The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Boudreau coming back?

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

There is absolutely no reason for Boudreau not to be re-signed!

There is no cap on Coaches salaries, It in no way affects the players Cap

The Players want him re-signed

He wants to re-sign

We want him to re-sign

Give him his 3 years, He already has earned every penny of it

There are actually lots of reasons not to re-sign Bruce.

There are also lots of reason to re-sign him. Hopefully he decides to stay as our coach.

9 hours ago, gurn said:

There are actually lots of reasons not to re-sign Bruce.

There are also lots of reason to re-sign him. Hopefully he decides to stay as our coach.

Aside from becoming really old, tell me other reasons why he should not be re-signed? And dont bring playoff records since we have to make them first.

43 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Aside from becoming really old, tell me other reasons why he should not be re-signed? And dont bring playoff records since we have to make them first.

Management may simply want some one else.

They didn't hire him, and would like to bring in their own guy. It happens.

Personally I hope he stays.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 7:03 AM, Mackcanuck said:

He wants to re-sign

We want him to re-sign

JR allready made it clear - NO RESIGN OR EXTENSION!

If BB wants to come back, he has a 1 year option he can excercise.  Thats it.   Over & Out!

13 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Button doesn't think Bruce will return. 

Most people who have any pride in their body wouldn't either.   JR made things perfectly clear that there are a lot of problems with this team and many of them have to do with the way the team is coached.   I don't know about you, but I understand english perfectly well and if that isn't "a shot across the bow" by JR - i don't know what is.  

2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Most people who have any pride in their body wouldn't either.   JR made things perfectly clear that there are a lot of problems with this team and many of them have to do with the way the team is coached.   I don't know about you, but I understand english perfectly well and if that isn't "a shot across the bow" by JR - i don't know what is.  

He also mentioned that Bruce didn't have a full year and that they wanted to work with him on "some things" for next year.  I took that to mean that they weren't sure that the coaching issues were actually due to BB.  

If I was BB, would I excercise a 1 year option or sign a 3 year offer if another team came my way?

I know what I'd do.

Seems weird that JR and Allvin are playing hardball with our coach. The best one we've had since AV.

Does anyone know when BB needs to decide by?

With Trotz available, I wouldnt want to miss out on any potential candidates if BB leaves.

Hopefully if another team comes with an offer, Canucks match...

I really like BB for this team

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

If I was BB, would I excercise a 1 year option or sign a 3 year offer if another team came my way?

I know what I'd do.

Seems weird that JR and Allvin are playing hardball with our coach. The best one we've had since AV.

With Trotz available, I wouldnt want to miss out on any potential candidates if BB leaves.

He has to June 1 to decide.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I don't think management is playing hardball with BB at all. 

They've been pretty clear about what both parties agreed to when he was hired. The team exercised it's option so now it's over to Bruce. He wasn't forced to signed the deal when he was hired so why is there an expectation in the media and this market that he's suddenly owed an additional extension based on a portion of a season?

Now I'm not an analytics person at all and I find it all quite overwhelming tbh, but outside of the shiny and sparkly record the second half of the season, there's a lot of analytics that suggest that the way this team plays, the "structure" if you will, is not that good and not conducive to longer term winning. Which is why I believe management is not sold on Bruce and  may want to institute a coach or staff sooner rather than later so that will be able to create the analytics-positive data that they want to see as soon as possible. 

Maybe they're actually hoping he opts out of his option?  I think the option deadline is mid-June. We'll see. 

39 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I know what I'd do.

Not our choice.  Totally up to BB.  If he signs the extra year, then we have to accept.  If he's going to sign with another team, which he's definitely looking right now to see if he can get a better deal, then we can sign Trotz.  

2 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

They've been pretty clear about what both parties agreed to when he was hired. The team exercised it's option so now it's over to Bruce. He wasn't forced to signed the deal when he was hired so why is there an expectation in the media and this market that he's suddenly owed an additional extension based on a portion of a season?

Now I'm not an analytics person at all and I find it all quite overwhelming tbh, but outside of the shiny and sparkly record the second half of the season, there's a lot of analytics that suggest that the way this team plays, the "structure" if you will, is not that good and not conducive to longer term winning. Which is why I believe management is not sold on Bruce and  may want to institute a coach or staff sooner rather than later so that will be able to create the analytics-positive data that they want to see as soon as possible. 

Maybe they're actually hoping he opts out of his option?  I think the option deadline is mid-June. We'll see. 

I think JR is hoping BB finds a job elsewhere too.  His comments certainly lead that direction.  Similar to the "six year" deal for Miller he floated.  JR made hints that there are BIG changes coming to the club, and Boudreau might be the first one out.

• Cheers 2

On 4/28/2022 at 8:03 AM, Mackcanuck said:

He wants to re-sign

We want him to re-sign

then you should pay him since the money doesn't matter. 

4 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

The way they're handling this, it almost seems like they are indifferent whether BB stays or leaves which is crazy to me. You should either want him or not want him because you are convinced he is or is not a good coach. The difference between TG and BB was so stark that giving the impression of next man up (for a coaching job) after having duds in WD and TG seems like an unnecessary gamble. 

I'm too lazy to go back through all the games in advanced stats but I would be curious what our XG VS XGA per game would be and what our record would look like. I feel like it would even out as we've lost some games where we were expected to win as well. 

So far, all we can judge the new brass on is a Motte for 4th trade and a Richardson pickup along with a Dermott for Hamonic trade. 

None of those moves push the needle in either direction. 

We'll see what happens with Brock and JT, and how guys will be moved to create cap space. 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think JR is hoping BB finds a job elsewhere too.  His comments certainly lead that direction.  Similar to the "six year" deal for Miller he floated.  JR made hints that there are BIG changes coming to the club, and Boudreau might be the first one out.

But didn't Aqualini get JR's blessing for hiring BB before JR came on board? 

I wonder if JR's flex on the coach who the guys seem to really like and play for is to show the team that JR is the boss and even a coach who came in and did a superb job is not necessarily safe.  I know if I was a fringe player, I would be scared right now. 

• Vintage 1