The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild | April 21st, 2022 | 5:00 PM, Sportsnet Pacific | Just win.

Rate this topic

Roberts

57 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Guys gave us a super run since Bruce took over.  They played most games like it was a game seven.  They know their playoff hopes are done.  Minny is a big and tough team.  We will see them pound our guys early.  This will show which of our guys need the added juice of playoff potential to fight back and compete.  And the guys we have who fight and compete because that’s how they are wired.  These five games are going to show who needs to go, because they lack inner compete.  

I think the team has shown enough the last 50 games ... it's a good team.   That said.   Just to poke some fun...let's just win this ... if not then we always have the draft ... and next season ... when Miller will be like: alf GIF by absurdnoise

Edit:  Alf's pre-game ritual. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 4

With a win tonight, this season is far from done. 

We saw in this past week, NJ beat Vegas, OTT beat us :sick:, and yesterday Seattle beating Col. 

I don't think there is such a thing as an "easy schedule" this time of year. 

Eliminated teams have players playing for pride and jobs next year. The young stars on those team dont have the pressure and are going out and just playing hockey. 

The teams that are locks for the playoffs may not be interested in a slug fest and risking injury heading into the playoffs. 

Canucks just have to worry about themselves and keep winning. A 5-0 to end the season will surely put them in the playoffs. 

Also, along with TG, Canucks OT record is what sunk us. Too many greedy plays during the season by our star players in OT that led to turnovers and odd man rushes while guys were gassed. 

To think we have 11 OT losses TO Dallas' 6 is mind blowing. 

Canucks would probably have fared better had they played for the tie and went to shootout with demko in net and having Petey, Horvat, Miller and Boeser shooting. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Roberts said:

just for fun, heres an old GDT file i have saved

1609742139_2(3).PNG.b5ad9232e1ab5672c6f8fa5bcdbed9a6.PNG

Funny you bring that up as that was about the time my drinking got out of control - watching those guys in frustration!  Thank god those days are behind us.  Our "D" might not be the best in the league now but it's a hell of a lot better than back then.   With a defensive line-up like that, is was bound to only get beter.

8 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Cant Believe GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY No wonder Tryamkin didn't want to come back!!

Actually. I heard the main reason Tryamkin went back to Russia was the Russian Cheerleaders they have!  If we had them here, I'd upgrade to a Full-Season Pkg !

Russian KHL team drops cheerleaders after wives got jealousWill you make everyone wear a burqa?' Backlash after Russian ice hockey  club ditches cheerleaders because of 'jealous' wives — RT Sport NewsSKA Sisters are the KHL's most popular cheerleading group! - Ice Hockey  Club SKA Saint Petersburg, 2016/11/16

Edited by RU SERIOUS

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Guys gave us a super run since Bruce took over.  They played most games like it was a game seven.  They know their playoff hopes are done.  Minny is a big and tough team.  We will see them pound our guys early.  This will show which of our guys need the added juice of playoff potential to fight back and compete.  And the guys we have who fight and compete because that’s how they are wired.  These five games are going to show who needs to go, because they lack inner compete.  

Sorry but this part of the post is a great big smelly, stinky, ugly pile of horse poop...How do you know what they are thinking?  You can't say you know what every player is thinking!  I have not heard Kate Smith singing and I will have hope as long as we have a mathematical chance, long shot or not!

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

The most we can afford at this point is a ot/so lose. Anything below 96 points is the last nail in the coffin. 

Yes that's how i see it too.   Unless for some reason two teams above us have absolute stinkers ... which isn't going to happen.  LA easy schedule.   Vegas plays Dallas ... yikes there whom do we cheer for?  Way i see it too exactly.   The team can afford to only lose 1 out of ten points or we are done for.   LA goes without saying, a must win.   Dallas losing a couple gives us hope but really it was LA and Vegas we want to stink it up. 

As for MIN.   Hartman really impressed me during the play-ins - as did Soucy.  Not at all surprised to see Hartman enjoying some success.    Good player - does all the little things right and has some skill.   What i hoped to see from Motte.   Guerin's team with more cap space would be a powerhouse.    Needed the surgery though. 

7 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yes that's how i see it too.   Unless for some reason two teams above us have absolute stinkers ... which isn't going to happen.  LA easy schedule.   Vegas plays Dallas ... yikes there whom do we cheer for?  Way i see it too exactly.   The team can afford to only lose 1 out of ten points or we are done for.   LA goes without saying, a must win.   Dallas losing a couple gives us hope but really it was LA and Vegas we want to stink it up. 

Dallas is looking terrible right now... unless they turn it around quick, they could lose several down the stretch here.

Nashville is in a similar situation, they've got a brutal schedule and could potentially lose several more as well.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Canucks do manage to pull it off that they grab a wild card spot. 

Man, looking at the standings and that 1 point we lost against OTT could bite us.  It could potentially be the 1 point we need to make the playoffs.

Edited by HKSR