Miller and Quinn Hughes...Bo Horvat and Elias Pettersson led the team in shots (4)...Horvat led the team in blocked shots (3) and won 13 face-offs (72%)...Quinn Hughes led the game in TOI (26:13)...Thatcher Demko faced 29 shots.

RECENT TRANSACTIONS

• Sheldon Rempal and Noah Juulsen assigned to Abbotsford, Mar. 21
  • Vasily Podkolzin and Nic Petan transferred to Abbotsford and recalled to Vancouver for the purpose of making them eligible to play in the AHL Calder
  • Cup Playoffs, Mar. 21
  • Brad Richardson claimed off waivers from Calgary, Mar. 21
  • Travis Dermott acquired from Toronto in exchange for 3rd round pick (2022, via WPG), Mar. 20
  • 3rd round pick (2022) acquired from Ottawa in exchange for Travi Hamonic, Mar. 20
  • Sheldon Rempal and Noah Juulsen recalled from Abbotsford, Mar. 17
  • Sheldon Rempal and Noah Juulsen reassigned to Abbotsford, Mar. 16

HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?

J.T. Miller (25-50-75 in 62 GP) recorded 50 assists in a season for the first time in his career. Only three players in franchise history have reached the mark in fewer contests: Henrik Sedin (49 GP in 2010-11, 50 GP in 2009-10, 58 GP in 2011-12 &60 GP in 2007-08), Daniel Sedin (52 GP in 2009-10) and Andres Boudrias (59 GP in 1974-75).

MAGNIFICENT MILLER

Contributing to both his team's goals with a goal and assist in a 3-2 overtime defeat to the Sabres on Mar. 20, J.T. Miller's 21-22 has seen him reach 75 points. Only 6 times in Canucks franchise history has a player hit the mark in fewer games.

STREAK-KING

With three assists on Mar. 15 vs NJD, J.T. Miller extended the NHL's longest active point streak to 13 games (8-19-27) becoming the seventh player in Canucks history to record a point streak of 13 or more games and first since Ryan Kesler extended his stretch to 13 games over 12 years ago (6-9-15 in 13 GP from Feb. 6 - March 14, 2010).

Miller tied Stan Smyl, Pavel Bure, and Ryan Kesler on Tuesday vs NJD for the third-longest point streak (13 games) in club history.

Previously during this streak, Miller became the second player in 2021-22 to record multiple point streaks of at least nine games, joining Auston Matthews (10 GP &9 GP), and the only player in the NHL to record three separate point streaks of 8+ games this season.

• Feb. 6-Mar. 15, 8-19-27, 13 GP
  • Dec. 6-Jan. 1, 3-10-13, 9 GP
  • Oct. 30-Nov. 14, 6-4-10, 8 GP

SPEEDY SEVENTY

Extending his point-streak to a career-high 12 games (8-16-24) with a goal on Mar. 13 vs TBL, J.T. Miller reached 70 points (24-46-70) on the season, requiring the ninth-fewest games (58) in club history to reach the milestone, and the fewest since Daniel Sedin (55) in 2010-11.

BO KNOWS GOALS

Potting consecutive goals on Mar. 11 vs WSH, Bo Horvat recorded his fifth career 20-goal season and his fifth in the last six seasons, becoming just the 13th player in franchise history to do so. He now has sole possession of third-most 20-goal seasons among primary centres in Canucks history (Gradin [7], Kesler [6])

QUINNTASTIC

Quinn Hughes (1-2-3) recorded his 11th career three-point outing on Mar. 11 vs WSH, tying Dennis Kearns for the third-most in Canucks history by a defenseman, behind Jyrki Lumme (16) and Alexander Edler (12).

On Mar. 5 at TOR, Hughes also joined Pavel Bure as the only player to get two career 40+ assist seasons with the Canucks by age 23 or younger.

POWER PLAY PETEY

Netting the GWG on the power play on Mar. 9 vs MTL, Elias Pettersson tied Dennis Ververgaert for fifth-most PPG (29) by a Canucks player before age 24 (Tanti [69], Linden [59], Bure [47], Blight [33]).

FOUR POINT FRENZY

Collecting four-points (1-3-4) on Mar. 9 vs MTL, J.T. Miller became the first Canucks player with three four-point games in a season since Markus Naslund in 2003-04.

CURRENT INJURIES

• Nils Hoglander - 3 games
  • Jason Dickinson - 11 games
  • Kyle Burroughs - 13 games
  • Tucker Poolman - 21 games
  • Brady Keeper - 64 games
  • Brandon Sutter - 64 games

Total man games lost (due to injuries or illness): 334 games