The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Apr. 29, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

After the last game of Canucks this season, I assume:

1. Martin is a quite solid back-up goalie.

2. Shenn should stay in Canucks next season.

3. Broser should go.

4. The cores for coming season are JT, Bo, Petey, Hughes, Demko.

5. Would like to keep Chiasson, Garland, Meyers, Highmore, Podz, Hogs, Pearson

6. Would like to waive Halak, Poolman, and any more...

1 hour ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Evander Kane helped the Oilers get into the playoffs.  In 43 regular season games, the Vancouver native notched 22 goals and 39 points for the Oilers.  I wonder if the Canucks would be in a playoff spot if they signed him?

His personality is absolute sh*t but he's definitely a heck of a hockey player.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

After the last game of Canucks this season, I assume:

1. Martin is a quite solid back-up goalie.

2. Shenn should stay in Canucks next season.

3. Broser should go.

4. The cores for coming season are JT, Bo, Petey, Hughes, Demko.

5. Would like to keep Chiasson, Garland, Meyers, Highmore, Podz, Hogs, Pearson

6. Would like to waive Halak, Poolman, and any more...

Well you’ll be happy to know that Schenn is signed for next season and Halak is a UFA this summer.

Two of the items on your wish list are already done!

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

If we keep Miller (highly likely) there is no rebuild.  It’s all in now and for the next four years.  Then it’s a crash and burn rebuild.  

Ideally, we would wanna trade Boeser AND Pearson... Get some real power forwards and a big D-man if Poolman can't make a full recovery. 

It'll be a slamdunk if we could get cheap secondary scoring from Karlsson and Kuzmenko!! 

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Never say never, him and Rutherford have history and there's no guarantee Bruce comes back.

If Toronto flames out early Keefe could be out of a job they could be interested. And that matters, because Bruce was drafted by the Leafs, spent his junior career in Toronto, he's from Toronto, and he played almost all his NHL games for Toronto. Needless to say, he's also a Toronto fan.

Stop It GIF by GIPHY News

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Ideally, we would wanna trade Boeser AND Pearson... Get some real power forwards and a big D-man if Poolman can't make a full recovery. 

It'll be a slamdunk if we could get cheap secondary scoring from Karlsson and Kuzmenko!! 

lol why all of a sudden Pearson?  I swear this fanbase is totally bi-polar.   So we can do what with the ONE million saved?  Find another Dickinson?

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Well you’ll be happy to know that Schenn is signed for next season and Halak is a UFA this summer.

Two of the items on your wish list are already done!

Thank God!  (can I drive Ha-Lack to the city limits?)

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, IBatch said:

lol why all of a sudden Pearson?  I swear this fanbase is totally bi-polar.   So we can do what with the ONE million saved?  Find another Dickinson?

I swear some of posters have never watched a full Canucks game this year

1 minute ago, mordekai said:

I swear some of posters have never watched a full Canucks game this year

I’ve watched most of all the games, and we need big changes.  Sadly, I think our owner doesn’t see that need, so we will be re-signing Miller, and bringing back much the same core group as last year.  Should be okay for two years and then, as Miller and OEL age out, it’s going to be Benning like ugly.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Evander Kane helped the Oilers get into the playoffs.  In 43 regular season games, the Vancouver native notched 22 goals and 39 points for the Oilers.  I wonder if the Canucks would be in a playoff spot if they signed him?

Don't you know we're the Vancouver nice guys though. It's ok to lose as long as everyone had fun. 

12 hours ago, IBatch said:

How's it half the price?   Garland is one of my favourite players to watch on this team - so love him already not saying he didn't have a way more valuable season.   Guys got some Martin St. Louis in him - and no way should we be trading him either.   Give him some PP time on the first unit and i see him scoring 70 points.

Garland is less than 4 million and Boeser is less than 8 million.

6 hours ago, -DLC- said:

I agree with most everything you've said, except I'd like Burroughs to stick. Great value there, and his willingness to do what it takes to be part of the team impresses me. 

Honestly I can't remember Burroughs playing likely because he only played 42 games. He also only had 5 points. 

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

D men don't need to get points as much as help to prevent them. His willingness to stick up for his teammates stood out for me.

Yup.  He’s a guy who wants to be part of our team and city.  

• Haha 2