The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADSF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Lightning win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2022 at 11:30 PM

6 minutes ago, Wise Guy said:

My hatred for the US is much stronger than for any Canadian team so go Flames, go Oilers, go Lea…….ah, sh!t, I just can’t vote for the Leafs.

11 minutes ago, blaise said:

So you don't want the cup to come back home because of who wins it.

C'mon people,don't matter who wins either be the Oilers,Flames Leafs lets just bring it back to Canada.:gocan:

If it's international hockey I always cheer for Canada.

For me, hockey is all about fan rivalry.  How boring would it be without that?  I would never cheer for

the Alberta teams, because they are division rivals and Torontocentric Leafs?  They suck!:lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

How many Calgary, Edmonton, or Toronto fans were cheering for Vancouver when we were facing Boston? Pretty much BC did and that was it. 

I don’t know about Calgary or Edmonton, but my cousin in Toronto said he went to many bars during the Cup run, and the crowds were mainly cheering for us. 

Leafs fans absolutely despise the Bruins.

Hate to say it, but I believe the Leafs will break the curse tomorrow and advance to the second round. 

The Bolts are having all kind of trouble with the speed of the Leafs’ players.

• Haha 1

Lol I love this thread. I know people hate the leafs, but they have looked good. No reason to think they can't win this series. Up to their play. Tampa doesn't look amazing right now, which is understandable they may be tired after 2 cup wins. 

I do agree with the few saying they will cheer for a Canadian team. While I share a lot of the feelings about Canucks rivalries with some of these teams (especially the ones in our division), I do think it would be good to have a Canadian team win the cup. 

Canadian teams are at a disadvantage to American teams and we see that in free agent signings. If the Canucks are in it, they will forever be the priority and I'll root for whatever outcome is best for Van. 

But Van isn't in it, so the Canadian teams get my vote and I hope one of them can pull it off. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bobby James said:

Lol I love this thread. I know people hate the leafs, but they have looked good. No reason to think they can't win this series. Up to their play. Tampa doesn't look amazing right now, which is understandable they may be tired after 2 cup wins. 

I do agree with the few saying they will cheer for a Canadian team. While I share a lot of the feelings about Canucks rivalries with some of these teams (especially the ones in our division), I do think it would be good to have a Canadian team win the cup. 

Canadian teams are at a disadvantage to American teams and we see that in free agent signings. If the Canucks are in it, they will forever be the priority and I'll root for whatever outcome is best for Van. 

But Van isn't in it, so the Canadian teams get my vote and I hope one of them can pull it off. 

Those teams' fans cheered HARD against us so...no.

I hope they all fail.

The only Canadian teams I would've cheered for: Ottawa, Montreal

2 hours ago, Bobby James said:

Screw the Leafs, their LOSER FANS, and their STUPID CITY.  

When that LOSER TEAM is knocked out our country cheers.

Why anyone who is not a long time Leaf fan or who lives in Toronto cheers for them to win makes no sense.  Maybe drugs or alcohol issues?  I hate them, so it’s not that.  Hmmmm.  

• Haha 1

17:01  Tampa gets called for icing- even thought a Toronto player knocked a tampa guy to the ice while the guy is trying to touch the puck.

Shouldn't that be either an interference penalty or no icing?

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

17:01  Tampa gets called for icing- even thought a Toronto player knocked a tampa guy to the ice while the guy is trying to touch the puck.

Shouldn't that be either an interference penalty or no icing?

They called Toronto for a ruling....they said no.

• Haha 1