The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Ilya Mikheyev

11 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I will agree that by the eye test, he does seem short, but I do wonder why he's registered as way taller than he actually is if that's true.

That's what hockey players do right from bantam.

You add 10 lbs and 2 inches. When the other team looks through the roster it looks better.

• Thanks 1

Management: We don't have any cap to improve the defense this year. 

Management: We will not make deals for the sake of making deals.

Also Management: We have signed a middle six forward for 4.75 million with term.

That cheddar could have bought a lot of much needed depth. 

Edited by Bure_Pavel
  • Cheers 2

Still don’t like the AAV much for a player whose only elite skill is skating in a straight line without the puck. The Jannik Hansen comp seems pretty spot on…except that Mikhayev actually scored 20 goals. So maybe I can live with the price tag if he can show some sort of offensive thrust with the Canucks.

Gotta get something done with our D. And the Miller situation obviously hangs over everything.

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Management: We don't have any cap to improve the defense this year. 

Management: We will not make deals for the sake of making deals.

Also Management: We have signed a middle six forward for 4.75 million with term.

That cheddar could have bought a lot of much needed depth. 

I'm not the biggest fan Unless that money is coming from some of the other worthless money on the roster via other trades. But I'm not paying two 2nds to remove that money..

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Still don’t like the AAV much for a player whose only elite skill is skating in a straight line without the puck. The Jannik Hansen comp seems pretty spot on…except that Mikhayev actually scored 20 goals. So maybe I can live with the price tag if he can show some sort of offensive thrust with the Canucks.

Gotta get something done with our D. And the Miller situation obviously hangs over everything.

The difference is Jannik Hansen's career earnings are less than the value of this 4 year contract.

1 hour ago, Maddogy said:

If Jim Benning made this signing this thread would be blowing up with insults and death threats.

Benning would've gave him 7 million x 8 because he would be scared someone sign him first and his excuse will be "i RaN oUt oF tImE"