The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

One of the worst 3rd periods all season.  The tying goal was just a matter of time.  No reason to play that dump and chase that early in the 3rd. Vegas got flukey goals to keep it close early on when the Nucks were dominating.  Petey was fricken amazing tonight.  Just wow!  

We unfortunately still have traces of Green from time to time, he was their coach for years after all. Hopefully after training camp that gets stomped out permanently.

4 minutes ago, khay said:

How the hell did Vegas circumvent the cap this time?

Mark Stone activated off the LTIR???

He wasn't very good anyways but $hit, that's some blatant cap circumvention right there.

Kinda the same way Tampa did with Kucherov last year right prior to the start of the playoffs. Shaddiest management wins. 

6 minutes ago, khay said:

How the hell did Vegas circumvent the cap this time?

Mark Stone activated off the LTIR???

He wasn't very good anyways but $hit, that's some blatant cap circumvention right there.

They magically had the exact amount of cap space open up with “injuries” :lol:

Sad that a team 10 million over the cap couldn’t beat us! What a joke.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/goldenknights

they have enough cap, barely.

Last time I checked, they only had 5 mil in cap space. Stone gets paid 9.5 mil.

That means 4.5 mil of salary had to go on the LTIR to activate Stone.

So some players whose injuries weren't seriously enough to go on the LTIR have been put on the LTIR today? 

Is it that easy to be placed on the LTIR? They go on LTIR as long as the team and the player claims that he is hurt?

Seems very shady to me.

2 minutes ago, Vancan2021 said:

Kinda the same way Tampa did with Kucherov last year right prior to the start of the playoffs. Shaddiest management wins. 

Tampa was different. They couldn't activate Kucherov until the season ended, no?

They circumvented the cap but at least they didn't pull it off during the regular season.

6 minutes ago, khay said:

Tampa was different. They couldn't activate Kucherov until the season ended, no?

They circumvented the cap but at least they didn't pull it off during the regular season.

Well being 18 million over the cap and still winning the cup without implications says it all. 

The NHL needs to figure this out yesterday. 

But I suppose so long as big market US teams win they never will. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Could have done with that in regulation, but looking at the table in order to get into the wild card spot, we would need same points as LA (as it stands) so it’s LA realistically we need to catch not just beat out Vegas 

but if vegas beats LA by one point...

I REALLY wanted to see them score on that 2nd PP.  Show that turd Patches up for that ever-so-mild spear to the throat.  No idea what he was thinking there.  Just glad it was called, I guess.

Nice to see we don't always suck in OT, and could turn that trend around.

Just keep winning :towel:

• Upvote 1

Well tonight was one of those nights when you don't deserve to win... but you win anyway cause you hung in there.

Not a great job by most of the team, most of the time... except for Demko, Podz and Special Teams.  But even strength they really stunk out the joint for large periods of the game.

Even Pettersson, who put up a lot of points, ended up as a -1... his line was not great 5 on 5.

Vegas has a really stacked team when all their guys are healthy... tonight they had nearly everyone except Riley Smith and it looked like it.  They are big and strong and fast and they can control the play on the O-Zone endlessly... Canucks were lucky they didn't score more... with the obvious tip of the hat to Demko.

Yes, the Canucks came alive on the powerplay and occasionally they would wake up at even strength, and they could have put the game away several times... Miller's wide open chance in the slot... followed Pettersson's in exactly the same position.  But you can't win games consistently if you play like they did tonight... in a playoff series, they would go under fast.

Really nice to see Podz score... he has been working hard and deserved it... even though it took a second effort.  But he was all over the ice tonight, one of the few really consistent players.  On the other hand, Miller continues in his slump... he is having trouble right now seeing the ice and placing his passes... he should forget about being fancy and passing into the middle when in his own zone, just chip it out... leave the dipsy doodle to Hughes.

Also nice to see Hughes get rewarded offensively with a goal... yeah, its great to get assists, but there is nothing like scoring... especially big ones.  :canucks:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

No complaints from me. They won. 

Could it have been better if they had won in regulation? Yes, of course

But the alternative is that they either lost in regulation, or in OT. 

I want my team to win. And they won tonight, so I’m happy. 

Plus, they’re still in the thick of the playoff race. Nothing is determined….yet, anyways. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Well tonight was one of those nights when you don't deserve to win... but you win anyway cause you hung in there.

Not a great job by most of the team, most of the time... except for Demko, Podz and Special Teams.  But even strength they really stunk out the joint for large periods of the game.

Even Pettersson, who put up a lot of points, ended up as a -1... his line was not great 5 on 5.

Vegas has a really stacked team when all their guys are healthy... tonight they had nearly everyone except Riley Smith and it looked like it.  They are big and strong and fast and they can control the play on the O-Zone endlessly... Canucks were lucky they didn't score more... with the obvious tip of the hat to Demko.

Yes, the Canucks came alive on the powerplay and occasionally they would wake up at even strength, and they could have put the game away several times... Miller's wide open chance in the slot... followed Pettersson's in exactly the same position.  But you can't win games consistently if you play like they did tonight... in a playoff series, they would go under fast.

Really nice to see Podz score... he has been working hard and deserved it... even though it took a second effort.  But he was all over the ice tonight, one of the few really consistent players.  On the other hand, Miller continues in his slump... he is having trouble right now seeing the ice and placing his passes... he should forget about being fancy and passing into the middle when in his own zone, just chip it out... leave the dipsy doodle to Hughes.

Also nice to see Hughes get rewarded offensively with a goal... yeah, its great to get assists, but there is nothing like scoring... especially big ones.  :canucks:

I didn’t get to see the game tonight, but yeah, Vegas has a stack team when they’re healthy and also if they can solve their cap issues. 

First of all, I don’t think the team will make the playoffs, though I’d love to be proven wrong in that regard. Second, even if they did make it to the postseason, I don’t think they go far. But they’d get valuable playoff experiences if they make it in, and just how difficult the games at that level at that time of the year are. It’ll be good for the future of the team moving forward. 

The season is coming to an end fairly soon in terms of games remaining. I’m really just looking forward to the off-season, because I think there’s going to be so much movement with players on this team, that we won’t even recognize the team next season. 

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Eichel is such a little B. He winds up on the wrong side of QH, just like when Petey turned him inside out last game for the tip in goal, Quinn gives him a little push, Eichel dives and then looks at the refs in disbelief that there was none call IN OVERTIME. I haven't bothered to watch many Buffalo games during the Eichel years because they were so horrible, so I haven't seen much of him, but he does not appear to be a franchise player to me. He's no McKinnon, McDavid, or even Stone. He's soft, a defensive liability, and I have yet to see him do anything that made me take notice. He does not even seem to be working that hard, and now Buffalo is playing better than when he was there, so maybe he's a cancer in the room too. Maybe he's still healing and recovering his timing, maybe he'll be better next year, but so far this year, meh.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1