The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Tkachuk trade in the works

7 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Don't laugh too hard and jinx it...this could be Pettersson in 2 years...

That makes zero sense. Pettersson loves Vancouver, he loves the fans, the community charity work here, he’s very close with Hughes and Boeser, and his new manager keeps surrounding him with fellow Swedes.

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I wouldn't be gloating over this stuff. Vancouver has been lucky comparatively speaking. 

Also this means a mid 20's top scoring playoff style winger potentially is hitting the trade market. If there was any preliminary JT Miller talks happening around the league you can be assured those have all been placed on the back burner.

Players have their rights re: Gaudreau's decision to leave Calgary. But nobody else has a problem with what is happening? Nobody should potentially be losing two star players this way. 

Its red flags that a player is going to arbitration and their response publicly is that they must be on the outs. Like we can't work through arbitration? Like just maybe teams can use the system to stop from overpaying or a player could understand its a negotiation.

Its pure crap how so many of these individuals act.

One of the many reasons why a Canadian team hasn't won a Stanley Cup since 1993. 

21 minutes ago, Underdog7 said:

That makes zero sense. Pettersson loves Vancouver, he loves the fans, the community charity work here, he’s very close with Hughes and Boeser, and his new manager keeps surrounding him with fellow Swedes.

If Allvin manages the roster well then I think Petey will stay long term, but let's not forget this EP quote from August last year:

“I want to stay there (Vancouver) now, but I also want to play for a team that’s winning and has the chance to go far into the playoffs every year. I feel like we’ve got a chance to do that next year. If we have that chance when my next deal expires… I don’t know. I just want to play where there’s a chance of winning.”

• Upvote 1

2 marquee American star player ditching Canadian city to go back home. When was the last time an American star player signs long term and wants to play in a Canadian city? Good odds this will factor into miller and good chance he ditch despite saying otherwise 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Saw a rumour that said the Blues offered Kyrou, Krug, and a 1st.

Flames rejected it. I don’t understand why, that’s a great deal.

prolly coz krug is old with a decent size cap hit signed till 35-36 and they don't really need a defenseman.. the 1st will be a really late first.. 

51 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Don't laugh too hard and jinx it...this could be Pettersson in 2 years...

Pettersson is playing under a coach who respect his players, in a city that isn't one of the biggest ****holes on the planet, and doesn't have severe character issues like the turtle and the midget.  We'll be fine.

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Saw a rumour that said the Blues offered Kyrou, Krug, and a 1st.

Flames rejected it. I don’t understand why, that’s a great deal.

That's the best deal they are going to get.  If I was St. Louis I would just wait it out and get him on a free next summer when Tarasenko is off the books...

• Cheers 1