The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

1 hour ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

He's so decisive with his puck movement and gets around the o-zone well. I can see where the Willie Nylander comparisons come from. 

I wish I saw it, but I find he looks tentative on his zone entries. He's been stripped from behind a couple of times this game and has turned the puck over. Apart from nearly scoring, he hasn't stood out favourably to me. Maybe I'm judging him too harshly. 

Really happy with D-Petey tho'.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Goalie Interference said:

I wish I saw it, but I find he looks tentative on his zone entries. He's been stripped from behind a couple of times this game and has turned the puck over. Apart from nearly scoring, he hasn't stood out favourably to me. Maybe I'm judging him too harshly. 

Really happy with D-Petey tho'.

Actually, Lekeramcki has looked very good, especially without the puck.  He’s a super smart player, and very responsible defensively.  That’s why the ?Swedish coach moved our guy up a line and dropped Lysel.  Lysel is great to watch when he has the puck, but he’s awful the rest of the time.  Our guy looks very good.  Very impressive young player.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Actually, Lekeramcki has looked very good, especially without the puck.  He’s a super smart player, and very responsible defensively.  That’s why the ?Swedish coach moved our guy up a line and dropped Lysel.  Lysel is great to watch when he has the puck, but he’s awful the rest of the time.  Our guy looks very good.  Very impressive young player.  

You are watching a different game than I am. Apart from that one shot he hasn’t really left much of an impact on the game to my eyes. 

• Cheers 2

52 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

You are watching a different game than I am. Apart from that one shot he hasn’t really left much of an impact on the game to my eyes. 

Try watching the players when they don’t have the puck.  Our guy is exceptionally good.  Lysel is a bustaroo, selfish, look at me go mommy craperolla.  Our guys were two of their best out their.  And it’s because they play the right way when they don’t have the puck.  So I guess we do watch different games.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Try watching the players when they don’t have the puck.  Our guy is exceptionally good.  Lysel is a bustaroo, selfish, look at me go mommy craperolla.  Our guys were two of their best out their.  And it’s because they play the right way when they don’t have the puck.  So I guess we do watch different games.  

Well thats good that you enjoy watching him away from the puck because he's not doing much to get it and hasn't looked great with it.

Edited by hammertime
  • Cheers 2

22 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

The fact that he isn’t even iced during a 5 on 3       says quite a bit about how far this kid has to go. With his shot he should be a cinch for a 5 on 3. Re-Petey has been so so as well.

when was the last time we had a couple of stud World Junior performances? And don’t say Virtanen, lol. I recall EP and Quinn being just “alright”.

He just turned 18 and he played hard matchup mins against bedards line the whole game.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Yet some will attempt to spin this into a positive, lol. 

In fairness, Bystedt, Sandin-Pelikka and Jansson are like the only Swedish skaters who have bent the needle for Sweden all tournament long. I would say Pettersson has been pretty good too!

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

In fairness, Bystedt, Sandin-Pelikka and Jansson are like the only Swedish skaters who have bent the needle for Sweden all tournament long. I would say Pettersson has been pretty good too!

Petie D

When will he be ready for Abby

Then the big club?