The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SCF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Avalanche win 2022 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Final  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/19/2022 at 12:00 AM

2 hours ago, kilgore said:

Everyone is predicting a long exciting series.  Including me. 
(just like the Battle of Alberta) :wacko:

IF… one team actually sweeps the other, gobsmacking everyone, which team would you predict doing that?

if I had to pick I guess it would be Tampa based on their experience, but I’m not headed to Bet365.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Tampa in 5, but they could probably do it in 4

Yeah, I'd have to go with Tampa.  They just know how to win in many different ways.  As the guys on 650 were talking about the other day, Tampa knows how to adapt to their opponent, and they do it better than anyone else. 

Their prediction is Tampa loses the 1st game, but wins the series.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Maginator said:

I don't even care who wins, Im just excited to watch some amazing hockey.

A Tampa 3peat would be LEGENDARY. However, an Avs win could be the beginning of the next dynasty.

Most excited I've been for a cup final probably since 2011.

Me too. I just am happy knowing we have a team that proved game worthy of being in the post season.  We just ran out of games to win. 

The old what if Coach B was here sooner syndrome. 

Our guys showed a lot of jam to fight their way back into the mix.

Tampa in 7

To me this is such a great matchup for HOCKEY fans...it's reminds me of the Oilers of the 80's and their first run against the Dynasty Isles.

An amazing run and gun team against a team full of vets who've won a number of cups in a row. I'm not suggesting these two teams are as dominant but it is a similar situation. 

I would argue, if Tampa wins 3 in a row, in this cap world that's a dynasty and then you have to start comparing them to those teams who have 3-5 cups. What's interesting to me is the first time the Oilers met the Isles in the finals they lost. It was the year after, once they'd learned what it took, it all started. That Oiler cup win though, was against an aging /. slowing team. While Tampa has alot of Vets, what's scary to me is, Hedman, Stamkos, Kuch, don't seem to be anywhere near slowing down. They have a few more runs left in them. 

Anyways, goaltending will be the difference here, Tampa in 7 is my call.

• Cheers 1

I'm looking forward to this!  I kinda think Tampa might take it but I'm definitely cheering for the Avs!  All year long I've heard that Colorado is overrated and not built for the playoffs.  I hope they keep serving up that crow! :towel:

• Like 1