The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Andrei Kuzmenko

1 hour ago, Muttley said:

Obviously some of these goals are easy peasy but the guy has a great release that WILL score plenty of goals at the NHL level. Good on Alvin but really good on 

Bruce Boudreau as well. He's a firecracker and a tremendous judge of talent and how that talent will translate into his system..

Just a FILTHY deke/snipe at 3:25! My worrrrd!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Boeser is a year younger and has averaged .79 points per game in more games. He is one of the top 15 RW in the league. Tuch has a .56 points per game.   If you think Tuch is worth more than Boeser, you are watching a different sport than me.

Id take tuch and his size and style of play over boeser everyday of the week..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Huge.  Gotta figure that besides Boudreau, Podkolzin must have played a role in this.  The good experience he had here in his first year and the regard his team mates go out of their way to show for him must have helped convince Kuzmenko that this isn't a completely anti-Russian environment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rackdawg said:

Id take tuch and his size and style of play over boeser everyday of the week..

Need both types of players to win.  Need guys like Tuch to bang and crash and play a heavy game.  But also need guys who can score with their shot alone, like Boeser.  Even better, of course, to have that rolled up in one player - like Iginla. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Youre not listening.  This is his 1st year in the NHL and was limited to an entry level deal. Obviously choosing somewhere he thought that fits him matters and Im thrilled he chose VAN.

But I said its also “important to note”. Youre misinterpreting me and arguing with that in mind.  Its called a strawman. Look it up.

Evander Kane signed in Edmonton....why?

Because he's a UFA this season and money was all that matters to him

Clearly its not ALL for Kuzmenko...

There's a perfect and direct comp for you

Blockees!

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Like 1

we really need this team to recreate those iconic team photos from the 80's ie: gangster look 

It would be so good to update it to a KGB look photo. what with the Russians signing here. 

or maybe it's just me that liked those 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Need both types of players to win.  Need guys like Tuch to bang and crash and play a heavy game.  But also need guys who can score with their shot alone, like Boeser.  Even better, of course, to have that rolled up in one player - like Iginla. 

I suppose...but if i had to choose 1 ..its tuch.  Hes exactly what they need.

Edited by Rackdawg

Just now, NucknAsia said:

Evander Kane signed in Edmonton....why?

Because he's a UFA this season and money was all that matters to him

Clearly its not ALL for Kuzmenko...

There's a perfect and direct comp for you

Argue that kid

This is very important, because it lends to the character of Kuzmenko.  He's looking for more than just getting a max contract in July 2023.  We want guys like that.  We don't want guys like E Kane who are totally selfish and completely toxic.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rackdawg said:

I suppose...but if i had to choose 1 ..its tuch.  Hes exactly what they need.

Sure.  It depends on the team's needs.  But Kuzmenko is more of a playmaker who also scores.  He's neither Tuch, nor Brock.  He's in between I'd say.