The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Mar. 24, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yep to all of this.    I do think we could play spoilers against Vegas which would be a nice win.   And also think their will be a collective sigh of relief in the Western conference when we are eliminated.   If we aren't a lot of nail biting lol. 

I'm hoping it comes down to the final game of the season against EDM. Win and in... And we send the soilers golfing ::D

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

3 out of 4 points on the road back to back nights against Colorado and Overtime in Minnesota the next night after landing in Minny at 3:00AM and at their hotel at 4:00AM.

Horrible biased Officiating in both games and allowing Minny's goons free reign.

On to Dallas on Saturday

^ this.

No one should expect points in both games on the road in back to back games. Miller was 1/4 of a puck width from winning that game. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

These are good games, gives management a real good idea of what they have. They'll figure out who will form the new core in the off season and make improvements. I think the Canucks need to get bigger and faster, able to stand up to any team physically.  When OEL is the go-to tough guy to jump in and save the day, there's a problem.

Wouldn't that be wild if they didn't trade Bo or Miller, but these guys instead, to get tougher and meaner.

Pettersson

Garland

Boeser

I feel that Myers also needs to be traded. He makes too much and the refs just love to give him head shot penalties after legal hits. The guy is a giant, but he won't fight.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

These are good games, gives management a real good idea of what they have. They'll figure out who will form the new core in the off season and make improvements. I think the Canucks need to get bigger and faster, able to stand up to any team physically.  When OEL is the go-to tough guy to jump in and save the day, there's a problem.

Wouldn't that be wild if they didn't trade Bo or Miller, but these guys instead, to get tougher and meaner.

Pettersson

Garland

Boeser

I feel that Myers also needs to be traded. He makes too much and the refs just love to give him head shot penalties after legal hits. The guy is a giant, but he won't fight.

we don't need to trade those guys to make space for players like a  Foglino (3.1 mil) and Greenway (2.1). We need to figure out how to move Pearson, Dickinson and Poolman and replace them with some more size and grit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yep to all of this.    I do think we could play spoilers against Vegas which would be a nice win.   And also think their will be a collective sigh of relief in the Western conference when we are eliminated.   If we aren't a lot of nail biting lol. 

Other than Demko getting hot we are not a team built for the playoffs like Minni. 
When the whistles get put away short of murder our lineup of Lilliputians aren’t intimidating anyone. 
This is a roster built to scrape into the playoffs and save a bad GMs job (which it didn’t succeed in). 

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yes, Miller is very much overrated.  With that we agree.  Fans tend to overlook the defensive deficiencies in players, of which Miller has many. ,

Which is why he PK's and plays the final 2 minutes every game we're trying to hold a lead. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, JM_ said:

we don't need to trade those guys to make space for players like a  Foglino (3.1 mil) and Greenway (2.1). We need to figure out how to move Pearson, Dickinson and Poolman and replace them with some more size and grit. 

You are identifying two of our biggest and grittiest forwards as what needs to move to get bigger and grittier. 
I know they are neither really big or really gritty (though Pearson is very under appreciated in this) but that is the state of this team. 
We need to not have 2-4 players under 6 foot on the ice at a time. There can be room for Garland, Hoglander, Petterson, Hughes but not when you are also rolling out Petan and Hunt.  Also need some players out there that are making room for. I also think that is too much of our high end that is just little. 
Even next level of what is coming like Rathbone and Lockwood are small. 

Edited by DrJockitch

9 hours ago, Muttley said:

Look at the whack Bo takes at at just over the 36 second mark;

Yep, these "tough" guys also get to use their sticks. I'd be a tough guy out there if I could whack guys with a hockey stick.

Refs are such trash these days. In the third, you can see Minny get tired and lazy/dirty. Yet they didn't call this because ? (they'd already called 2 against them that period? The timing of the slash...because the Canucks had some momentum?).

Minny are d bags.

But he didn't mean it, right? (was 150% an intentional slash, where he lined it up first)

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Other than Demko getting hot we are not a team built for the playoffs like Minni. 
When the whistles get put away short of murder our lineup of Lilliputians aren’t intimidating anyone. 
This is a roster built to scrape into the playoffs and save a bad GMs job (which it didn’t succeed in). 

Minny isn't much different then it was when we took them down last time.   Hartman and Foligno were there then, and they were the second best defensive team in the league at that time (lacked offense for sure)...  I wouldn't be placing any bets we couldn't beat them in a seven game series...that said i doubt we get the chance to either. 

Just now, IBatch said:

Minny isn't much different then it was when we took them down last time.   Hartman and Foligno were there then, and they were the second best defensive team in the league at that time (lacked offense for sure)...  I wouldn't be placing any bets we couldn't beat them in a seven game series...that said i doubt we get the chance to either. 

Ummm, they are a lot different. They have those guys yes and they are creating a lot of room for a certain player (KK) who brings this team to an entirely different level. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Ummm, they are a lot different. They have those guys yes and they are creating a lot of room for a certain player (KK) who brings this team to an entirely different level. 

Yes they are different but not this dialogue that they are too tough to handle is silly.   Again - in the bubble, they had an even better D then they do now .... and were still "gritty".   Soucy was the guy that stood out as was Hartman.   

Edited by IBatch

25 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I don't know, I can't get that image of Pettersson taking that punch to the face by Larkin, with zero response from him. Didn't even try to defend himself at all. I think this could be telling. What if that was the SCF?  Holy Daniel Sedin flashbacks.

• Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, JM_ said:

^ this.

No one should expect points in both games on the road in back to back games. Miller was 1/4 of a puck width from winning that game. 

The Canucks had their legs in the first, but seemed to wear down a bit. Valiant effort, to hang with Minni through the entire game. The crap after the whistles has to be called, especially on our goalies. How many times do you see it? A fabulous chance on one end, and a goal going back the other way. Terrible travel plans, or scheduling plans.

• Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Pettersson

Garland

Boeser

No.   Simply NO.  Bad dog!   Someone needs to score.    Myers was awesome in the bubble but agree they were whistle happy as crap.    

• Haha 1