The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canucks - Capitals trade involving Miller

• Odjick the Warrior changed the title to [Proposal] Canucks - Capitals trade involving Miller

Sorry to disappoint, OP, but...

Frankly if there's a side trade to move Myers for a pick (and another move to get a 3rd C) I'd be down for this.  :P
I don't know their C prospects well enough to know if there's a blue-chip defensive C available, but McMichael looks decent, as does the RHD prospect and Orlov.
If management wants other pieces in place of Orlov, even Jensen + Eller would be good, provided that they're re-signed.  

• Cheers 1

I don't see Orlov waving his ntc also not sold on McMicheal

I would do 

Canucks Trade

JT Miller 

Zloydeyev

Myers

Capitals Trade

2nd rd 2022 Jets

Jensen

Lorio

Rybinski

5 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Canucks trade

JT Miller

Tucker Poolman

Dmitri Zloydeyev

Capitals trade 

2022 1st round pick 

Connor McMichael

Dmitry Orlov 

Vincent Lorio 

Let's here everyone rip this trade apart

Could this be an opportunity to shed some cap?

JT Miller, OEL for Anthony Mantha, Martin Fehervary, Vincent Lorio and 2023 first

They get a 100 pnt producer and a solid blueliner with plenty of experience. 

We get a feisty blueliner that can play right now, another for the future, shorter-term cap hit and a pick in a deep draft.

We also open up a spot for Rathbone next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

JT Miller, OEL for Anthony Mantha, Martin Fehervary, Vincent Lorio and 2023 first

We get a feisty blueliner that can play right now, another for the future, shorter-term cap hit and a pick in a deep draft.

I don’t know if we can dump OEL on anyone.  But adding a guy like Mantha would be good.  He’s a couple years younger than Miller and can bring a lot of the same.  

3 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

Where do the Caps get the cap space to take on the contracts of both Miller & OEL?  Sure, they currently have just under 9 million in cap space available, but they still have to get TWO goalies signed under contract (and only have 5 defensemen signed).

I feel Washington is going to have a real good shot at landing Miller, especially if Backstrom is done.  They can easily fit him in next year, and long term.  Miller and Ovie would be scary together on the PP.

I could see a deal along the lines of:

McMichael- I think he probably play wing at the start, but he has big upside.  He is a natural goal scorer.   I get Lapierre id a most likely a more popular prospect, but I don't think he has the same level of upside.

Lorio-Huge local RD, who was a recent 2nd.  Had a huge season last year in the WHL.  Probably plays 1 more year there, but won't be far off.  

2022 1st

2022 Jets 2nd

We would then have the cap space to add another quality piece via UFA.