The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Seattle Kraken at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 26, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

15 minutes ago, sedin26 said:

It’s over. 

I’ll never again watch the game of hockey. Goodbye!

Come away from the edge, dude! Never??! What are you - 101 years  old & living in a care facility or something?

Plenty of hope & faith in this team  has been cultivated during these past couple of months. Luck is also a part of hockey, and if there’s one thing I’m sure of….Lady Karma shows-up with what’s due - every dozen years or so, and 2011 plus 12  = 2023, baby!!!! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1

In my opinion when Horvat went down the season ended, even though we were mathematically still in it. Now that we're officially out I gotta admit I didn't expect to make it this interesting. Bruce Boudreau tried his darndest to get this team to the playoffs but it was not to be. The injuries, covid, poor coaching eventually all caught up in the end. I'm grateful for the end but sad for the beginning.  

Hopefully next season is better than this year. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

What happened with Shorty? Batchelor is better than a sleeping pill, and was about as exciting as the Canucks were int.the 2nd, or the Krakheads were in the third. Maybe he had to come in on short notice (no pun intended)?

Nice to see Huggy ratchet up the team record.  He can go for 90 next year!

C'mon Millsy, let's see 100 at home, 105 in Edmonton

28 minutes ago, T.Demko said:

The team the management has built.  Good to draft at a garbage position but not good enough to be a convincing playoff team.

We're not pro tankers, because we will support the team no matter what, including the bottom dwelling days of a proper rebuild.

Just can't support this mediocrity year after year just to get a sniff of playoff revenue.

Was fun to see our young stars making recoveries and great strides.  I hope we build for a solid future, we sure have great pieces for it.

No man's land, the worst place to be imo, but so be it 

The offseason will be interesting 

22 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

At least this time it can’t hurt our draft position.

We are almost certainly picking 15th.

Good to know but I'm just poking fun 

Hopefully we get someone good

This Dries kid has been good, but I put him on that Baby 'Nucks flight to Winterpeg. They got 2 tilts & only need ONE pt to secure home ice, to start the PO's.

Would be great for our youth to have a nice spring run in the valley. So impressive, to reel off 9 straight, late in the season.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Ur a Towel said:

Yup. It's great to see how he's turned around the defensive side of his game too. He's only going to get better, both offensively and defensively. 

2 hours ago, Touchet said:

Looking forward to Spencer Martin as the #2 next season.

The big individual stories tonight are Hughes getting the record and Martin playing another good game at the NHL level. And Garland had a good night. 

Looking forward, Martin looks like a good backup for next year -- signed at a low price as well. (On the negative side, the Canucks have dead money due to both Holtby (buyout) and Halak (bonus overage) due to typical Benning bad cap management.)

Hughes is great, Schenn continues to play really well, and OEL has raised his game. And Dermott likes like an upgrade on the 3rd pairing. Still need another RHD as a legitimate top pairing D, dropping Myers down the depth chart (maybe to the 3rd pairing as he does not pair well with Hughes). Wonder if there will be room on the team for Rathbone or if the Canucks will trade him. He is a bit too similar to Hughes and it is hard to see room for both guys.

As for the depth forwards, Boudreau did a great job with limited resources. It looks like Highmore and Lammikko might be 2/3 of solid (and cheap) 4th line.

• Cheers 2