The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Support for Brock

Rate this topic

fanfor42

13 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Not exactly in line with our woke friends but would make the site a lot more enjoyable.

I don't know if that would make much of a difference to be honest. I'll see posts by people who I think are kids and later on find out they're adults. lol

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Maybe this site should be age restricted.  

I think even if it was, you'll find the content won't change.

Adults are just bigger kids, with stronger more entrenched opinions haha. 

• Vintage 1

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

That’s the kind of stupid stuff Benning did.  Lose guys who are important parts of our club and trade for or sign (free agents) who are not as good and aren’t connected to the club and who cost more.  Started with Bonino for Sutter, and then letting Tanev walk and trading for Schmidt.  

Keep Brock.  Sign him to two or three years at 6.  

This is the ”support for Brock” thread. Thanks for in part - slotting into that quorum.

To the rest of you - (after the first half dozen posts or so)….any talk about whether they should re-sign or trade this very talented, highly-skilled & fine rock solid character player, whom his ‘mates, clearly love, admire & would go through any wall for.,…is being discussed in depth on other threads. 

This is a place for supporting Brock, with the kind of support deserved by a son who is clearly hurting, a teammate who’s devotion was also put to the test this past season, and a man who above all else is forthright & honest in sharing his personal pain with the press. I appreciate that about this very caring & special young man. He is above all else very honourable & that makes him so easy for me to cheer for.

I’d like to suggest on here, that Brock return to the team with an item of Duke’s in hand - to use as the new motivational award in their dressing room, replacing this season’s team-belt. Brock, in all humility, would likely never do this, unless it is at the behest of his teammates & or the fans and I cannot imagine a more motivational device to help them over the play-off bar hump - & beyond!!! 

Regardless of whether or not Brock is physically able to return to his team promptly next season, that particular & very special item needs to be here!

Go please, & rest, debrief, train….& then come back & make this so!  

Prayers for Duke!!

Edited by viking mama
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

Maybe this site should be age restricted.  

Like the others, I doubt it would make a difference.

I've met plenty of mature, thoughtful, bright kids in my life, and unfortunately, even more ignorant, loud mouthed adults (coming to a trucker convoy near you! :lol:).

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

This is them”support for Brock” thread. Thanks for in part - slotting into that quorum.

To the rest of you -  (after the first half dozen posts or so)….talk about should they sign or not sign this talented, highly-skilled & very fine rock solid character player, whom his ‘mates, clearly love & admire & would go through a wall for.,…is being discussed in depth on other threads. 

This is a place for support - deserved by a son who is hurting, a teammates who’s  devotion was also put to the test, and a man who above all is forthright and honest in sharing with the press. I appreciate that about this very caring young man. He is above all else very honourable & that makes him so easy for me to cheer for.

I’d like to suggest here, that Brock return to the team with an item of Duke’s in hand - to use as new motivational award in their ‘room in replacing this season’s team-belt. Brock, in all humility, would likely never do this, unless it is at the behest of his teammates & or the fans!

I cannot imagine a more motivational device to help them over the play-off bar hump - and beyond! 

Regardless of whether or not Brock is physically able to return to his team promptly next season, that particular & very special item needs to be here!

Go, please…& make this so!  

Clearly trading Brock now (considering his dad is slowly dying from dementia) would be like ripping the guy’s heart out.  Hopefully, we sign him ASAP to an extension so he can focus on his dad’s last few weeks/ months/ days without worrying about where he’s playing next year.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Like the others, I doubt it would make a difference.

I've met plenty of mature, thoughtful, bright kids in my life, and unfortunately, even more ignorant, loud mouthed adults (coming to a trucker convoy near you! :lol:).

There are even forum posters I've noticed started out more "childish" and became actual well-thought-out posters. I can only imagine they like... grew up.... I've been here too long.... :rolleyes:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Back to the topic on hand,  it's crazy how much Brock has had to go through at such a young age. I remember the story when we drafted him about how his best friend died the year before. 

Nothing but love for the guy and his character is above the charts. (as others mentioned, the prom story, the hospital visits, the charities) One of the true class act guys. Hope he finds the support he needs during this time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

There are even forum posters I've noticed started out more "childish" and became actual well-thought-out posters. I can only imagine they like... grew up.... I've been here too long.... :rolleyes:

How well do you remember 18 years ago? I don't even remember signing up to this site, but here we are...

PS I was the one who suggested making Luongo captain :picard:

Edited by DS4quality
  • Haha 1

On 5/2/2022 at 4:27 AM, IBatch said:

It's exactly what could happen.   Throwing yourself - all of it - into work when other things aren't so great worked for me for the better part of a decade.    That said who knows everyone responds to loss differently.    I think Allvin cleared the cap for Brocks QO... one year.   Might not even bother with his arbitration.    Is  1.25ish even worth the bother?   Trading him to MIN for sure is an option but i don't think Guerin would go for it. 

I don’t think Guerin takes Brock either. Not unless he’s getting him for cheap. But people have been saying that Minny’s got cap issues that rival the Canucks. They may actually have it worse than us. 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I don’t think Guerin takes Brock either. Not unless he’s getting him for cheap. But people have been saying that Minny’s got cap issues that rival the Canucks. They may actually have it worse than us. 

For the next couple years they are dealing with Parise and Suter ... so yep cap hell at least as far as maximizing a team.    Guerin seems to be playing the long game from his comments.   Doubt we get much other then a bag of pucks trading him to MIN.