The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flames trade Matthew Tkachuk, conditional 2025 4th-round pick to Panthers for Jonathan Huberdeau, MacKenzie Weegar, Cole Schwindt, conditional 2025 1st-round pick

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

He had a minor NTC. So we can assume he's at least somewhat okay going to Calgary. Lol. Considering many thought they were going straight to a rebuild it says something that he didn't have them as one of the 8 teams he won't waive for. I could see him re-signing with them.

More likely he just had other teams he was less willing to be traded to.

Unless Calgary is backing up the Brinks truck I don’t know how Huberdeau doesn’t go to free agency.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

Unless Calgary is backing up the Brinks truck I don’t know how Huberdeau doesn’t go to free agency.

Other than Arizona, Buffalo, Ottawa and maybe Seattle I can't think of many teams that are worse than Calgary. Lol.

I have no idea how Tkachuk got that haul. That seems like an unfathomable overpay by the Panthers. I guess pending UFAs aren't worth that much with a full year left? Would not bode well for Miller's value.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Yeah, I honestly don't see him signing an extension. Obviously I have no idea what I'm talking about, just a feeling.

9 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Calgary can try maintain form with Weegar and Huberdeau, and they got a 1st round pick to flip for more roster players. The idea they are dead in the water might not be true.

agree, flames have potential with this trade, both of those players are good, now trade the 1st for a another good player, flames could be a team on the up

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Flames trade Matthew Tkachuk, conditional 2025 4th-round pick to Panthers for Jonathan Huberdeau, MacKenzie Weegar, Cole Schwindt, conditional 2025 1st-round pick