The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Andrei Kuzmenko

It would be very satisfying, and funny, if the Canucks made the playoffs next year while the Oilers missed out.

Excited to see what else JR and PA can do, maybe offer sheet Puljujarvi?  Oilers going down.

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Puljujarvi

Podkolzin - Horvat - Boeser

Trade Miller, Garland and Pearson for D

• Cheers 2

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

It would be very satisfying, and funny, if the Canucks made the playoffs next year while the Oilers missed out.

Excited to see what else JR and PA can do, maybe offer sheet Puljujarvi?  Oilers going down.

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Puljujarvi

Podkolzin - Horvat - Boeser

Trade Miller, Garland and Pearson for D

No

Because the oilers will miss and win the lottery and get Bedard...NOOOO

4 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Top 6 or bottom 6 ?  Don't know too much about him, but the hyped train seems to showcase a player that is similar to Kaprisov.  Same stature but not sure, if they are similar in talent ?

Guess, we will have to wait & see.

Not Kaprisov by any means but definitely at top 9 guy, great shot, mobile good speed not great, and a competitor.  A good signing and hopefully he's a top 6 guy but at worst could be a solid 3rd liner who adds offense from that line giving us more balance. Someone posted earlier, his point totals in the KHL would translate into an approx 65 pt forward here...so first line potential. I kind of think of him as a Burrows type player in terms of comparisons.

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Andrei Kuzmenko

Left Wing -- shoots R
Born Feb 4 1996
[26 yrs. ago]
Height 5.11 -- Weight 194 [180 cm/88 kg]

Andrei Kuzmenko hockey player photo 

Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2014-15 CSKA Moscow KHL 12 1 2 3 0 6 1 0 0 0 0
2015-16 CSKA Moscow KHL 15 1 2 3 0 5 -- -- -- -- --
2016-17 CSKA Moscow KHL 34 6 9 15 6 11 1 0 0 0 2
2017-18 CSKA Moscow KHL 45 13 12 25 12 21 15 4 1 5 5
2018-19 St. Petersburg SKA KHL 58 12 19 31 20 23 9 0 0 0 0
2019-20 St. Petersburg SKA KHL 49 14 19 33 6 20 4 3 1 4 0
2020-21 St. Petersburg SKA KHL 57 18 19 37 14 17 15 4 2 6 4
2021-22 St. Petersburg SKA KHL 45 20 33 53 10 15 16 7 7 14 12

Embed Andrei Kuzmenko stats! | View as text

Tournaments
Year Tournament Team GP G A Pts PIM +/-
2016 World Junior U-20 Championships Russia U-20 7 0 0 0 2 1

I do LIKE righty snipers. Think they're a lil' tougher on 'tenders in shootouts too.

AK47..should he take such a #?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

I guess you're not understanding my point. I will clarify it for you.

Yes he can only sign a one year deal, so everyone has to pay him the same for this year

But, if his goal was simply to get the maximum second contract he can, he would undoubtedly sign with a team that can allow him to rack up points such that he can get a huge deal after this coming season right?

Where would your best bet be to do that? Would it be on the Canucks? Or being promised to play top 6, and top PP time with McDavid and Draisatl. Clearly the latter.

His decision shows that his sole priority isn't to max his next contract, its to go somewhere where he likes it and can potentially see a future.

I do understand it. I guess youre not understanding my point.  I will clarify it for you.  Because reading comprehension matters.

Like I said, next year he will be a UFA.  I did not say $$$ will be everything, but I did say it will certainly be a factor in his next contract, again if he does well.

If things go well with the Canucks and he stays-great.  But he’s no different than any other soon to be UFA.  Tyler Motte said how much he loved VAN but ultimately the two sides were far apart in terms of a new contract.  Money isn’t everything, but it’s certainly something, especially for a guy looking to cash in during his prime.

Just now, Bure_Pavel said:

Money wasnt a factor this time next, next year im sure it will be though. 

Then why wouldn't he have signed with Edmonton and played with McDavid and Draisatl to rack up points?

Its clear money isn't his only motivating factor.

Just now, Angry Goose said:

I do understand it. I guess youre not understanding my point.  I will clarify it for you.  Because reading comprehension matters.

Like I said, next year he will be a UFA.  I did not say $$$ will be everything, but I did say it will certainly be a factor in his next contract, again if he does well.

If things go well with the Canucks and he stays-great.  But he’s no different than any other soon to be UFA.  Tyler Motte said how much he loved VAN but ultimately the two sides were far apart in terms of a new contract.  Money isn’t everything, but it’s certainly something, especially for a guy looking to cash in during his prime.

Well clearly money will be a factor, if he gets 90 pts he's not signing for 2 mil a year for one year is he?

But play semantics as you please....my point makes sense and you want to avoid admitting that.

If all he cared about was maxing his second contract there's no way he doesn't choose edmonton, that's common sense

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

Then why wouldn't he have signed with Edmonton and played with McDavid and Draisatl to rack up points?

Its clear money isn't his only motivating factor.

Every team knows that playing with McDavid equals points though, and its Edmonton.  

Edited by Bure_Pavel

1 minute ago, NucknAsia said:

Well clearly money will be a factor, if he gets 90 pts he's not signing for 2 mil a year for one year is he?

But play semantics as you please....my point makes sense and you want to avoid admitting that.

If all he cared about was maxing his second contract there's no way he doesn't choose edmonton, that's common sense

Youre not listening.  This is his 1st year in the NHL and was limited to an entry level deal. Obviously choosing somewhere he thought that fits him matters and Im thrilled he chose VAN.

But I said its also “important to note”. Youre misinterpreting me and arguing with that in mind.  Its called a strawman. Look it up.