The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Apr. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Way too much overreaction to this loss. 

Have the rest of you missed the fact that Wild have been one of the best teams in the league, especially at home? 

No one gives a rats a$$ if they’re the best. It’s a must win game for us and we  did not  play full 60minutes. You either stoop to a low standard or raise the standard and stop making so called “legitimate” excuses for not playing with the fire needed to win that game. 

when we all witness the team raise their game  as a result of falling behind, that’s not a good sign nor a good enough standard to hold this team to. Stop accepting mediocrity. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, AngryElf said:

That fight really turned the tide against us. Could've used a powerplay though, I have a hard time believing they were a team of saints in the third. 

We needed Burroughs to help answer that. Definitely a momentum breaker. Schenn can't do everything out there. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

These twitter posts are starting to feel like pulling a slots lever in Vegas, if I keep plugging quarters in, it will eventually pay off….

Then at 2am in the morning you find yourself alone in your motel room wondering what just happened, eating a 7 eleven stale sandwich and washing it down with bathroom tap water out of a plastic cup, that your not quite sure has not been recycled…

It was a fun last couple of months, lots of ups and downs.  Lots of great pieces to work with, a good management team in place, there will be changes.  Although this is a disappointing end, the last month showcased a lot of players to their potential for other teams to show interest.  Their stock is high because we did not tank.  This team has holes to fill and cap issues, change is coming, and I think for the good.

Look forward to the remaining games, Go Nucks!

4 hours ago, spook007 said:

Yes Miller is bank check that needs to be cashed in or used.... can't just let it expire...
It would be suicide to just let it run out regardless of how much we need him. 
So yes signed to a friendly deal (either length wise or $ wise) or traded....

Allvin already stated he hates seeing UFAs go for nothing...if the team didn't play so darn good since Dec 2, we'd probably already seen major surgery at some point.    Nice thing is, aside from Brock, he's got 1/3-1/2 or maybe to next years TDL to decide what to do...and of course if a deal comes that makes sense the trigger gets pulled as well.  

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Green Building said:

Lmao his big ass is exactly who we want on on our side in the playoffs. Want to move him? Ok, who's gonna replace him for 25+ mins per night.

At 6M a year, you better be doing more then munching minutes.  He was brought in for his size, because for years we have been saying our D was too small and soft, I have seen more impressive body work from QH.  I would take two Schenn’s for the same money and spread the minutes out, then one Meyers who lacks any toughness or sticks up for any of his teammates.  I am glad he padded his stats, either him or OEL has to go, I know who my money is on.

• Cheers 1

That Minni team is going to be a tough out, especially if they get past the first round when the refs really put away the whistles. 
I don’t like to call out the reds much but there were so many blatant calls missed both ways, in key situations. 
That was a tough one which is not surprising. 

5 hours ago, spook007 said:

The best part of the season, together with the continued improvements by Demko and QH, for me at least, was to see Petey still knows hockey. 
30+ goals, at the end of the season, makes me go into the summer feeling good about the future of this hockey team. 

We have the foundation of a good hockey team here, but next season we need to come out of the traps flying. 

Who knows, what changes will be made, but the building blocks are there. 

Pettersson, Demko, Horvat, Podz, and Hughes are why I'm perfectly alright trading Miller to bring in more talented youth/upgrade other areas of the roster. Between him and Horvat we've got a perfectly good 1-2 punch.

We've got a great foundation, we just need to upgrade the D and bring in young talent that'll grow with them. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

That Minni team is going to be a tough out, especially if they get past the first round when the refs really put away the whistles. 
I don’t like to call out the reds much but there were so many blatant calls missed both ways, in key situations. 
That was a tough one which is not surprising. 

They'll lose to the Blues imo, Blues have a league leading eight players with at least 20 goals, it's insane.

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Pettersson, Demko, Horvat, Podz, and Hughes are why I'm perfectly alright trading Miller to bring in more talented youth/upgrade other areas of the roster. Between him and Horvat we've got a perfectly good 1-2 punch.

We've got a great foundation, we just need to upgrade the D and bring in young talent that'll grow with them. 

I think you take a really long try to move either Garland and/or Boeser to keep JTM if you can get him anywhere under or near 9M. 
Don’t think you can have all 3 realistically. 

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I think you take a really long try to move either Garland and/or Boeser to keep JTM if you can get him anywhere under or near 9M. 
Don’t think you can have all 3 realistically. 

I'd look to move Miller and Boeser tbh, I see Miller being too steep for us 

If I had to keep one I'd keep Boeser, assuming he's willing to sign a reasonable deal, I don't want anything to do with the kind of deal I think Miller will want 

For all his faults, there are only so many RW triggermen out there 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Allvin already stated he hates seeing UFAs go for nothing...if the team didn't play so darn good since Dec 2, we'd probably already seen major surgery at some point.    Nice thing is, aside from Brock, he's got 1/3-1/2 or maybe to next years TDL to decide what to do...and of course if a deal comes that makes sense the trigger gets pulled as well.  

Not advocating moving Miller, but my worry is we will be in a play off position next years TDL and we will hold on to players only to see them leaving for free. 
Allvin talks the talk, and I hope he walks the walk as well. 
Regardless if this means he is staying or dealt, I don't want him to leave for nothing. We need to improve and letting players go will be counter productive. We are not strong enough to let that happen yet. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Yeah I will be ok either way... only thing I don't want to happen is Miller leaving for free. 

And absolutely need an upgrade on the D + more size with speed. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Not advocating moving Miller, but my worry is we will be in a play off position next years TDL and we will hold on to players only to see them leaving for free. 
Allvin talks the talk, and I hope he walks the walk as well. 
Regardless if this means he is staying or dealt, I don't want him to leave for nothing. We need to improve and letting players go will be counter productive. We are not strong enough to let that happen yet. 

Trading Miller will be taking a couple steps back. Rutherford and Allvin have said as much.  

From Boudreau’s comments post game about the effort from Miller being outstanding, I’m thinking BB might not want to be here if Miller is traded.  

I think the last two games really show where the team is at. The Ottawa game showed their inexperience. They couldn't lock it down and get the win. They let Ottawa push the pace and they played down to their level. The Minnesota game showed their lack of depth  and inability to push back and the team just got handled.

There have been some great moments since BB took over, and you can certainly see the potential and the lack. 

Looking forward to the summer to see what changes are coming, and then of course next season to see where we sit. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, spook007 said:

Can't disagree with any of this... Miller tried a lot of risky plays and they didn't come off... Miller has been a revelation for big parts of this season, and without him the season had been done weeks, if not months, ago. 
But I think you are right, I don't think it will look good in say 3-4years, and I fear, it will be the root of massive arguments over his last 3 years at the club. 
I don't want to see Miller dragged through the mud, like the Sedins to some extend, were...

If we had made the playoff, Miller would have been MVP for keeping us afloat for several months, where everything else was falling apart. We didn't... I'm not sure he'll be traded this summer, but if we make a run for it next year, I can see us lose him for nothing, as they won't trade him at TDL, if we're in a good position, so for me he either gets dealt during the summer, or gets signed to a team friend contract. 
Can I just add, that he was the one forward, who actually fought fire with fire against Wild. Good solid cross checkings in the third, when Wild ramped up the physicality. 

Podz is still only 20 and has ways to go. He has come a long way from the start of the season, and seeing him continue the journey next season already fills me with excitement. 
But man oh man, would I love to have a knuckle dragger not named Shenn in our line up... Size and speed is a must during the summer, so we can be the ones that hammers this opposition. 

This together with D up grade must be Allvin biggest job during the summer. 

Great post. 

Miller and Demko were the sole reason we even had a chance of talking about the playoffs in April. 

Last night DesLauriers fired up the crowd along with his team by fighting Schenn. I think JB was trying to do the same when he got Ferland. Maybe we should take a run at someone like him this summer. He is a good skater with size and toughness and decent hands. If rather DesLauriers than a guy like Reeves. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Trading Miller will be taking a couple steps back. Rutherford and Allvin have said as much.  

From Boudreau’s comments post game about the effort from Miller being outstanding, I’m thinking BB might not want to be here if Miller is traded.  

It'll be a ripple effect.  If Miller is moved, I think Bo will want out.  Petey will once his contract is done, etc.  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

A coach's job is to coach the team that's given to him. 

I am confident that BB's future here isn't decided or is hinging on whether a player returns or gets traded. 

Every player has seen a boost in play since he's arrived.