The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Arizona Coyotes | Apr. 07, 2022 | 7:00 pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Is it just me or is Podz picking up a LOT of speed and better reading plays and anticipating where to be and quickly one step ahead of that and getting it down pat.. 

As he's going forward with experience I see him as someone the opposing team keeping him off the scoreboard and on a regular basis. 

And I thought his D game was very good when he got here but now even that has stepped up bigtime as that same anticipation that's seems to be honed with each passing game and practices. 

I'm relieved to see this, I sort of expected it in a way but it's coming down to game by game and it seems he's having a lot of fun out there too but great pick and I'm glad we got him in spite of the 2 years wait.

Quite similar to Horvat’s rookie year. Progressively just got better and better and by the end of the season, was our best forward especially in the 2015 playoffs.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Is it just me or is Podz picking up a LOT of speed and better reading plays and anticipating where to be and quickly one step ahead of that and getting it down pat.. 

As he's going forward with experience I see him as someone the opposing team keeping him off the scoreboard and on a regular basis. 

And I thought his D game was very good when he got here but now even that has stepped up bigtime as that same anticipation that's seems to be honed with each passing game and practices. 

I'm relieved to see this, I sort of expected it in a way but it's coming down to game by game and it seems he's having a lot of fun out there too but great pick and I'm glad we got him in spite of the 2 years wait.

I said this in another thread. Podkolzin is  built for playoff hockey. He will be a beast.

I am so very excited about his game and think he is improving game after game.

You win games with players like that on your team.

1 minute ago, Roberts said:

horvat, pettersson, chiasson, and podkolzin have all stepped up a lot recently. great to see. 

They’ve been so good I’ve almost forgotten Miller is on the team. Not a knock just saying they’ve been playing very well 

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Couldn’t believe the Flyers scratched Yandle. No respect. Should have Let the man play out the season 

Guess his play didn't deserve to be in the lineup anymore. Was like -25 or something.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Why do you keep talking about last year?  The team sucked so bad last year.   On a contending team, Boeser isnt even in the lineup.

Lol, Because it was literally less then a Calander year ago? Players don't magically forget how to play hockey a healthy Brock next year will lead the team In goals once again

Just now, canuckpuckluck1 said:

I said this in another thread. Podkolzin is  built for playoff hockey. He will be a beast.

I am so very excited about his game and think he is improving game after game.

You win games with players like that on your team.

In the end it's all a matter of time.. but it sure was worth the wait! 

• Like 2