The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Mar. 24, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I have zero comprehension of why people want to move Garland? He's the hardest working player on the ice. He's got a great contract and he puts points up 5v5 I don't think people understand just how good Garland has been. Crazy to me to move him.  

Edited by hammertime

Just now, hammertime said:

I have zero comprehension of what people want to move Garland? He's the hardest working player on the ice. He's got a great contract and he puts points up 5v5 I don't think people understand just how good Garland has been. Crazy to me to move him.  

Garland is small, and plays a very east/west game.  He's not any harder working than other players.  He just appears to be because he has little short legs that move quicker than guys with longer legs.  He's for sure gone this summer.  

15 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Right, so I think it's either Garland or Boeser if we are making a big splash.  Crouse would be my primary target.  He'd be perfect on the Canucks.

NAh Brocks not getting the big return because he's not worth his QO or anything remotely close. Garland is better than Crousse so no thanks. 

• Cheers 1

Of course Bettman and his posy would prefer McJesus in the play-offs over Miller. He sells the game with his super skill. The NHL does not want the Nucks in the show. It's obvious.

BB now getting a taste of bias woes. If the league cared, they would be more consistent and accountable for their officiating. They would also fix the unjust cap system. It's a business and they are a monopoly league that's always flirting with the balance between integrity and making more money. We know where Bettman stands and he represents the majority of owners. It's an unprofessional professional sport. I thought the league wanted to be tough on boarding, head shots and cross checks. Last two games suggest otherwise. It's all about a hidden agenda that includes money. 

That doesn't excuse the Nucks, they started playing way too late in the year to have a real shot at anything.

GCG 

9 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I have zero comprehension of why people want to move Garland? He's the hardest working player on the ice. He's got a great contract and he puts points up 5v5 I don't think people understand just how good Garland has been. Crazy to me to move him.  

Well I've said before I'll say it again.  I'd like a forward for a dman swap and I want a good dman.

My preference is to trade Chiasson for Hedman but something tells me that won't work. To get value one must give value. The value that I think works best is Garland. Could be BB as well but not sure another team bites on that.

Edited by Chris12345

5 minutes ago, hammertime said:

NAh Brocks not getting the big return because he's not worth his QO or anything remotely close. Garland is better than Crousse so no thanks. 

I won't get into Brock, but I'm not convinced Garland is better than Crouse.  You do realize Crouse is on pace for 26 goals this year right?  He's a pain in the ass to play against too... all 6'4" 220lbs of him.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Well I've said before I'll say it again.  I'd like a forward for a dman swap and I want a good dman.

My preference is to trade Chiasson for Hedman but something tells me that won't work. Do get value one must give value. The value that I think works best is Garland.

I've been looking from team to team, I don't even know what RHD we could target right now.  Most teams that have a Top 4 RHD, don't exactly want to move  them.

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

I won't get into Brock, but I'm not convinced Garland is better than Crouse.  You do realize Crouse is on pace for 26 goals this year right?  He's a pain in the ass to play against too... all 6'4" 220lbs of him.

Yea we have argued about ths but I think the Canucks have too many small players. You probably give up some skill for beef and that's ok.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I've been looking from team to team, I don't even know what RHD we could target right now.  Most teams that have a Top 4 RHD, don't exactly want to move  them.

Oh yea I agree. It's not easy. I'd be looking to make a deal like that just like how I look for low gas prices hahahaha.

You look but rarely find.

Edited by Chris12345

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

Oh yea I agree. It's not easy. I'd be looking to make a deal like that just like how I look for low gas prices hahahaha.

You look but rarely find.

hahaha, but we're getting relief cheques from ICBC!  Lol!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Yea we have argued about this I think but I think the Canucks have too many small players. You probably give up some skill for beef and that's ok.

I'm ok swapping Crouse for Garland.  I think offensively, they contribute about the same.  I think it'd be costly to acquire Crouse though.  It would probably start with Hoglander and a 1st. 

59 minutes ago, HKSR said:

No, I don't think every player has to do everything well, but I think a player in the top 6 should be able to contribute offensively.  Throwing a big and tough guy on to Petey's line just for the sake of protection would be a poor coaching move in my opinion. 

I didn't mean you specifically, and I was in this mode myself, for example with Gudbranson.

These guys sit, for the most part, can be 13th fwd for example, and guys with speed, smarts, and size+tough can play on the fourth line.

There are always injuries, and if there are openings, and if we're in the playoffs, we can bring them up & in and go after the other team.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, sxqhfeh said:

Henrik Sedin's contract 2001-2004 total $3,689,500, 2005 1,250,000, 2006-2009 total $10,725,000, Pettersson 22.5 mi for 3 yr, 7.35/yr, compare how much he makes and what he can bring to the team now he IS trash, can he be better? big question mark, if someone offer some practice pucks now, they should take it!

Petey played 22 minutes last night. That's more than any other forward, yes including Miller and Horvat.

Miller may be the best offensive player, but Petey is the best two way player on this team. 

It's shame that his injury is preventing him from playing center right now.

Henrik wasn't getting prime icetime in 2001-04. The Sedins were still establishing themselves in the league. Petey's already got pretty good offensive game and near elite defensive game. He just needs to elevate his offensive game and we are looking at a special player.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, mll said:

Those 2 are definitely not available - Ek is as untouchable as it gets.  Guerin got tonnes of call on him and locked him up for 8 years at an incredible cap hit.  He also just extended Greenway.  He just raves about that line.  

Hmmm, I wonder what good GMs see in players like that?